Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grakata Sound [Merged]

jollter

Personally I think Prisma weapons should be a little bit more, uh, novelty in their inner workings. Kinda maybe like Pulse Rifle from HL2 or something.
I mean, it's an assault rifle all right, it is handled as one too, but inside it's completely alien.

Last weekend I was deciding between forma-ing the hek out of either the Prisma Grakata or the Braton Prime. (to take a break from the usual suspects)

And now suddenly this guy shows up and informs me of my less than ideal choice.

indiana_jones_grail_knight-you-have-chos

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

I'm fairly convinced DE staff have never shot a rifle/handgun in their life. Even a small 9mm round is literally deafening.

Yuuuupe.

I'm pretty sure they have some tight guns laws up in Canada, but that's no excuse!

It's not like Warframe guns need to sound like real guns, but they should sound powerful... Which in a funy kind of way makes them sooo much more entertaining to use.

It's a huge reason I love my Brakk and Vulkar... They sound deadly.

This new P. Grakata is weak, plan, and not fitting for a bullet based firearm at all, Prisma or not.

It's like DE is trolling us with these 'free' gun upgrades.

"Hope you enjoy the gun we rivsed for you, it's better than the vinilla version so you'd be silly to not use it!

Oh, but we completely messed with the sound and made it painful to use. Enjoy!"

It should be swapped with normal Grakata sound, then I would die laughing everytime I took on the Grineer!

I tried it again, giving it a second chance, took about 20 seconds before I switched to my secondary.

Please George and the rest of the team, please reconsider!

The new sound doesn't fit the weapon at all, imo. It sounds more like a plasma repeater than a submachine gun. I wouldn't mind if they added only a bit of the 'pew' sound like they did with Braton Prime and Vectis Prime(Which both sound brilliant, imo). But this pure 'pew' sound just doesn't fit the weapon. Especially with its design. I also don't think it fits with the strong recoil the weapon gives off. I liked how this gun gave the user a 'kick' with its dakka sound. It matches the recoil and made it believable and overall, gave the gun a great feeling when shooting. I would love to see the sound adjusted. The Prisma Grakata became my main automatic weapon ever since I got it off Baro. :(

Edited by Knightmare047

So how do you guys really feel? ;)

But seriously, the reason the sound was changed was to give the Prisma variant a different tone so that you feel like you are firing a different version of the weapon.  Our main goal is to make all the variants of the weapons have a different audio character instead of them all sounding the same.  Perhaps we went too far in the "high tech" direction with the Prisma Grakata... we will be taking another look at the weapon and making adjustments.

But trust in the fact that whenever we make a sound change we are doing it with the intention of making the sound more varied and interesting... we don't do it just for the sake of it.  We want the game to sound as awesome as you guys and gals do, and we make every effort to do that everyday :) 

DE_George. 

But seriously, the reason the sound was changed was to give the Prisma variant a different tone so that you feel like you are firing a different version of the weapon.  Our main goal is to make all the variants of the weapons have a different audio character instead of them all sounding the same.  Perhaps we went too far in the "high tech" direction with the Prisma Grakata... we will be taking another look at the weapon and making adjustments.

But trust in the fact that whenever we make a sound change we are doing it with the intention of making the sound more varied and interesting... we don't do it just for the sake of it.  We want the game to sound as awesome as you guys and gals do, and we make every effort to do that everyday :) 

DE_George. 

Having the differentiation is a nice idea, so that the two versions can be distinguished a little bit. However, I don't think anyone picks up a Grineer weapon, or even a special variant of a Grineer weapon, and expects "high tech". They expect the 'daka daka', or in the case of the insanely rapid-fire Grakata almost more of a humming 'brrrrrrrt', with a more mechanical kind of clunking characteristic instead of the zappy 'pew pew'. Even the zappy sound on a lot of the prime rifles still sounds weird. With the Prisma being a more advanced version, I could see it having a sort of high tech undertone that is a less-audible part of its sound, but it should really sound like a stronger, beefier weapon since it has higher crit damage

Edited by Centias

Yes, please do! Thank you, DE_George. *_*

DE_George. 

No love for the old Soma Prime sound? :(

Edited by LeeAmatsu

DE_George. 

I thought the original sound was different enough to tell the difference. Really want that one back =( We do appreciate the effort to bring about sound diversity between weapons though.

Edited by H3dsh0t

DE_George. 

we know your efforts and thank you for this awesome game