The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Changyou Warframe Image Megathread]

Jamescell

To all the people who are saying that chinese version of warframe can have anything because it is a different game entirely and is being developed by other devs-

Then,why is the china game called Warframe? Because if its a different game,it should have different name,right?

Why does 90% of that game look like Warframe if that is supposed to be a different game?

People are saying its not in DE's hand,but is DE not getting shares for selling that Excal Prime MK2? If DE is getting profits from it,then, they would have the right to not release it.

Concluding note- I don't care if Excal Prime Mk2 is released. I have nothing to lose. I am not a founder. But the above questions are a few points to ponder over. Last but not the least, I feel sorry for the Founders. The ones who helped warframe to be what it is today are getting trolled due to the release of this Excal Prime Mk2. Chinese Warframe would not exist if Warframe wasn't such a famous game and some of that credit goes to our original founders.

I tried to quote this from other thread, but I couldn't since it was locked.

About Tera and Tera(KR), did they re-release any item strictly labeled as 'Exclusive' after the time to buy that item ended?

I think not, though I am not sure since I don't play Tera.

Edited by NN13

To all the people who are saying that chinese version of warframe can have anything because it is a different game entirely and is being developed by other devs-

Then,why is the china game called Warframe? Because if its a different game,it should have different name,right?

Why does 90% of that game look like Warframe if that is supposed to be a different game?

People are saying its not in DE's hand,but is DE not getting shares for selling that Excal Prime MK2? If DE is getting profits from it,then, they would have the right to not release it.

Concluding note- I don't care if Excal Prime Mk2 is released. I have nothing to lose. I am not a founder. But the above questions are a few points to ponder over. Last but not the least, I feel sorry for the Founders. The ones who helped warframe to be what it is today are getting trolled due to the release of this Excal Prime Mk2. Chinese Warframe would not exist if Warframe wasn't such a famous game and some of that credit goes to our original founders.

About Tera and Tera(KR), did they re-release any item strictly labeled as 'Exclusive' after the time to buy that item ended?

Can we hold our horses until official info comes? Shouldn't be too hard, right?

I wonder how different Chinaframe is... I can imagine buffing Trinity ever week...

Darkcalibur having noticeable stats over Excalibur...

Poor Naked Oberon...

Mesa needs buff threads every day...

Ember being a good frame...It is a different Excalibur. They most likely could get ours whenever they want. They probably just didn't like his design.

Besides not everyone had access to Excalibur prime (ie:consoles, newer players) because of a promise made before they decided to make more primes.

It's a loophole which is great!

It's not Excalibur prime it is the Chinese vision of Excalibur prime and we want to celebrate their release.

Well Chinaframe players probably spend more time playing/farming instead of trying to figure out what new nerf to suggest in the forums for the betterment of the species and all. XD

Well, if we really want to split hairs, it translates into something like "Stellar Carapace" or "Carapace of the Stars" instead of Warframe due to "Warframe" being translated twice back into English. Don't hold me to that though, as I can barely read the Chinese from the mainland...looks odd from the Chinese I grew up with in Taiwan, or it might just be the font.

Edited by SagamiYusuke

Because DE is the publisher of the International version, and the version of Warframe on consoles is the International version, and that DE doesn't really control the style or manner in which the Chinese version of Warframe is published?

Also, there are no indications that the original Excalibur Prime is even going to be released in the Chinese version of Warframe. Meaning that good old Excal Prime may in fact be an exclusive frame to the founders of the International version.

Let's wait for an official word before we jump to conclusions.

I'm of the mind that if it's a different frame, it's a nonissue.

It's not a different frame.

It's excalibur prime with a new texture through and through. Unless they completely change his move sets and rename him then I'll be convinced.

As it stands currently, the orginal founders are being shafted with the short end of the stick by some clever placement of the word 'dark' in front of excalibur prime.

It's a blatant cop out. No one likes being lied to and outmanoeuvred with sneaky legal technicalities.

Some might be tolerant or even not bother about this. But it's crap and shoddy market practice which should not be condoned in any way.

It lessens the heck out of DE's credibility.

Because it is not an entirely different game and why DESteve and such are credited on the Chinese site: It is Warframe. But just because it is Warframe does not mean that is it being lead by DE.

Also this has literally zero to do with the original founders. They got their items and they're still exclusive. This new package is the Chinese founder package: Exclusives for the Chinese founders.

Instead of founders freaking out over this they should instead be pushing for updates to the older primes.

Sorry I was going to go to sleep but then I saw the post. To all the people wondering if the Chinese players already got these items. The date on the Chinese game website is for August 7th. So the "Founders Pack" will go live from 7/20 through 8/6 over there from what I understand and the game will go live on August 7th. If this is incorrect or someone has a way better grasp of the language than I do (I only have 2 semesters of basic Mandarin from College) please feel free to correct or update what I just posted.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Because it is not an entirely different game and why DESteve and such are credited on the Chinese site: It is Warframe. But just because it is Warframe does not mean that is it being lead by DE.

