Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Going To Sound Embarrassing... (Tonkor)

TARINunit9

Question

How do you Tonkor jump? I've been able to pull it off maybe once every five tries, and I'm not sure what it was that was going on during the successful tries. I've been trying it the same way you'd rocket jump in TF2 and the like, shooting slightly after you jump

Edited by TARINunit9

14 answers to this question

Due to the camera position and crosshair angle, it is pretty tricky rocket jumping yourself correctly. Of we could just get a radial adjustment to the player hitbox or hitting are for the player while using the Tonkor, that would fix it.

Like TF2 or even UT2004/2007, since they are ego perspective based, it is way easier aiming right below the center of your character and having a 99% chance launching yourself into the air.

You don't exactly shoot at your feet. You (usually) shoot the grenade to the floor right under you so that it bounces right to your frame, resulting in a contact explosion which propels your frame. It doesn't matter where you shoot it. If the grenade bounces and hit your frame, you will do a Tonkor jump.

Edited by Jangkrik

Due to the camera position and crosshair angle, it is pretty tricky rocket jumping yourself correctly. Of we could just get a radial adjustment to the player hitbox or hitting are for the player while using the Tonkor, that would fix it.

Like TF2 or even UT2004/2007, since they are ego perspective based, it is way easier aiming right below the center of your character and having a 99% chance launching yourself into the air.

Um... you just shoot at your feet and boom, you're launched. It works 100% of the time.

Tonkor jumping is rather tricky, and if you have an uneven surface it becomes borderline impossible. But it is doable.

What I like to do is walk forwards and aim down just a tad above the lowest possible point, jump and then shoot my Tonkor. I've practiced this technique enough to land the jump 90% of the time, you could try that.

Tonkor jumping is rather tricky, and if you have an uneven surface it becomes borderline impossible. But it is doable.

What I like to do is walk forwards and aim down just a tad above the lowest possible point, jump and then shoot my Tonkor. I've practiced this technique enough to land the jump 90% of the time, you could try that.

Jump not needed, just aim straight down at your feet and shoot.

Um... you just shoot at your feet and boom, you're launched. It works 100% of the time.

So? And why are there multiple threads about that the tonkor isn't working quite as intended?

Weird, must be an illusion.

Fact: Running and sliding, aiming down and shooting the tonkor WON'T always result into a successfully air launch, period.