Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blacklight: Retribution Update

Mr.ToastForPresident

So after around 2~3 years, BL:R PC version is finally going to have an update. The update is scheduled to release around July 22nd, and could be delayed again. This update requires you to uninstall your current version of BL:R because they have a new launcher.

What does this update contain?

This update for the PC contains new maps, new weapons, new depot items, and, well, new everything. This update also removes certain maps and game modes that will be put under review. Essentially, this update will make the BL:R PC version into the BL:R PS4 version in mostly every single way. That means the UI will change, the marketplace will change, and some other things. But also notice that these changes are not permanent, as they plan to redo the UI to make it more PC friendly after they launch the update. The company now in charge of BL:R (Hardsuit Labs) also plan on more updates in the future, including a editor for the PC version (maybe map editor?).

For more information, please go to the FAQ page here: http://www.hardsuitlabs.com/

They also have a campaign on their FB and Twitter, but who uses those anymore?

I wonder if my profile and stuff still exist?

Had earned myself some great gear. But the game put some heavy load on my PC, the launcher wouldn't start and the general situation got worse so i quit playing and eventualy ended up in Warframe instead.

WELP, THERE GOES THE REST OF MY SUMMER

Maybe DE will improve stuff faster if they see a big exodus to Blacklight Retribution (or the Chinaframe) :p ...

"No, wait! We got other things for you... :( "

Edited by unknow99

...And do all you BL:R folks expect the game to get better after this update, or worse?

After years of neglect from PWE and Zombie Studios, I think the player base is just wishing for any amount of content. I mean, the last time we got any substantial content for the game was their first year anniversary, which was two years ago. So any update for the game would probably bring back a lot of players back, which is always a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...