Also this has literally zero to do with the original founders. They got their items and they're still exclusive. This new package is the Chinese founder package: Exclusives for the Chinese founders.

Instead of founders freaking out over this they should instead be pushing for updates to the older primes.

We should be getting that updated Excalibur Prime, and the other Primes should be released to everyone as per usual, I think that's what people are worried about, that we won't get any of that, not the items, not the cosmetic, nothing, and that it'll be just a big middle finger to not just Founders, but to everyone.

It's not a different frame.

It's excalibur prime with a new texture through and through. Unless they completely change his move sets and rename him then I'll be convinced.

As it stands currently, the orginal founders are being shafted with the short end of the stick by some clever placement of the word 'dark' in front of excalibur prime.

It's a blatant cop out. No one likes being lied to and outmanoeuvred with sneaky legal technicalities.

Some might be tolerant or even not bother about this. But it's crap and shoddy market practice which should not be condoned in any way.

It lessens the heck out of DE's credibility.

They did what DE did with regulars to primes, they just did that to the one with legal issues so it is a different. Your basically saying primes and regular frames are the same. Also we don't know his stats or any additional bonuses he has for all we know he is the fastest in the game. Founders paid for and obtained a frame no one else got.

And it's not like they came up with Darkcalibur, they could just put him in ours. If DE came up with the design and planned to transfer Darkcalibur it might have seemed fishy. I am happy either way. And it wouldn't matter anyway they own Excalibur prime.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Can we hold our horses until official info comes? Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Yes we can, infact, as I said, I don't care if DERebecca says its an Excal Prime. I just want the weapons to be not exclusive, thats all.

I just wanted people to understand that Warframe China is not 'entirely' a different game, it is still owned by DE and I think DE has enough rights to stop Excal Prime from being released again.

Well, if we really want to split hairs, it translates into something like "Stellar Carapace" or "Carapace of the Stars" instead of Warframe due to "Warframe" being translated twice back into English. Don't hold me to that though, as I can barely read the Chinese from the mainland...looks odd from the Chinese I grew up with in Taiwan, or it might just be the font.

I am not so sure, because the China WF laumcher clearly says Warframe on it.

Then, DE should have re-modeled some other prime and released it for their Founders pack, just as they did with Nikana and Kunai(I think, is that even a kunai?).

DE shouldn't have touched Excalibur Prime knowing that it may piss off a lot of founders.

And if what you say is true, then I will be waiting for 'our' version of Nikana Prime and Kunai Prime.

We should be getting that updated Excalibur Prime, and the other Primes should be released to everyone as per usual, I think that's what people are worried about, that we won't get any of that, not the items, not the cosmetic, nothing, and that it'll be just a big middle finger to not just Founders, but to everyone.

This can't be explained better. It is screwing the entire non Chinese Warframe players. 

Yes we can, infact, as I said, I don't care if DERebecca says its an Excal Prime. I just want the weapons to be not exclusive, thats all.

I just wanted people to understand that Warframe China is not 'entirely' a different game, it is still owned by DE and I think DE has enough rights to stop Excal Prime from being released again.

I don't see why should they interfere. I think the best solution is damage control here. As in making it a frame or skin here so people don't complain (frame if better stats, skin if it's cosmetic). It benefits everyone.

I am not so sure, because the China WF laumcher clearly says Warframe on it.

Then, DE should have re-modeled some other prime and released it for their Founders pack, just as they did with Nikana and Kunai(I think, is that even a kunai?).

DE shouldn't have touched Excalibur Prime knowing that it may piss off a lot of founders.

And if what you say is true, then I will be waiting for 'our' version of Nikana Prime and Kunai Prime.

*Well* Someone did say they found "DarkExcalibur" in our gamefiles. It's on reddit let me pull it up here: Okay well there is A LOT more in this table. Holy S#&$ you got to see this I don't even know if this is Chinese Warframe or regular warframe now https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X_a2vkb7rT70Xta00yQwDakO7PAUQvYrttcWUOqKRs4/htmlview?pli=1#

This is how things are with Chinese (and korean) releases of games. We're not guarenteed to get any of it. Also if you actually take a good look at any of it and compaire it to out current prime items you'll see that it's all of different designs. Honestly I would hope that DE never gives us any of this and instead make new models for a Kunai/Nikana Prime (when and if we get then).

It is a Kunai(or maybe some kind of golden unicorn horn( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). We don't even know if anyone in DE actually made these. Chances are that with the agreements to get Warframe into China that the publishers were given rights to produce their own content for the game with the same dev tools DE uses.

And as I said to the other quote: I hope we do get out own models for them if and when we get them.

To be honest I just want to hear what DE will say about it its not that I blame anyone for this situation. To be honest I kind of feel excited about the future imagine if the chinese and the world servers can see eachother in the future it will be like a universe crossover like in the movies some will have one content others will have other content maybe their story will be different from ours and things will be interesting if at some event we join forces. :)