The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Female Corpus?

Cerenax

Corpus_Concepts.jpg

We saw those units quite a few devstreams back and we got no word of it ever since.

They talked about it in the lastest Dev Stream. Only briefly tho, like saying they're still working on it.

Edited by Gravefire

Don't worry, they'll be here SEWN

By the way, Skyers did a good job, I would almost spare them...

Almost... >:)

One problem though : why do they have the exact same face?!! They aren't grineer!! I'll make a thread about that right now.

Edited by unknow99

They are supposed to be in the major update along with the Sentients which I'm assuming is U17.

Pretty sure Sentients are their own update all together. 17 is mostly about Parkour 2.0 and a ton of smaller features from what I understand now that the Star Chart has likely been pushed to 17.5 or 18.

WAT

I'm not going to shoot and chop females in two.

I know it's sexist to reserve the violence only for male corpus.

I don't even enjoy attacking corpus.

If Hive missions weren't so damned stressful and if they gave better rewards my Warframe would practically live in one.

Edited by Coryphaus

I'm guessing it's getting complicated for them to properly work on the attachments part of them - I think they said they wanted to be able to have these chick combine their pits and bobs to greater effect, rather than just be different types with different colors and abilities.

WAT

I'm not going to shoot and chop females in two.

You are not alone

I'm curious, how do you guys feel about killing female Grineer?

I really hope we'll see the new units soon. At least it's good to know that Skyers has been working on them. Almost the entire faction by this point consists of palette swaps of Crewmen, MOA and Osprey models. Even the Bursas haven't appeared since the event. Besides, the Corpus isn't the faction composed of sterile clones, it's kinda silly we haven't seen a single female Corpus by now.

It kinda makes me feel disgusted how it's okay to kill male enemies, but suddenly some people hesitate to shoot pixels in female shape.

I think it shows some truth about how our society works and sheds light on other not really happy conclusions in general. Quite controversial IMO (not that I have anything against anyone).

Myself I couldn't care less, honestly. Adding some diversity to Corpus certainly wouldn't hurt :P

Edited by masterofpotatoes

I'm guessing it's getting complicated for them to properly work on the attachments part of them - I think they said they wanted to be able to have these chick combine their pits and bobs to greater effect, rather than just be different types with different colors and abilities.

Yeah, I'm thinking about the physics on those females huehue

Design wise I want to see hair!

Edited by Hueminator

My best bet is that they are making the new corpus enemies modular;

Body, legs, arms, head as separates.

This way they can create a varied array of units like they have done with the grineer.

Timeconsuming atfirst, but very rewarding in the end.

Oh, and I sincerely hope that every last one in that image is a placeholder.

Only the Grineer are degenerate, not corpus.  About hair, did you look at our void key prophet?

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with degeneration.

Everything in Warframe, the Corpus especially, start with the Orokin Empire. The Orokin were all about genetic engineering, making themselves perfect and beautiful. WHAT is the stereotypical idea of beauty? Hairless. Silky skin. Yeah, female tend to have their hair included in that, but take it to the EXTREME and EVERYONE become nubile and sleek.

Could be the Orokin just engineered the crap out of themselves to achieve that perfect - heck, it's suggested they didn't even use intercourse to reproduce!

As for Anyo: I don't htink he has hair. It's all tattoos.

Edited by Morec0

I'm fairly certain that the Ancient Healer synthesis confirmed my theory about Corpus Crewman: they're actually about 50% male and 50% female, but you can't tell their gender because of the suits that they wear.

Oh? How so?

Don't forget the techno-beard

One does not simply forget the techno beard.

Oh? How so?

"Acid spit burned another soldier's chest, I pushed energy to her, eased the pain, then reversed the damage, she would live."

The healer that's narrating the imprint uses female pronouns to refer to a specific Corpus crewman.

As for why they're all called crewmen? The alternative would mean putting two Ws next to each other, and the insanity that would follow would destroy the entire faction.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

"Acid spit burned another soldier's chest, I pushed energy to her, eased the pain, then reversed the damage, she would live."

The healer that's narrating the imprint uses female pronouns to refer to a specific Corpus crewman.

As for why they're all called crewmen? The alternative would mean putting two Ws next to each other, and the insanity that would follow would destroy the entire faction.

Eh, may not have been a Crewman. May have been just a soldier (potentially of Grineer origin, but maybe not) - keep in mind things were very different back then, corpus was just a word for family, not some system-reaching megacorporation. The term would evolve over time to mean the latter as it does in game (which it still probably has some of its original meaning in tow).

The Crewman name, imo, just deals with exactly what they are: Crewmen, like the crewmen on any ship.

Edited by Morec0

Eh, may not have been a Crewman. May have been just a soldier (potentially of Grineer origin, but maybe not) - keep in mind things were very different back then, corpus was just a word for family, not some system-reaching megacorporation. The term would evolve over time to mean the latter as it does in game (which it still probably has some of its original meaning in tow).

It's possible that the female soldier wasn't a crewman, but since the characters in the imprint have names that are reminiscent of Corpus names, they use MOAs, and they refer to the Tenno as betrayers, it seems probable that she was a crewman.

Anyway, the reason those crewmen are men because of their audio, you never heard any female voice are you?

None of them have human voices, most likely because of some kind of apparatus in their helmets.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3