July 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics!  

1,822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weapon Swap Speed

Honestly, other than the frequent hiccups, (Having to hit 'F' multiple times to swap,) I don't feel like it takes too long to swap weapons. Now, I know I'd love a quick-Secondary feature, like the melee; Being able to whip your pistol out at take an enemy down a notch would be useful. But all told, I'm fine with the current speeds. Having a utility mod, one that can be used with that sweet new Utility feature you guys showed on the latest Devstream, that increased swap time might be nice too.

Bombards

I like Bombards; Honestly, I do. They present a unique challenge, where your skill as a player is actually tested. But they do have their problems. In a thread, maybe the one you mentioned, someone suggested having a decent indicator of blast radius, missile location, and maybe ironing out that damned fire rate. I thought all of those would be a pretty damn good way to make it a skill-based threat, rather than a one-man death squad. The tracking is fine, the high damage is expected, but their fire rate seems to be the worst bit. I can even take explosions through walls, if the walls are thin or if I'm not entirely behind the wall (Though if we could fix the explosion knocking us forward, out of the frost shield, out from behind the cover, or what have you, that would be a big boon)

Having them have a better arsenal of melee/close range attacks would also make them a little less of a melee punching bag. They're pretty big, heavy dudes, so if they punched a Tenno, I could see some decent knockback, or, (Why am I even suggesting this?) Another knockdown. Just make it so they don't start firing rockets when you're right next to them.

Forma Drops

I'd be fine with Forma being ducat-able, even if they're only 10 ducats apiece. I think, though, that if you make them ducat-able then they can be left where they are, and even maybe at the same drop rate.

Transmuting in the Foundry

This sounds wonderful. And even lore-friendly. I mean, Orokin Cell, Orokin Catalyst, and Orokin Reactors could all technically be made with a Forma or Forma-like tech anyways, since, hey, it seems like everything Orokin was made with Forma. So having a way, even a semi-expensive one, to transmute Forma into Orokin Catalysts or Reactors would be great! Maybe make it a sort of blueprint, single-use, that can be gotten fairly often, not as often as Forma but not nearly as rare as Catalysts or Reactors, and only mildly expensive to craft. Make it a slightly easier, more reliable way to get those potatos without making it trivial to craft them.

On the topic of Droptables, however, I've been thinking that, well, it's no long useful to go past the first set of rotations. Hit RotC, Get out, retry. Faster, easier, and with the same chance of getting the same part. Wouldn't it make more sense to get a better chance of getting rarer items, the longer you go? Maybe increase the drop chance of rare items by a margin every time you go over their Rotation, so that if you get to 40, or even 60, you'll have a much better chance of getting that part you want. Not only will there be more keys to go around, people will feel less cheated about getting a Forma at wave 40.

Edited by KaraOgata

1. Weapon Swap should be instant. The moment I press the switch button I'm in a situation where I should be shooting IMMEDIATELY. I don't have time for my frame to write a goddamn haiku before they change weapons. This is pronounced especially when I light melee and have to wait for my frame to put their stuff back. Instant weapon switching. Screw the animations looking jumbly.

2. No more rapid fire for Bombard please. They remind me of Geth Rocket Troopers and geez were those guys a can of BS.

3. Would give me an instant way to use my Forma BPs. But the price needs to be somewhere about 30 or more ducats per forma. Otherwise I won't sell em.

4. A BP that makes 10 of the highest resources from common stuff. Less resource grind and less Nano Spores being snorted.

I'll just throw in my two cents on two of these subjects, weapon swapping and Bombards.

I dont think weapon swaps should be instant, but they shouldn't take a year like swapping does now. What I'd like to see added to the game someday is a "weight or encumbrance" stat added to weapons to determine its swap speed. Lato are lightweight so their swap speed should be nearly instant, While a Lex should be somewhat heavier but still swap faster than something like a MK-1 Braton and A MK-1 Braton would certainly swap out faster than a Latron, and a Latron would swap faster than a Vectis. You could then bring the mod system into play for players to be able to lower or raise these values and add-trade offs with some corrupted mods. Like adding a reinforced barrel to add more damage but increase the weight of the weapon or reducing the weight of the weapon and increasing its swap speed, but giving a increase in recoil as a result.

