Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Slash Dash Won't Be Fixed In U17 It Will Suffer The Same Fate As Super Jump

CTanGod

indeed whats wrong with slash dash?

edit- lagged posted

Slash dash uses a cone target method, so even if you aim up slash dash can still target those in front of you to be attacked, The range of the cone is increased or decreased by mod that affect ability range. Rather then Duration like the old slash dash was.

So if your having issues maybe your range is to low to target all the enemies in front of you.

I am using max overext and stretch / No narrow and still it hits 5 enemies max for me

Also What i noticed and what annoys me abit is, when moving with slash dash without a target it moves very fast if u dash towards an enemy / enemies tho the dash is pretty slow, so its a fun for the ballistas to shoot ur face

I'm sorry but you guys need practice, i miss on a few occasions but that's usually due to distance/bad targeting on my part. New slash dash is great, especially because of it's knockdown effect.

I don't ever miss with Slash Dash....I just don't ever hit more than a few targets.

Missing is almost impossible now, but that's not the point.  Excalibur won't do much more than a few hits before he stops.

They just need to tweak the 'ping-pong' effect so that it directs through crowds rather than trying to attack each and every target individually.  The biggest mistake they made with Slash Dash's change is they overlooked the density of enemies in their game.

I don't ever miss with Slash Dash....I just don't ever hit more than a few targets.

Missing is almost impossible now, but that's not the point.  Excalibur won't do much more than a few hits before he stops.

They just need to tweak the 'ping-pong' effect so that it directs through crowds rather than trying to attack each and every target individually.  The biggest mistake they made with Slash Dash's change is they overlooked the density of enemies in their game.

They should just revert the mechanics since the Old Slash Dash worked in 99.99% of all situation, the only thing it always lacked was damage.

I like the new Slash Dash, and I've gotten pretty good at aiming it to hit multiple enemies.  The only problem I have with it is that it has 2 different speeds.  Without a target, the dash is quick and snappy feeling, and feels really good to use.  If you have even one target though, Excalibur will slowly slide along the ground, which feels really sluggish.  I wish they'd make the targeted version faster.

I like the new slash dash but after reading most of the comments on this forum, I think i understand what is frustrating some people

The fact is that right now slash dash seems to be a LoS targeting power. Because of that, if you have a lot of enemies in a line, slash dash will only hit the first enemy, even if others are in range. It should be able to target all enemies in range regardless of LoS.

However, if the power were to no longer be LoS targeting, we could get stuck slashing into a wall with an enemy behind it, luckily we have the ability to cancel the slash dash with a melee attack.

Would switching the power from LoS to just regular targeting fix the issue for most players?

I like the new slash dash but after reading most of the comments on this forum, I think i understand what is frustrating some people

The fact is that right now slash dash seems to be a LoS targeting power. Because of that, if you have a lot of enemies in a line, slash dash will only hit the first enemy, even if others are in range. It should be able to target all enemies in range regardless of LoS.

However, if the power were to no longer be LoS targeting, we could get stuck slashing into a wall with an enemy behind it, luckily we have the ability to cancel the slash dash with a melee attack.

Would switching the power from LoS to just regular targeting fix the issue for most players?

Probably but I believe the best solution is to make it based on Awareness since it would work just fine that way... or we could revert this dumb mechanic and bring back the Old Slash Dash Mechanics which the added bonus that you can pass through enemies.

Also simple targetting would actually give us a reason to press E while dashing to stop it early, cause right now there's never a situation where that is a viable option since it's just so terrible at targetting.

Edited by CTanGod

I agree with the idea of this topic. This current SD needs to be looked at considerably because the amount of enemies you hit in that cone is very inconsistent. Somtimes it'll reach waaay out to the right and hit one enemy, sometimes i'll SD a bit far off, and not chain to the enemy right in front of him. So yeah, I can see where you're all coming from.

That being said, I still think you're all crazy preferring the old SD to the new one. Even with it's mechanics that need ironing out, it's still leagues better on the account that I can kill my opponents with it now. The old one was linear which required the use of another ability at an early point of the games life to get a more robust use from it (And now both abilities are merged your welcome.), was either insta-killing most enemies before damage 2.0 or doing absolutely nothing post dmg 2.0(severely unbalanced in design and effectiveness), and certainly had little to no depth behind it(It was just slash dash all the things.....all the time because you wanted the mobility that came with it. Now with the new one, you certainly wouldn't use it on one enemy if you can just kill it with EB. Save it for the crowds and if the ability works as should, they would all die.)

I grow tired of rose-tinted nostalgia glasses because SD was one of the most requested abilities to be changed right next to Super Jump being removed(In fact, the whole thread of complaints and requests pertaining to Excal focused on these two abilities demanding changes). Please stop and think about what you guys are saying, because trust me when I say the old SD is not something to miss(Or at the very least make up your minds). Focus on how the new one should be fixed.

