July 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics!  

1,822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only problem I have for weapon swaping is that swaping melee weapons to firearms and vise versa needs a separate button since sometimes it glitches out making me unable to switch back and forth unless I keep repeatedly press the default swap button.

There is one already, you just need to bind it on the options menu.

Weapon swap speed needs to be drastically increased.  I should be able to mod for Radiation on my primary and switch to my Corrosive secondary to *quickly* deal with Heavy Gunners and Ancient Healers.  The key word is "quickly".

There are 2 main problems with Bombards: their magical homing rockets and the incessant knockdowns from what seems to be a 25-50% Blast proc chance.  I don't really have a problem with the amount of damage they do when it's not glitched because they are supposed to be dangerous.  I just think that their rockets shouldn't home in.  Make their Ogris function like ours.  Last, explosions really need line of sight checks.  I've been hit and knocked down through doors, walls, crates, and every other form of cover in the game.  As long as you can avoid or take cover from the rockets, the damage and knockdown you take from them isn't as much of a problem.

Formae still need to drop less in high level void.  Hek, all common drops need to drop less in T3 and 4.  Going through all the work to farm the keys and then farm the missions to get incessant Formae, Orokin Cells, and other junk drops just makes players burned out and less likely to play Warframe in the future.

Building resources in the Foundry is a good idea, but they're way too expensive.  You need 15k credits and a huge amount of other resources for *one* Neural Sensor, Neurode, or Orokin Cell.  I'm only in favor of more ways to craft resources if they're less absurdly expensive.

Last, explosions really need line of sight checks.  I've been hit and knocked down through doors, walls, crates, and every other form of cover in the game.  As long as you can avoid or take cover from the rockets, the damage and knockdown you take from them isn't as much of a problem.

This is my biggest complaint with them. Am generally fine with everything else except for the explosions that seem able to phase through any solid object you care to imagine.

I'm another one of those players that likes to forma everything, so don't actually mind receiving forma blueprints, though it is frustrating when they appear on the same rotations as coveted prime parts.

If transmuting for reactors or catalysts implies the same costs as the rare resource blueprints... count me out.

Weapon Swap Speed

Yes.

A lot of Tenno movements in the game are very very leisurely, and weapon swap speed is one of them.  There is plenty of video on youtube to show how incredibly fast RL Humans can move.  In contrast, someone with a super suit shouldn't be slower than a RL Human and unfortunately Tenno weapon swap speed is unexciting and oddly slow.

Do you think Bombards need an update?

Other.

The Bombard rocket is a good motivator to Space Ninja.  It seems to me that the target lock has already been toned down.  The only thing wrong with the rocket is that it can barely be seen or heard so there isn't much of a game there as far as dodging it.  I rarely get hit by one because I'm always moving and I actively hunt them down.  It sounds like a lot of the complaints about them come from people who play very carelessly, camping and face tanking, and don't want to use warframe movement very much.  If one moves, hunts them down, and uses the rest of one's tool kit then it takes a lot of bombards to create an unwinnable situation.  Maybe cap their number so the rockets do not present an unavoidable wall at some point.

Forma Drops

Maybe, but, mostly no.

The issue with forma is that they are cranking up the grind.  So, regardless if they have a ducat value or not, it's still increasing the grind astronomically.  Availability of content is either feast level 1 or famine level 9000.  That's not fun.  It seems to me that practically every change of this sort has been used to drastically increase the grind.  So, if forma BPs acquire a ducat price, then, what else will become insanely rare?

Transmuting in the Foundry

Nah.  Grind increase is sure to follow.  Just increase the drop rates.

Edited by ThePresident777

Forma should sell for 75 ducats, and completed forma for 150 ducats (this is prime orokin material!). Would only be fair. Bombards are getting rediculous. I've had their bombs follow me around corners, around walls, behind things (all at once) It was actually navigating around obstacles! What in the hek? Maybe its more evil against you if you're host. Not to mention the 1st one knocks you down, then you get 4 more while your down.

Resource BP:

Having a way to craft a rare resource is cool imo, but their cost and the place they drop(really DE, you know how cool it will be when i will get as a nightmare reward a 4th neurodes BP?As so far i got only neuroses bp from the raid but i did only like 6-7  nightmare trial's so far)and depending on that, how much it costs to build and where they drop, is rly important imo.