Bombards have several issues that seems harmless and slightly annoying at low-level play, and downright aggravating at high level play. The explosion radius of the rockets are completely disconnected with the visual effect leading players to get hit even when they think they've gotten the upper hand and led the rocket into hitting an object instead of themselves. Make the visuals match the explosions so players can use their visual intuition to avoid damage. The rocket smoke trails will disappear at random on rare occasion and makes it almost impossible to avoid the rocket in a hectic situation. The rocket's homing function is borderline insane and it can follow players perfectly. It can chase players down narrow hallways, make sharp turns, even follow players down elevator shafts, just don't let the projectiles turn as sharply or at least have them lose steam and degrade in performance over time. The fire rate is too high as it leads to players getting chain stunned and knocked down again before they can even get up, even if the rocket never hit you, just a thing ten feet behind you. This enemy is powerful at range, and STILL powerful at close range. Why is this? No other normal enemy or heavy as far as I know, works this way. The Napalm is for all intents and purposes, a Bombard that shoots fire, but the attack is slow and highly visible and far more avoidable, and is not an enemy you want to engage up close because of his weapons strengths, while the bombard doesn't care what distance you are at and fires rockets all day without any reduction in its abilities. All of these things don't have to be done, just any one of these would go a long way.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7

I think weapon swapping should depend on what your swapping to. So for instance your swapping to a bow it should be very fast since it's a stealth weapon that can't kill quickly anyway(unless you're op) Rifles are good at the current speed shotguns cant mirror that speed as well. Or looked at a different way, like in most games switching to your secondary/sidearm weapon should be the fastest thing to do in the game. I think the same should be applied to melee weapons as well. Switching to claws/fists should be the fastest in this sense since they're on your hand already. Switching to a heavy blade should take the longest.

Weapon Swap Speed: Yes. For the love of god buff it. Weapon swap speed is too slow to make any use of two weapons. There is essentially no reason to have a primary and secondary weapon, aside from if one of them is an ammo hog, or having a secondary for when you get downed. The swap speed is slow enough that most weapons can reload before you could swap, making secondaries useless for an "oh-S#&$-i-need-to-kill-this-guy-but-have-a-three-second-reload" moment, and it's such a flow-breaker to switch weapons that it's unfun to try and use differing weapons for range control (ie one weapon for long range, swap to the other when they get close); it's slow enough you're better off just using melee or using a long-range weapon at close range rather than switching.

Bombard missiles need to lose the ridiculous homing, or have much poorer turn radii and explode on terrain contact so that you can actually dodge them or take cover. As it is, everyone has had that one rocket that you dodge and it basically comes back and hits you anyway. Blast procs are very punishing as well, which is bad for being random. In moderate content you can be fine to face-tank a rocket, but then one randomly knocks you on your &#!. Maybe make them only KD on a direct hit (but always KD on a direct hit), then make them easier to dodge or otherwise outplay.

Forma: No. The 'wrong' prime part can still be the 'right' prime part for someone else. Just 'cause we want the Soma reciever from a T2S doesn't mean that ankyros or burston parts are always bad; I might be slowly building up the parts for them as a side job. Forma, as well as orokin cells and other "no one is looking for this" filler are unacceptable as rewards for Rotation C. Leave 'em in A and B only. And preferably remove them, and key drops, from the prize list for non-endless missions. Running a T1C and getting a T2C is a crap reward, because T2C doesn't have the parts I was running the T1C for. Giving a key or forma or cells as an additional reward would be okay, though.

Transmuting: What if we could turn two of one prime part into one random prime part for the same weapon? Say I have a dozen soma barrels but can't find the receiver; I can turn two barrels into a randomly determined non-barrel part; the some  stock or receiver (possibly the BP as well). Alternatively or in addition, let us transmute a selection of parts into a similar part for a different weapon, similar to how mods work; combine a burston and boltor stock to get a random weapon stock.

I think swapping from a primary to a secondary should be more fluid.

I've often though how awesome it would be if you could find a way to immediately pull out your pistol to start firing with it as you were iron sighting your current primary. Or instead of having to sheath the primary, have it where their hand holding the weapon is still grasping it while the one holding the trigger quickly reaches for the weapon.