I agree with the idea of this topic. This current SD needs to be looked at considerably because the amount of enemies you hit in that cone is very inconsistent. Somtimes it'll reach waaay out to the right and hit one enemy, sometimes i'll SD a bit far off, and not chain to the enemy right in front of him. So yeah, I can see where you're all coming from.

That being said, I still think you're all crazy preferring the old SD to the new one. Even with it's mechanics that need ironing out, it's still leagues better on the account that I can kill my opponents with it now. The old one was linear which required the use of another ability at an early point of the games life to get a more robust use from it (And now both abilities are merged your welcome.), was either insta-killing most enemies before damage 2.0 or doing absolutely nothing post dmg 2.0(severely unbalanced in design and effectiveness), and certainly had little to no depth behind it(It was just slash dash all the things.....all the time because you wanted the mobility that came with it. Now with the new one, you certainly wouldn't use it on one enemy if you can just kill it with EB. Save it for the crowds and if the ability works as should, they would all die.)

I grow tired of rose-tinted nostalgia glasses because SD was one of the most requested abilities to be changed right next to Super Jump being removed(In fact, the whole thread of complaints and requests pertaining to Excal focused on these two abilities demanding changes). Please stop and think about what you guys are saying, because trust me when I say the old SD is not something to miss(Or at the very least make up your minds). Focus on how the new one should be fixed.

We don't want the old Slash Dahs' dmg back we just want it's linear Dash back since it's much better, also if you think that's terrible then you never played Excalibur, old Slash Dash with Surging Dash made Excalibur a god in melee (and because Radial Blind didn't force you into goddamn finishers) and Super Jump made evading Bombard Rockets super easy and had more uses (since you could safely wait the delay from Radial Blind to end). The old mechanic had far more interactivity than the new one, new one just tries to be Bladestorm while the old one required you to angle your strikes right.

Also don't give me this whole you needed to use an ability before using Slash Dash, you still do that because the new one can't hit any moving target it'll go to it but do no damage.

Also new Slash Dash is SUPER wonky looking when enemies are too close, it's like Excalibur slaps them into pieces or humps them....

Edited by CTanGod

Dash into the crowd, taking down enemies on the way in. Then, Javelin. Exalted Blade for those unfortunates still left standing.

I think the new slash dash is more...thematic. Excalibur was never about getting OUT of trouble or evasion. He is about getting into the fray an wreaking havoc, and this new version is that to a tee.

Yoo yall complain too much im sick of Warframe this games community is pretty petty and full of thread pirates.

Not every reworks necessary tbh Excal is Perfect. Slash Dash is Bad &#!, I can get around with just slash dash and i enjoy Slash Dash more than alot of his abilities. Slash Dash Radial Blind Exalted Blade are what i use Javelin is Garbage imo Super Jump was a great trade off like who gaf bout jumpin invisibly?

Excal is perfect tbh i just dnt like Radial Javelin at all.

Exalted Blade is a great ultimate despite that its OP and destroys nulls, Sooo what!?

Excalibur is FREE tf yall whining about?! 

Nerf Mesa or Saryn not Excal. 

Heres a solution.

DE should shut Warframe dwn for a Year and fix Warframe with the help of this picky community to Perfect the Warframes we all Dearly loce and will Kill for. Its annoying to get a rework then the rework isnt viable then ppl wanna rework or tweak here or there its just disappointing.

Then for some strange reason it seems like the community agrees with each other "Bring in the Nerfs" and they get heard on there Nerf Campaign. 

P.S. Excalibur is Free for Everyone to enjoy. Enjoy while he lasts before these threads get heard and ruin him yet AGAIN 

Old Slash Dash was Terrible imho i dnt know how yall think its bad.

Old Slash Dash was horrible at Connecting with enemies, btw fellas you could spam SD and it will tear thru crowds.

I find SD badass cuz i could take flight and still spam it in air. gets me outta crowded situations and feels like they dumped Super Jump in SD.

Hey how bout Slash Dash turns you invis till you hit enemies?lol

Ik ik tooo OP xD

Just food for thought

defiantly has issues still. At the moment ive never hit more than 3 enemies at once that's even large groups or even groups in a straight line, while the damage or knockdown doesn't always work when either your to close to the enemy or there running away

it should light up the enemies that it should hit so you know which enemies have/have not been hit which should have been

it should either have a wider arc so you hit enemies in a wider area or acts like blade storm and highlights the enemy and will hit them defiantly

Old Slash Dash was Terrible imho i dnt know how yall think its bad.

Old Slash Dash was horrible at Connecting with enemies, btw fellas you could spam SD and it will tear thru crowds.

...the heck your talking about...I never got any problem with the old slashdash..this is not a nerf thread so calm your %$# please.