The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons For Rank 1?

TheRockKid6

Grakata is a good starter soma, idk if hek is available out of the gate but if it is get it, dual ethers for swords, and pistols idek.

Hek is one of the best shottys in the game IMO, besides the obvious phage

Grakata is one of my favorites, and is great for beginners that only run quick nodes (i.e. ext, cap, etc..)

Dual Ethers, are bad*ss, armor ignoring, fast, all around great weapons

Even the braton or burston is good. Anything is really good if you know how to mod it correctly.

Strun is your biggest bang for buck at that level.  For melee, all the swords are ok (nothing special but quite useable).  Secondary, the Lato Prime is ok, but you won't likely be able to get that, Sicarus is ok, if you like burst weapons.

At your rank there really is no best weapon, most of them are at pretty much on the same level. If you want a easy to acquire weapon, Latron is a decent start. You really shouldn't have to worry about min maxing until maybe MR 4-5

Grakata is a good starter soma, idk if hek is available out of the gate but if it is get it, dual ethers for swords, and pistols idek.

Hek is one of the best shottys in the game IMO, besides the obvious phage

Grakata is one of my favorites, and is great for beginners that only run quick nodes (i.e. ext, cap, etc..)

Dual Ethers, are bad*ss, armor ignoring, fast, all around great weapons

Even the braton or burston is good. Anything is really good if you know how to mod it correctly.

Have you not played Warframe in over a year? There's no such thing as 'armor ignoring'. Beyond that, the Dual Ether aren't even a puncture weapon.

Have you not played Warframe in over a year? There's no such thing as 'armor ignoring'. Beyond that, the Dual Ether aren't even a puncture weapon.

Why'd they remove armor ignore in the first place? Ether Weapons aren't really good right now for weapons use to cut anything. Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Braton, Lato, Skana

Boltor at Rank 2 is worth the wait.

First things I got were Boltor, Akbolto and Dual Kama, whatever MR those are (at least 2) was my choice. MR 8 get the Soma.

*MR 6 get the Soma, Related to topic: I'd suggest you use whatever seems fun until you're at a decent rank. Maybe 4 or 3 or even 5, 

He is rank 1 fellas... He probably lacking the resources to build some of the stuff you guys suggesting.

Dude I suggest buying the Mk 1 Kunai if you haven't got it yet.

It is quite strong and only cost you a  rather paltry 15k credits compared to buying blueprints and resources.

If you are still hoarding resources, Mk 1 weapons provide variety and not too shabby at your level.

Edited by fatpig84

I wouldn't recommend a shotgun. At Rank 1, your mods are going to be low level, so you're going to get obliterated by Slash procs.

Stay as far away from the enemies as possible. Replace your starter primary with a Braton, and when you hit Rank 2, hit up the boss in Venus to get the parts to build Rhino.

When you've got some Redirection/Vitality levels under your belt, look at going back to any of the MK1 weapons you didn't level.

Braton and Burston are ok, but got ammo issues when you start without maxed damage mods. Latron is very good, since it is very ammo efficent and can be used to build a Tiberon a bit later, what is also a very good weapon for newer players since it is puncture based with a good IPS split and deals quite a massive 180 damage per triggerpull before any mods what makes it quite effective even without maxed and less then 8 mods on the starmap.

Bolto and Akbolto are probably the best secondary weapons without MR lock, they are fairly ammo efficent by her high base damage and since they deal puncture they perform very good in the void/grenier missions even without a lot of damage mods on them.

Edited by Djego27