Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IDEA] Credits to Platinum conversion

guymanbrodude

Now, before I say anything, let me apologize if this is one of those topics that shouldn't be talked about. I do know that the developers need to make money, but don't get me wrong, with this idea I intend not to harm them in any way.

Now to the topic, have you ever had a bunch of credits and thought "Wow, I don't even this cash!", and wanted to use it on SOMETHING, as long as it was used? Why not allow players to buy platinum?

"But then why would anyone bother buying platinum with real money, oh mighty guymanbrodude?" That is an excellent question. The reason would be the price - make the platinum expensive, but affordable. So that hardcore farmers will be willing to go for it, but casual players will prefer the easy route and buy platinum with cash.

At what currency exchange rate are we looking here? I am not asking your typical commercial-type hypothethical question here that makes you want to throw up because Bill or Bob won't stop smiling, I honestly have no idea. I'm not that good yet and am nowhere near a point where I'll have that many credits, so that's where your help would be appreciated. Do you think 100.000 credits for 5 platinum would be fine? Too much? Not enough? What do you think?

Maybe even use some sort of pseudo-platinum that can only be used to purchase certain types lf items (equipment, weapons, colours)?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this. Once again, not trying to rip off the developers or anything, just trying to see whether something like this could work or not, and what the community thinks about it.

I'm fully against any way to get platinum outside of paying for it.

It's all a bit pointless anyway, you can already grind for all the platinum gear, you'd just be swapping one grinf for another for the same thing.

And there should always be platinum only items that are only available to paying cusomters (As long as they're cosmetic) for the store to retain allure.

IF platinum will be purchasable by credits, I think it should done so only through a player run market like in EVE or Spiral Knights. In such an economy, platinum supply would come soley from other players who have purchased plantinum and want to sell it on the market at a price of their choosing.

Edited by Ryme

IF platinum will be purchasable by credits, I think it should done so only through a player run market like in EVE or Spiral Knights. In such an economy, platinum supply would come soley from other players who have purchased plantinum and want to sell it on the market at a price of their choosing.

Which wouldn't work in the current state as credits can't do anything that platinum can't...

Now, before I say anything, let me apologize if this is one of those topics that shouldn't be talked about. I do know that the developers need to make money, but don't get me wrong, with this idea I intend not to harm them in any way.

Now to the topic, have you ever had a bunch of credits and thought "Wow, I don't even this cash!", and wanted to use it on SOMETHING, as long as it was used? Why not allow players to buy platinum?

"But then why would anyone bother buying platinum with real money, oh mighty guymanbrodude?" That is an excellent question. The reason would be the price - make the platinum expensive, but affordable. So that hardcore farmers will be willing to go for it, but casual players will prefer the easy route and buy platinum with cash.

At what currency exchange rate are we looking here? I am not asking your typical commercial-type hypothethical question here that makes you want to throw up because Bill or Bob won't stop smiling, I honestly have no idea. I'm not that good yet and am nowhere near a point where I'll have that many credits, so that's where your help would be appreciated. Do you think 100.000 credits for 5 platinum would be fine? Too much? Not enough? What do you think?

Maybe even use some sort of pseudo-platinum that can only be used to purchase certain types lf items (equipment, weapons, colours)?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this. Once again, not trying to rip off the developers or anything, just trying to see whether something like this could work or not, and what the community thinks about it.

They should have may another way not to pay USD its better if they put conversion system ^^

They should have may another way not to pay USD its better if they put conversion system ^^

If you say what i think you are saying (might understand wrong, bad english on my part sometimes).

but i prefer 1 type of money.

don't care if it's Euro or USD, or GBP. But there should be only 1. Why?

Exchange prices changes from minute to minute. This would lead to either Devs need to constantly change the prices on Platinum so it's not overpriced for 1 part of the world... Or the opposite, they don't care about exchaneg rates, and half the world pays much more then the others.

With only 1 type of money, this problem doesn't exist.

No, Platinum is for premium players.

As far as I know.. There's no such thing as "premium" . Founders Pack means platinum will be a little cheaper, but I wouldn't call that as premium either.

Anyway to the topic. I'd say about 700k to 1 million credits for 5 platinum.

As far as I know.. There's no such thing as "premium" . Founders Pack means platinum will be a little cheaper, but I wouldn't call that as premium either.

bad habbit calling "players who purchase" as premium. :)

Way to go calculating a completely arbitray value...

Just make some system to open slots for warframes and weapons, i dont mind if its like orokins, but make it

Delete items to make space if you feel the need to. This option requires no platinum and is therefore available to all players.