Weapon swap speed

PLEASE FIX THE SPEED HOLSTER AURA!!!!!

How is it not obvious that a first step towards ANY fix for swapping weapons is the buffing of the speed holster aura.

Currently the ura is not competitive in any way. Each frame has one aura slot and you only have 4 auras in a mission (or 8 in a raid). This is one of the worst auras in the game on two fronts. Firstly the amount of mod energy it gives is less than most standard auras as it is only 3 ranks (Maximum +5 capacity) compared to most auras being 5 (Maximum +7 capacity) ignoring steel charges +9 cpacity. So if I am looking to stick an aura in my warframe regardless of the mods effect I am crippling my capactity pool byu using this mod. On top of that Speed holster requires multiple users of the mod to gain a decent amount of increase to weapon swapping. Now I know most auras stack so that you are expected to bring 4 to gain the largest benefit but most auras provide a more useful buff than swapping weapons. You have two auras Eneney radar and loot detector that give the majority of their benefit from 1 user bringing the aura and multiples are a minor benefit.

So I would suggest that first step is to buff the desrieability of speed holster as an aura mod. It should give a minimum of +7 capcacity but I would think +9 would be desereved to make it competitive. I mean all it does it let your weapons swap quicker, so it needs to give some other reason to be exciting. Also I feel the amount of "swapping" it shoulde give should cap out at two users equipping the mod. This would mean that even one user brining this mod would give a boost to swap time and feel like the aura of the team weapon is contributing.

Bombards

Bombards are cool and scary at times. However I feel they need to telegraph their attacks better so you know when they are about to stike you. This would allow players a chance to realise they are being targetted and do something to respond. Currently they can sneak up on you and unload a barrage of rockets silently.

Weapon swap speed

Yes, that's an issue that's bugging me since i started this game. The swap speed is super slow (which is kind of a bummer giving that we are kinda like demi-god warrior) but it's not only the speed, there is a delay before you can use the weapon and there are some animation bugs in the way when we swap weapons (the frame take the wrong weapon so we end up having 2 weapon swaps instead of one). It should get a rework not just an increase of speed.

edit: i'm so glad this is finaly in the community hot topic. That's the kind of minor QoL that could greatly improve the flow of the game

Bombards

i'm ok with them but i guess you could add some sound and maybe decrease the rate of fire.

Forma ducats 

i have 150+ forma bps, so getting some ducats from that, i wouldn't mind

Ressource bp

No opinion on the matter. But i will say that i would prefer more way to drop the ressource itself.

Edited by Gilmaesh

Regarding weapon swap speed, I really think this ought to be a weapon stat that reflects how the weapon is used.

In general sidearms should be faster to swap to than primaries, but there should be overlap between the two. Heavier, more cumbersome sidearms could swap slightly slower than the lightest primaries, like the Latron. The swap speed should depend on the design of the weapon as well as its strength, and perhaps on the existing animations (some animations just wouldn't look good sped up significantly). Lighter weapons should swap more quickly than heavier weapons. Things like throwing daggers should swap much more quickly than, say, the embolist.

Same is true of melee weapons. Big heavy weapons should take a little longer to swap to than smaller weapons. Daggers should be practically instantaneous. They sure as heck could use some kind of a buff.

I realize this would add quite a bit of work to the process, given how many weapons there are, but I think it might be worthwhile.

Forma ducats 

i have 150+ forma bps, so getting some ducats from that, i wouldn't mind

Yet I ran 7 missions void HOPING to get forma and got nothing. ;-; I need forma to make more weapons and sentinels as well as fully max other weapons. I just never have enough.....

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Sorry must have hit submit before completing the post.  here is the complete post.

Re: Bombards

I think the mechanics need a serious update, but framing what the community sees to be a problem in terms of buff vs. de-buff is narrow in my opinion.  Let's instead make the encounter with the Bombard fun! :D

The Bombard/C. Bombard is more annoying than fun in my opinion for the following reasons:

1. Lack of indication of the incoming missiles

2. which makes it difficult to avoid them because I cannot have 360 degree perfect situational awareness all the time

3. Blast damage should not be able to hit you through cover under any circumstance

4. fire rate: typically he got multiple rockets off before I realized that there were any incoming

5. homing functionality: while a successful dodge is satisfying, I find that I usually dodge the first one because I noticed it too late and my timing was only lucky to work in my favor, only to be hit by the successive rockets.