Imagine if you were sighted in down a hallway, walking down as you were spooling up a Gorgon then suddenly a prova crewman barrels in from your narrow peripheral and you were able to press a button to release your trigger finger, yank out your pistol to blast him away (kind of like an execution command) and immediately sheath it all without looking away from your targets down range.

Impractical? Maybe. 

Badass? Yes and please.

Weapon swap speed should definitely be increase but I would base how fast a weapons swaps (this includes melee) on the type of weapon it is.

For instance swapping from a gorgon to a vasto should be reasonably fast, while swapping back could be a bit slower.

A better example might be made between melee weapons: swapping to a scindo could be slower then swapping to a pair of daggers etc.

Something along those lines, although I'd be happy with even just a straight buff to swap speed across th board.

On the topic of bombards: YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I've been advocating for a change to bombards for almost as long as I've been playing WF.

Honestly the 360 degree homing on their rockets is painfully immersion breaking and unnecessary.

It doesn't serve any purpose and is very easy to counter. Players can just roll into the rockets, making their damage next to nothing and making the knockdown a non-issue.

I'd much rather see bombards get faster rockets, with slight homing (just to prevent simply side stepping), a slower fire rate, and maybe a larger blast radius.

That would mean rolling would take better timing to pull off if you can't straight up avoid them.

Plus I'd personally feel less silly fighting them as I watch rockets pull 180's everywhere.

Make bombards a real threat, but not the joke they are now. At the moment they go from  pointless to potentially deadly when more then 2 show up, as their combine fire rate suddenly makes dodging next to impossible.

Please for the love of all that is holy rework regular bombards. Then maybe I'll consider my stance on adding variants of them.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Weapon Swap Speed:
While it is a bit slow, I'd prefer to see a system that is varied rather than just static. In that the size of the weapons your swapping between play a big part in the speed of weapon swapping. For example swapping an Ogris to a Galantine should take a lot longer than swapping from a Lex to Ether Blades.

The biggest issue currently however with weapon swap is it seems to require an acknowledgement from the host before you will switch weapons. Thus you hit the swap weapon key/button, send the info to host, receive info that host knows and only then will you change weapons. With any amount of lag this can make for a very long wait time on the button response and looks very clunky and often leads to multiple 'swaps'.
It also isn't really needed, the player should swap weapons when they hit the key/button, and then notify the host/other clients as for the most part the other players wont notice a delay in your weapons changing, while the player themselves gets an instant response from their key presses.

Bombards:
They don't really need a Nerf, just a good look at.

The biggest issue with bombards is how explosions work and not really the bombards themselves. If you are stationary and an explosion hits in front of you you get thrown forward. This just looks really bad, unpolished or even amateurish. Everyone understands an explosion should push you away from the impact point.
The second issue (not really a bombard issue either) is the explosions going through hard cover (like walls, closed doors, snow globe) this just feels wrong, almost worse than the being thrown forward. Soft cover (like small crates, rails and electric shield) can get away with it in some cases (like rails) but needs to be more intelligent in the damage dispersion within the soft cover's blocked cone (even if it does have some spill back/reflection).

The issue with the bombard themselves is they have no real weakness (they are tough, 'deadly' at long and close range and have huge health and armour).
They feel like an enemy that if you get close should lose a lot of their power (being more a ranged power unit), however even in their face they still shoot rockets (and take no damage themselves), and have the AoE slam making them almost more powerful at close range than at long.
The rockets themselves almost feel too maneuverable though this may not be that much of an issue once the explosion effects are fixed to behave better with cover. The firing speed may also find it is not so bad with the explosions being fixed.

Forma Blueprints:
Selling forma blueprints for ducats wont change anything, as that isn't the issue at all.
The issue is that you can get the blue prints in all void tiers, which means you can get 4 blueprints on a rotation cycle, and while one blueprint is arguably not a good reward for the C rotation on higher tiers getting more than one in any cycle defiantly isn't. Being able to sell the blueprints wont change that factor unless they sell for about 30-50 ducats (an unlikely occurrence).

For tier 1 or 2 rewards the forma blueprints are actually a reward. They are a borderline reward on rotation A for tiers 3 and 4 (because you need to spend resources on them to use them), in that it is OK, but neither a reward nor trivial and not really a reward on rotations B and C. The built forma however are a good reward for both A and B rotations at tier 3 and 4, while being a borderline reward for rotation C at tier 3 and not at tier 4 (this is after all the peak point of the game before trials).

