Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing On Loading Screens

KiteoHatto

This seems to only happen when i have dx10 and 11 ticked in launcher options. This was happening on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with latest amd drivers(7970Ghz edition).

Now i switched some stuff around and it still happens, im now running windows 8.1 pro with gtx980ti(353.30 drivers)

Both of these were fresh installs.

My specs:

i7 3930k

980ti

16gb ddr3 vengeance ram

120gb SSD's (m4 crucial) <warframe is installed on it.

My connection is solid and ports are properly forwarded.

Another game i play also has that issue of crashing in loading screens, but i was able to find a fix for it by messing around with services and disabling some things. This really stopped my crashing in that game, perhaps by bringing this to light developers could also narrow the issue down for this game.

The following fix was discovered by someone else and for another game with a similar issue, so don't ask me why it works, as i don't have any idea.

1. Press Windows key + R (or search 'Run').
Type services.msc in the popup box.

2. Once this is open click 'Name' to sort in alphabetical order (Names starting with A at the top)

3. Find 3 processes called Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Superfetch, and Windows Search.

4. For all 3 of these processes, double click the name and you’ll see a dropdown where it says Startup Type. Put it on Disabled and hit apply but don't close the box.

5. On that same opened box theres a tab, ‘Recovery’ Click it and find the 3 drop down boxes ‘First Failure, Second Failure and Subsequent Failures’ Change all three of those to ‘Take no Action’ Apply then Ok. Do this for Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Superfetch, and Windows Search.

6. Once you’ve done that for all 3, Restart your PC

All i know is that in warframe unticking dx10 and dx11 in launcher options makes it not crash, but i would really like to play with fancy graphics....as im sure others would too.

Edited by kiteohatto

I'm glad you've been able to resolve your crashing. I'm curious; when your game did crash, was the Warframe Crash Handler appearing for you, or was the game simply closing?

I've heard of disabling superfetch preventing crashes in other games (not on the loading screen), so I'd like to know what other game was that experienced the loading screen crashes.

Warframe crashes in 2 possible ways for me.

1. It just closes down without any crash handler report.

2. The game "loads" but it's just a black screen with sound in the background, im able to hear my weapons sounds and such, however team mates just tell me that they lose connection to the game.(alt tabbing doesn't work and the only way is to close the game through the task manager)

The crash occurs when im starting a mission(and im the host) from my liset, not when im coming out of the mission.

The other game where i had crashes during loading screen was Aura Kingdom (aeria games, official via steam) and that was when i was transitioning from one map to the next.

I also run warframe through steam.

• 6 years later...
On 2015-07-16 at 6:22 PM, KiteoHatto said:

This seems to only happen when i have dx10 and 11 ticked in launcher options. This was happening on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with latest amd drivers(7970Ghz edition).

Now i switched some stuff around and it still happens, im now running windows 8.1 pro with gtx980ti(353.30 drivers)

Both of these were fresh installs.

My specs:

i7 3930k

980ti

16gb ddr3 vengeance ram

120gb SSD's (m4 crucial) <warframe is installed on it.

My connection is solid and ports are properly forwarded.

Another game i play also has that issue of crashing in loading screens, but i was able to find a fix for it by messing around with services and disabling some things. This really stopped my crashing in that game, perhaps by bringing this to light developers could also narrow the issue down for this game.

The following fix was discovered by someone else and for another game with a similar issue, so don't ask me why it works, as i don't have any idea.

Hidden Content

All i know is that in warframe unticking dx10 and dx11 in launcher options makes it not crash, but i would really like to play with fancy graphics....as im sure others would too.

hey what if i don't see super fetch?

Edited by Apollo1217
typo