6. he should be vulnerable to being hit by his own blast, though AI could be that he won't fire if he would hit himself

So What might be more fun?  What if his primary weapon (maybe its not Ogris (possible additional research for Tenno and more mastery) had very different mechanics:

Option A:  Rocket cluster weapon, like you would see hanging off of an attack helicopter

1.  No Homing.  he can track while firing, but cannot lead very well, probably faster projectile speed than what we have

2. Rapid Fire, large mag (10-15 rockets?), relatively low damage per rocket but high damage per volley, small to medium (like 2.5 meter diameter) blast radius

3.  Successive hits to the tenno increases the chance of knockdown, but an individual rocket has a low chance

3. audio as minimal indication of incoming, if not visual representation of the blast area.

4. consistently avoidable by coptering/Parkour 2.0

5. Long reload time, like maybe 3 to five seconds

6. could he have a second primary machine gun for closer range engagements?  He is huge.  he can carry that.

7. what if the smoke trails from successive volleys could obscure the battle field for both sides, affecting accuracy or line of sight?

Option B: Mortar type weapon with carpet bomb mechanic

1. Many rounds again, but they would all hit in a very small time frame, like 2 seconds max.  no homing.

2. covering a large area like, 10 meters in diameter, but random individual placement.  damage is relatively high to devastating

3. Minimum 1-2 second reload, 1 round mag

4. @ minimum an audio queue

5. Consistently avoidable with Parkour 2.0/rapid movement

6. maybe you could hide in the blast area because that area is obscured?  kinda like he is dropping deadly ash smoke bombs.

TLDR: Tenno, walking away from explosions is fun and ultimate stylish!

Edited by Ironelle

The problem with Forma BP and other stuff dropping on high Void:

I don't know if it's too complicated, but why not make the reward chance scale with the number of itens you have of that rotation?

Ex.: for each X Forma BP you have, the chance to get it as reward are reduced by X%. In a cell with 4 players, each of them full of Forma BPs, this reward would rarely appear, and everyone would be happy.

The same logic can be used on each reward on each mission with repetitive rotations like Survival, Interception and Excavation.

Weapon swap speed don´t needs to be faster, but it should depend on your equipped weapon. Not every weapon can be equipped with the same speed.

Bombards itself are fine, the only problem I can see is that there are to many of them in higher waves/minutes. And please no sound that rockets are tracking on you, this game already has to much input.

I can only speak to Bombards.

At the moment, the only glaring issue with them is their rockets, especially the void variant. Those things are pretty hard to dodge when under stress from the other units. No, it isn't that hard to avoid them when you have just that to worry about, but this is a swarm game, that only happens 2% of the time. It'd be handy to have a detection system to tell us if we are locked on by a rocket, as that would help us from getting our butts scrapped by surprise. Also, it makes no sense why the explosions should hit you from behind a wall. Same goes for any enemy ability that ignores wall collision (nully bubble, I am looking at you...). Players are limited by los in a lot of ways; enemies should not receive the get-out-of-los-free card. Finally, the spawn rate of those guys needs a fair tweak.....on that note, I don't think the spawn tweak for Healers was toned down as said...

Edited by R34LM

Weapon Swap Speed

I've thought that secondary weapons should be faster to deploy and use for a very long time, so that they can be worked into the flow of combat as needed instead of the game playing like we have two primary weapons.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/241663-sidearms-20/

Bombards

Two changes:

1.) Missiles somewhat easier to shoot down. I'm not sure I've ever been able to do this unless using AOE weapons.

2.) Explosions respect LOS so that players can actually take cover from them.

Forma drops

Adding 10 ducats sale value to forma blueprints seems like a reasonable thing.

Transmuting in the foundry

I'm against transmuting into potatoes.  Potatoes already come up in alerts, invasions and dev streams. No you're not going to be able to put a potato in every frame and weapon if you only rely on free ones, but we have to be realistic here: Warframe's F2P strategy is already very fair.