The biggest issue though overall for the void drop tables isn't so much just about forma blueprints so much as repetition on parts you only need one of within the same loot cycle or even the mission. The forma blueprints just hit home on this due to being able to show up at all rotations.

Forma blueprints also have the factor that unlike other builds the 24hrs means you cant start a new one when you return to play each day if you start the build later in your usual play time. A 20hr build time would make it much easier on players and keep the essential one per day factor. Ultimately an ability to queue foundry builds would be much more useful, so as soon as one forma is finished it starts building the next without player input for as many as the player queues (even if it is caped at only queuing 5 of any item).

Resource Blueprints:
I'd like to see more that are actually accessible (plat or nightmare trials isn't really accessible). Lets face it no one should be buying resources from the market as that is a huge part of playing the game. While building/converting resources can add a lot of depth and intricacies to the forging system (if done well) and even possibly add reuse-ability to clan research systems (that currently is buy each thing just once).

Even to the controversial point of the primary access of rare resources being through construction rather than farming.

As to making Orokin reactors/catalysts; I feel this would devalue their importance within the game and make them seem a trivial "always use" item. They offer one of the best value for plat in the game second only to slots, and make for nice gifts (via plat or lotus) or rewards from alerts/invasions. Currently with considered use, players should have enough even without purchasing them.

Edited by Loswaith

the probem i find with Bombards(and heavy gunners for that matter) is the speed at which they can fire again after using the shockwave. i can't even count how many times i've been killed just from them shooting me right when i hit the ground, and i couldn't do anything about it.

I know this topic dont talk about those changes but I think ash/ashprime, kronen and simulor should be removed from conclave, the make this too unfair, they are too powerful and the conclave was suppose to be more ''equal'' but those weapons break all this equality

What is your opinion of the current weapon swap speed?

I think it needs to be a bit faster. Going from weapon to weapon in high level content means you pretty much have to take cover anytime your doing it because it renders you almost defensless during the swap. Speeding it up by 25-50% would make it more usable

Do you think Bombards need an update?

Not really. They seem fine to me. Though if I had one piece of feedback about them it would be remove their ability to knock you down over and over again. I can remember a few times where constant knockdowns lead to a death and thats always furstrating

Would you be happy with Forma Blueprint drops if they could be sold for Ducats?

Happy? No. Would I find it acceptable, probably. What would make me happy is not having to wait 40 waves/minutes to get to the good stuff anymore. I know DE_Sheldon made the comment of us having to try after that because of scaling difficulty but I still want to know why it should take so long to get to the point where we do have to try for good rewards

As for forma and ducats. Make it 10 ducats per sale and I would find that acceptable. However if we must be forced to run these "easy" waves then I would prefer to see some new rewards to take the place of the other stuff. Keys are and have always been a bad reward, orokin cells are even worse, why not add in some ducat lockboxes containing a small number of ducats? That would cut down on our need to farm void stuff

Would you like more blueprints to build resources/consumables in the foundry?

I want to say yes but I also want more details before I commit to that answer so maybe its more of a maybe.

Edited by kuri99

Switch form Primäry to Secondary very fast ( double speed as now )

Switch form Blade or Sencondary to Main slower, maybe 1,5 as it is now.

Switch to Melee on a should be redone.

Button 7 switch to Primäry

Button 8 switch to Secondary

Button 9 switch to Melee

Weapon Switch Button   Primäry -> Secondary -> Melee -> Primary

And for PC all all buttons switchable.

double press of button jumbs 2 wepons. Primary -> Melee -> Pistol -> Primäry

and with a reduced time adating to animation and registration for switching.

Weapon Swap Speed: Currently, it's slow to the point of feeling unresponsive. Switching between all weapons should be substantially faster.

Bombards: Their homing rockets are the biggest issue for me. They need to be more visible for starters. It blends into the environment/other enemies too well for such a threatening attack. And there needs to be a way for the player to break the homing lock. An evade move or bullet jump should break the rocket's lock. This would make engaging Bombards at range more fair, and give melee a way to more easily close distance without being solely dependant on block.

