The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Changyou Warframe Image Megathread]

Jamescell

Not if they are anything like OUR Excalibur's Prime's you don't.

There is a REASON I rarely use him at all.

He get's three percent more protection every little bit helps...

Jk, but I'm hoping for power creeped stats for that dark title. Since I doubt they'll have a dark version of something and not the regular. Plus more salt for my popcorn till we get word about him being available to us. Otherwise I'll need more popcorn.

Lol, what I really find funny about this whole debacle is that all this could have been avoided if they gave the chinese excal p a different name. Something that wasn't whatever it is he's called in that version. People would still be green with envy but the salt levels and blood pressure wouldn't be as high.

Dark Excalibur Prime Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

I seem to remember reading a comment from a dev somewhere that said the chinese 'exclusives' are only temporary and that we will be seeing the skins and items at some point after that period ends.

I read the same they will be globally avalible once exclusive period ends.

The S#&$storm that China started has put a definite hamper of any hype, and I bet this issue will haunt DE for quite some time, even though they may or may not have had anything to do with it.  I mean, how long have people been begging for Excal P to return?  Then China gets it (or Dark Excal or whatever they call him).  Ouch.

Not that I'm complaining, though.  The less hype, the better.

Hype for U17! Big Brother doesn't watch you he makes you watch him all the time.

Lol, what I really find funny about this whole debacle is that all this could have been avoided if they gave the chinese excal p a different name. Something that wasn't whatever it is he's called in that version. People would still  be green with envy but the salt levels and blood pressure wouldn't be as high.

I don't buy that. People in here seem to be upset he exists in any form at all. I'd hate to see how they react when they found out there's a new model this year of the car they bought a few years ago.

Best thing IMO would be it turns out to be the upgraded model for the current Excal Prime. Only founders will get it, whatever, personally I'm fine with that. Should this turn out to be a skin for any and every Excalibur I'll make sure to sacrifice a goat or some S#&$ to get it immediately.

However, my main gripe is that super-sophisticated-scarf (say that 3 times in a row). I need it badly!

*eating the donut* thats true, is so tasty. And salty. I can taste the saltiness.

Almost as good as my sea-salt ice cream.

I swore to myself to never covet excalibur prime

BUT COME ON THIS ONE LOOKS SO COOL + THE SCARF +GIGA DRILL BREAKER KUNAI PRIME+ NIKANA PRIME.

I see what you did there.

we all pay your "privilege to play for free" as many more people other than founders invest money in this game. Its not founders that maintain warframe alive ya know.

Yeah, wrote it in the moment and posted it without rechecking. For most f2p you could hardly call playing for free a "privilege". What I tried to say was something like "Oh wow, that guy... he has... hes a founder, I am basically standing on his soil, look at him shine!" You know, since they helped to fund and pay for art, coding, servers etc. ah well I can't really express it how I would like. 

EDIT: not to confuse again - You know, since they helped to fund and pay for art, coding, servers etc. back in closed beta and helped to kickstart the game and let it reach the point were all of us are trusting DE enough to spend money on plat.

Edited by krish698

I for one did not become a Founder or a Grandmaster for the items. Frankly, they suck compared to a LOT of stuff and not JUST the newer things. I did it to support a game I believed in. A game that I STILL believe in.

I do not know how the Chinese version will be financed. I DO know that it will be different. Rebecca is going to try to get us more information.

Frankly? I do NOT like the look of that 'Dark' Excalibur or whatever the hell it is. I would never use it in game beyond mastering it. The sword and throwing knives? Probably. But to me it not worth getting bent out of shape when we have NO legitimate information on what is actually happening.

All we have now is speculation.

Edited by Kalenath

For those whining about nikana prime, new kunai and a scarf......those things will come eventually, however dark excalibur prime will not.

Why ?

This is because nikana prime, kunai and a scarf don't have duplicates/equivalents in our version, but dark excalibur prime is our excalibur prime. Having 2 excalibur prime versions in 1 version of the game negates the whole point of buying founders, this will not end well.

DE just created those assets(nikana p, kunai and a scarf) and Chinese warframe decided to use it with their alpha launch bundle. I repeat, DE already created these items to be in our game, those things will come when DE decides it's time to release them in their version of warframe.

changyou is just a distributor, DE is still the developer, they made the meshes and models and all that stuff. Changyou translates the game and distributes it and take care of the pay system from china, thats all. 

Basically playing the same role as Steam but in this case a China Steam :)

Bah... primed Nikana I can deal with... even the scarf. But ANIME LOTUS? You better bring that over here DE!

