Cooldowns..

CrixusDamonie

You want cooldowns? 

You guys taste that?

warframe-players-now.jpg

I know they said cooldowns werent gonna be a thing.. But if.... IF it happens.. I quit.. Screw it.. Back to League of Legends i go lol.. I am not gonna get into details as to why i dont want CDs because its self explanatory.. It will not work with warframes design at all.. I mean for a non pvp type game people cry alot for nerfs to everything.. You all will single handily kill this game..

Edited by CrixusDamonie

''Devs have said it's never going to happen, but I'm going to complain anyway''

" But i know i have seen numerous post about it.. but you know it is written in stone.. People NEVER change their mind "

"If Warframe ever has cooldowns, I will quit and go to a game filled to the brim with cooldowns."

Wat.

" I will go back to a game that is designed that way purposely? wat? "

Edited by CrixusDamonie

I see post.. People are asking for this.. Obviously i am the only one reading this mess.. 

So share your opinion on the threads, don't create a whole new thread complaining about a feature that's not going to be implemented.

So share your opinion on the threads, don't create a whole new thread complaining about a feature that's not going to be implemented.

Yet you are giving me space to spread my wings.. If this is seen as complaining i am majorly misinformed muahaha.. Didnt know you could complain about something that doesnt exist.. + this was more of a mini rant..

I love how people are always ready to shoot down a post. The first reply is always some dude trying to be a smartass for upvotes. Just sad. 

Don't stop

BeLelieeiEeiIIieivinGggGGgGgGgGgggggggggggggggg

I see post.. People are asking for this.. Obviously i am the only one reading this mess.. 

You aren't talking about this right:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/490508-how-to-bring-cooldowns-back/

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Back on topic, why shouldn't we replace energy with cooldowns?

If the cooldowns are short enough, i don't see how they could slow down the pace of the game.

I dk man it just kills the vibe mentally to be restrained in any type of fashion.. Also lets say Blessing has a CD and you are against high level enemies.. That needs to be spammable haha.. But i understand.. I think DE got it right with the current CD systems.. Say for instance Zeph.. You cant spam tornadoes.. It has a CD.. I mean stuff that has lasting impact have CDs.. World on fire and such... But only in use.. The way it should be =)

Cooldowns are not an inherently bad solution, and would in fact work very well for a lot of the issues Warframe has. Take the 'generic damage-spam ult', it absolutely dominates everything in lower levels by obliterating the entire map, and yet falls off completely at higher levels as it can't keep up with enemies. If these powers had a cooldown they could be made to do more damage without affecting the early game, while simultaneously fixing their issue at higher levels. 

Take our over-reliance on crowd control abilities; our personal damage mitigation options could be improved to a point where they actually matter if CC was on a cooldown as we wouldn't be able to just spam them constantly. Enemies wouldn't need to do such an overpowering amount of damage as we'd actually be vulnerable for longer than the half-second it takes to slather the entire room in CC effects. 

The initial arguments against cooldowns in the early stages of Warframe's development are largely irrelevant at this point besides; Initially the devs dislike cooldowns as they observed that players were hiding behind cover until their powers were ready. Energy being a resource that Tenno had to pick up meant they were forced to leave the safety of cover and actually engage the enemy. The idea that players should be moving around and interacting with the game is the same reason why we don't have a sticky cover system (and thank god for that). At the same time the developers constantly add new things that makes gathering energy and spamming our powers more trivial; Trinity, Carrier, Energy Restores, 75% power efficiency builds... All these things contribute to our current problem of players... standing behind cover spamming their powers, coating everything in a thick layer of crowd control nonsense so that our game resembles a shooting gallery more than it does an action experience. 

Rather than fix the issue with crowd control powers the developers give the enemies more armor, more damage, further enforcing our reliance upon crowd control to even survive as mods like vitality, redirection, intensify, or steel fiber can't possibly keep up. To be fair, I think they've started to see the actual problem now, and they've addressed how bursty enemies damage is and how absolute CC is, but I don't know what their intentions are to fix it either. I do know that adding cooldowns to several powers would go a long way in fixing a lot of our current issues, however. 

Now then ALL OF THAT SAID, slap a cooldown on it is a really... simple, if not boring method of fixing an issue. Using Excalibur as an example; his biggest problem initially was that Radial Blind was such a powerful crowd control ability that the developers weren't comfortable with letting it stay as it was. They buffed Radial Javelin to compensate, then got annoyed when players pointed out the obvious flaws in the energy system and enemy scaling systems and nerfed it again. Players reacted to this in a rather upset fashion, dramatic if not entirely justified, and we eventually got our current Excalibur with powers that have a lot of synergy, still require player activity, and dont' have any cooldowns to stop us from wooshing around the battlefield with our magical energy sword. If we had simply increased Radial Javelin to moar damage and put a cooldown timer on it... Yes, it would have worked, but it would not have been anywhere near as fun to play, and I really do think that's the take away here. 

Cooldowns are not inherently bad; it's up to the developer to implement them in a way that makes sense in the game, and if the game is meant to be a fast paced action RPG sci-fi magical space shooter melee combat THING, you don't want your cooldowns to be so long that players feel power -starved. Cooldowns can and would work. At the same time, I commend the developers for sticking to their guns to do something more interesting than that, even if I do find the emotional response to cooldowns a little silly, and even if the process to forging something fun and interesting to play means that it takes more time and suffering to get it right. 

If they implement where they compensated the time for power then i would be ok with that i guess.. I guess the problem now is that enemies scales while you dont.. In any MMO you also scales as the enemies scales.. But that brings up another whole list of "fixes" or "problems" 

or 

345.png

Edited by CrixusDamonie