Ok, my 2 cents.

1. Swap speed.

Yes, it should be faster. Much faster. For reference, when I use the holster mods on both Conclave weapons (which gives +200% holster rate after the buff), swapping the weapons becomes actually viable. Maybe you can work from there. There is also the weird game response to swapping - sometimes the key is ignored if you're in the middle of some action (not coptering or anything - just transitioning into a slide is enough), sometimes the presses are queued. It's even more of a headache with melee - I literally couldn't know what gun I'm going to pull out as I holstered it. I use a dedicated melee equip button now, which smoothes this part out.

2. Bombards.

I won't whine about how OP they are, but I am going to note that the only way to reliably dodge a missile in an open space is to melee-jump over it or copter under it or right beside it - otherwise it's going to home in on you. This is especially alarming considering that we're about to lose coptering. My opinion is that they home in so well because they have enough time for it - so if nothing else is going to be changed, they should either get more speed (yes, more), or less turning rate. If we're going deeper, perhaps it would be good to have a consistent strategy to counter them and remake them accordingly: if we are supposed to shoot the missiles, they must be more noticeable, actually possible to hit, and we should know shooting them works (maybe just a loading screen tip would do); if we are supposed to dodge them, the missiles can be made faster, but lose the homing ability and/or be telegraphed before they are fired. How? Well, the bombards carry Ogris - give them that distinctive charge click, if nothing else.

I don't know about the explosion punch-through. If we limit their explosions, it would make no sense that our own rockets get them through walls (or, god forbid, we'd get our explosives modified accordingly). If we don't - well, that's what we have.

3. Formae.

While ducats would give us a way to dump them, I'm pretty sure people would still get mad if they received a forma on a rotation C instead of their precious Ash Prime blueprint. Whether you want it or not, key availability and drop rate give value to some drops, so if a Forma is a frequent drop on low-tier missions, putting it on high-tier missions with high demand for keys is just adding garbage to the drop table.

4. Resource and consumable BPs.

I'm not really interested. Rare resource blueprints don't have much use for me, because it's much faster and more efficient to just go farm that Orokin Cell for 15 minutes. As for consumables, I believe they're spoiling the players - energy becomes much less valuable if everyone carrier 50 big refills in his pocket (but please don't take my energy restores T_T). So, I'd only say yes if it's something that does not fit that picture.

Edited by DrewHorrigan

Bombards

are fine as is but I think they need a visual overhaul.

As a special unit they need more of a presence on the battlefield. When a Heavy Gunner spawns, they're very tall and their Gorgons are really loud when they're being fired off. When a Bombard spawns, they're not very tall and don't really have much of a distinguishable appearance from standard Grineer units and when they fire off rockets, they don't make any noise at all for being a flying rocket. Maybe give Bombard rockets that are locked onto the player an audio cue or maybe even a HUD icon of some sort?

Bombards

I feel that the Grineer Bombards are fine how they are now. One of my most fondest memories in WF is running away from a Bombard's rocket only to do a 90 degree turn around a corner and following me into the next room. However, a part of me do wish that the rockets themselves were subjectable to melee attacks. Take for example, if you can time a melee attack perfectly with an incoming rocket then the rocket would shoot back at a Bombard. On a side note, one thing that really grinds my gears is that the rocket's color trajectory from Corrupted Bombards in the void and how easily it blends in with a Nullifier's golden shield, thus making the rockets near invisible.

Forma ducats = cheap try to sugar coat the trash drops to increase the grind factor (that´s not what people wanted they want to get rid of rota C forma....)

Ressources = So you can increase the log in time and that everyone NEEDS to log in every day because: we all know that when you release new bps for resources you will adjust their drop in the normal world so to be sufficient with resources you WILL need to log in every day and lock in the foundry.. or is this a try to push your Nexus App... who knows..

The rest is clear, swap speed higher, bombards homing reduce and more visibility/warning sounds

the last two items seem to be related to a larger issue with forma. rather than nerf the rate at which they drop, i think the best solution going forward is making them more desirable. being able to trade them in for ducats is a nice step, but i think the bigger and possibly better idea is to make them do more. transmuting them into something else is very interesting but i'd like to know what they can be changed into before i make a judgement here.