Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Slash Dash Won't Be Fixed In U17 It Will Suffer The Same Fate As Super Jump

CTanGod

EDIT: added the actual issues since I forgot Consoles don't have the Excalibur rework yet.

Again I'm trying to bring this forth since alot of people are ignoring its obvious problems.

So let me be clear: if it won't be fixed until or in U17 then it will suffer the same fate as Super Jump due to it's unreliability and the fact that it will be overshadowed by Movement 2.0 for obvious reasons.

Problems:

• It has huge trouble targeting enemies, for example out of 20 enemies count yourself lucky if it dashes to 3 enemies. My record was 10 enemies hit but I was solo when that happened so it's obvious Client Vs Host continues.

• It has trouble applying damage to moving targets or targets too close. (basically if they are moving or are too close it will hit them but deal no damage).

• Most of the times Slash Dash's targeting is not based on your reticle but based on Excalibur's facing, I've had numerous experiences where I aimed upwards but Slash Dash targeted stuff in front of me.

Edited by CTanGod

Again I'm trying to bring this forth since alot of people are ignoring its obvious problems.

So let me be clear: if it won't be fixed until or in U17 then it will suffer the same fate as Super Jump due to it's unreliability and the fact that it will be overshadowed by Movement 2.0 for obvious reasons.

What is wrong with slash dash? You say you are going to be clear, but you don't mention anything.

What is wrong with slash dash? You say you are going to be clear, but you don't mention anything.

It has huge trouble targeting enemies, for example out of 20 enemies count yourself lucky if it dashes to 3 enemies. My record was 10 enemies hit but I was solo when that happened so it's obvious Client Vs Host continues.

It has trouble applying damage to moving targets or targets too close. (basically if they are moving or are too close it will hit them but deal no damage).

Most of the times Slash Dash's targeting is not based on your reticle but based on Excalibur's facing, I've had numerous experiences where I aimed upwards but Slash Dash targeted stuff in front of me.

indeed whats wrong with slash dash?

edit-   lagged posted

Slash dash uses a cone target method,  so even if you aim up slash dash can still target those in front of you to be attacked,    The range of the cone is increased or decreased by mod that affect ability range.   Rather then Duration like the old slash dash was.   

So if your having issues maybe your range is to low to target all the enemies in front of you.

Edited by Tveoh

I'd say it has it's pros and cons, it's nice that it actually does do significant damage now (or at least it feels this way) and being able to use it in the air is all the better. But I do miss the ability to actually dash through a crowd and hit them all, now you just hit two or three at most and stop dead in the middle of the crowd of enemies you were dashing towards. The auto-targetting is also a bit sloppy and tends to miss enemies if they're too close for at a different elevation.

Even if the number of enemies you can hit is still limited, it would be nice if Excalibur continued to dash the remaining distance of the skill instead of just stopping short, and of course the targeting kinks need to be hammered out.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It's horrid compared to the previous slash dash. At least in the previous one you were invulnerable, something that is desperately needed given how slow this new rework is now. It also did it's job rather than miss everything even if they are in the cone 95% of the time(wish I was kidding with the 95%).

It's horrid compared to the previous slash dash. At least in the previous one you were invulnerable, something that is desperately needed given how slow this new rework is now. It also did it's job rather than miss everything even if they are in the cone 95% of the time(wish I was kidding with the 95%).

It still makes your HP invincible while Dashing and I do agree that Old Slash Dash was much better, they should have kept it the way it was just change the damage values and that would have been enough.

DE dident even sent it yet so how is Microsoft involved?

I remember DE post something about microsoft slowing down the update, making cross-platform multiplayer next to impossible. I admit I'm currently too lazy to find the post since is been forever...

I remember DE post something about microsoft slowing down the update, making cross-platform multiplayer next to impossible. I admit I'm currently too lazy to find the post since is been forever...

Lol. No.

PS4 was "complaining", and blaming Microsoft for not permitting a terrible and broken build, so they couldn't get their Proto Nyx skin.

It took DE two more weeks to remake a build that actually worked, and they permitted it.

Edit: Fun fact: DE submitted a build that literally broke the game before everyone went on break for Christmas, and despite Microsoft employees all on vacation with their families, they helped DE fix their game so everyone could finally go home for the holidays.

What a terrible company, Microsoft is.

Edited by (XB1)Spartan Cook

Lol. No.

PS4 was "complaining", and blaming Microsoft for not permitting a terrible and broken build, so they couldn't get their Proto Nyx skin.

It took DE two more weeks to remake a build that actually worked, and they permitted it.

I did not know that, I admit I do not keep myself updated/informate about ps4/xboxone because I play all my game on a pc. Kinda sad to hear that actually =/ Mostly because if everyone build would match, we could finally all play together.

I feel like the new "SlashDash" animation is UNCOMFORTABLE! Before it was a simple dash in a straight line, cutting any enemy in your way in half. Now you stop in front of your enemy, and are lucky if you even get 1 of them. Before I would hit all enemies in a line, regardless how many there were. Now it's rare that I get even 2 kills. Please fix this DE.