Forma BP for ducats: I think being able to sell Forma BP for ducats would be nice, but it wouldn't really solve the problem for me because I have no wish to sell forma BP, especially now that Warframes are getting that utility mod slot (which increases the need for forma further). I would still like to see Forma BP's as void rewards, but I think they need to be restricted to Rotation A, or they should drop as a bonus which would be awarded alongside other items. It is so incredibly frustrating to spend 20, 40, or 60 minutes of my life in a mission and see such a relatively common resource drop instead of whatever prime parts I might be hunting for. I do understand the need for a grind, but things like that are unnecessary and just make the time I'm investing in the game feel pointless.

Foundry Resources: I don't have a broad opinion on this subject, but I do really like the idea of building formas into potatoes.

Hi! Parkour really well. But it would be better left running in stenama. what replaced it prodlzhitelnye jump forward or upward. I think it does not correspond to the style igry.vyglyadit ridiculous and absurd. I'm talking about the ones that replaced the jumping run, but everything else was good. I apologize if my words do not like you! But I say the view is better than to remain silent at all because you gave us the opportunity to you to throw up ideas. These long jumping forward and up the walls as if the weapon housing shoot bullets instead of lasers.

Edited by Deadpool_95

I think weapon draw speed should be a weapon specific stat and in general most secondaries should be very quick to switch to and most primaries should be around the current speed.  Melee would be around as quick to switch to as secondaries.

"Bombard Tracking"

Needs to go and it's ridiculous

The missiles need to be nerves. To where cover can actually cover you against the missiles

As well when you get surrounded by a bunch of bombards they should take a portion of the damage they deal to you because they are literally having an explosion is their own face and being perfectly fine.

Thought I should elaborate on my votes:

a)      Its fine the way it is – I cannot find an issue with the swapping at the moment. This might just be me as I tend to get used to taking cover whilst doing this or swapping on the go. I think it is fine currently but I think most people might want it to be faster imo.

b)      Maybe – bombards I feel do not need a rework. Their weapon needs a rework as our orgis do not “home” onto targets so why should theirs be able to twist and turn magically?

c)       Depends – it depends on what DE is going to do with the Forma issue. If forma is going to be sold for 10 ducats and the drop rate is untouched, then yes. Any other options, no

d)      Depends – seeing how orokin cells, neurodes and neural sensors can be build but for ridiculous amount of resources, I am not too keep on this so it depends on the cost for building the resource as well as the cost of the blueprint. 

Weapon Swap Speed

Increase it. In pretty much every game we're told in the tutorial that switching weapons is faster than reloading. This is often not the case in WF. It is true that our secondaries are often near in power to primaries but still. It's a quality of life change that doesn't hurt anyone and would make the idea of an aoe status secondary to weaken enemies with primary to finish them viable.

Bombards

I'd say just give more warning that you've been targeted. I don't really have any problems dodging or rolling through rocket blasts but sometimes you don't even know one's coming for you or the rocket is yellow from a corrupted bombard and is in a yellow nullifier bubble.

Apart from that their fire rate is absurd. If we can only shoot one ogris rocket every second why can they shoot 2/3?

Forma

No. Just No. The reason people are always angry about forma drops are that so often you do long missions only to get forma at rotation C. Let me try to get across the feeling to you.

- You get together with 3 other friends

- You decide to go for a long T4 Survival

- You mod up your specific team comp and go to work

- 20 mins in you get forma (okay minor grumbling let's go to 40)

- 40 mins in you get the wrong BP (game faces lads we're going to 60)

- 60 minutes in you get...forma again (this is when the expeletives start flowing liberally)

I mean it's just a game design thing. If someone decides to spend a whole hour of their time playing your game and supporting it as they like it; keep in mind they could be doing a multitude of other things like playing another game, going to the park, watching a movie or say rock climbing; don't make that hour of their time have counted for nothing. If you're in that scenario (and I have been many times) you feel really annoyed and shortchanged. You've just spent ages trying to achieve something, actually had to watch out due to decent enemy levels, say been intensely concentrating on keeping your team alive and full on energy as Trin and now for your hour of commitment you've recieved a slap in the face. Another forma, you have 50-100 forma BPs by now.

Resource BPs

Not really. I have 2 of them already and I've never used one. They just aren't worth it. You put in so much and wait so long to get say an Orokin cell that you could just go and do a few boss runs for which would be 15 mins max.