Also, the little devil horns on Excal make him look cute more than anything else. If it was supposed to be edgy it really failed imho xD  Excal with widdle devil horns and a goatee... awwww.

Edited by LocoWithGun

For those whining about nikana prime, new kunai and a scarf......those things will come eventually, however dark excalibur prime will not.

Why ?

This is because nikana prime, kunai and a scarf don't have duplicates/equivalents in our version, but dark excalibur prime is our excalibur prime. Having 2 excalibur prime versions in 1 version of the game negates the whole point of buying founders, this will not end well.

DE just created those assets(nikana p, kunai and a scarf) and Chinese warframe decided to use it with their alpha launch bundle. I repeat, DE already created these items to be in our game, those things will come when DE decides it's time to release them in their version of warframe.

While some of us patiently hope for a long overdue visual update of Excalibur Prime. Same for Frost Prime.

Tbh i dont give 2 S#&$s about chinesse getting founder pack, fine, great for them.

Im not ok though with devs working on their region specific gear because that means they are slowing down game development to favor 1 region.

Im not ok with chinesse founder pack being discounted since none of PA or founder packs were ever discounted, again favoring 1 region

Im also not ok with de refusing to rerelease founder pack on consoles while doing it for chinesse version because thats again favoring 1 region.

Edited by Davoodoo

Why ?

For all we know they could have totally different stats. And if stats don't matter than we have duplicates of most of our warframes. Besides what's the point of having a dark version without the regular version?

We should just wait till the lotus gives us some info. Before saying stuff in seriousness no matter how much we hope (me I need an even edgier Excalibur proto skin won't cut it forever) or disprove of it.

And the founders want a better looking Excalibur prime anyway. Most of the other want a chance so different versions. Not like it wouldn't make sense for two different versions of a prime and they look completely different. (One an outdated orokin prime another a slightly more modern Tenno made prime)

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Tbh i dont give 2 S#&$s about chinesse getting founder pack, fine, great for them.

Im not ok though with devs working on their region specific gear because that means they are slowing down game development to favor 1 region.

Im not ok with chinesse founder pack being discounted since none of PA or founder packs were ever discounted, again favoring 1 region

Im also not ok with de refusing to rerelease founder pack on consoles while doing it for chinesse version because thats again favoring 1 region.

And you know it is slowing things down... how?

They're not, they have Chinese publishers releasing the content. We don't know if it is region specific or made by DE.

They are discounted because they are paid less there. They're pretty much paying the same thing because of their economy.

Pretty much blame the Chinese publishers. And government for seperating everything in the first place.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

I don't believe they are exactly working together but it'd be cool if they actually did and it was released to all regions/platforms... Imagine all the content and how speedy it would be.

Edited by Naith

I don't believe they are exactly working together but it'd be cool if they actually did and it was released to all regions/platforms... Imagine all the content and how speedy it would be.

IF it could work that way, it would be very cool. But I don't see that happening. Too many laws and bureaucrats (in EVERY country involved) in the way.

As for prices? Do not assume that OUR prices mean ANYTHING there. First time I went to Canada I nearly freaked the first time I had to fill my gas tank. $3 per LITER. That is @ $12 per GALLON for people who do not want to do the math. Different countries? Different rules. That is part of the definition of the word 'border'.

Edited by Kalenath

While some of us patiently hope for a long overdue visual update of Excalibur Prime. Same for Frost Prime.

DE can't do any drastic visual changes to excal prime other than PBR it. The model will never ever change, however engine upgrades and stuff can make everything look better.

You have contradicted yourself there...

It's not favoring 1 region, DE has created the content(which we will get) for us and Chinese warfame, the only difference is that China decided to use that content NOW, whereas DE decided to save it for later. This has nothing to do with favouritism or "region" exclusivity.

As for prices, that's entirely up to the publisher how they manage their game. The currency, economical value and all that stuff is different over there. Also, because they are running a totally separate warframe version of the game and they are NOT a region of our international version of the game they can do whatever they wish because whatever they do over there has no effect on our game, our prices.

Edited by kiteohatto

They are discounted because they are paid less there. They're pretty much paying the same thing because of their economy.

Even after discount, it is £70/$105 USD for "originator" access (they translated founders to originators btw) That's very expensive for the average PRC citizen still. When i was in China, i really feel sad for the people who have to wade through rubbish with their kids playing in the trash while they look for anything to scavage. Majority of them are still impoverish and only the city dwellers have that kind of money to pay for games like these.

Edited by ecwp1981

DE can't do any drastic visual changes to excal prime other than PBR it. The model will never ever change, however engine upgrades and stuff can make everything look better.

I don't see why they 'can't' do it.