The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Elusive Jug.

StinkyPygmy

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually seen a Juggernaut?

I know it had some spawning issues on release, but hawt dang, either I'm wrong about how the spawning mechanics function or I'm really unlucky.

I always hear it roaring and trying to put the spook in me, but thats about it.

Is it just me or are they really that shy?

Edit: Just got him to spawn in a timed nightmare mission.

*welp*.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Trust me you don't want him to spawn, I've seen it 5 times now. It is one of the most annoying enemies (out shining the maniac) due to the capped damage being so small. If he is meant to spawn everytime he roars I would straight up stop doing infested missions that involved killing all the enemies. IMO the maniac and jugg shouldn't spawn/roar every mission.

Edited by Postal_pat

Hmmm. I actually thought DE managed to fix the worst of the issues shortly after release so for a while now I thought I was just confused about how his spawning mechanics work.

I'm actually kind of disappointed Jugs work like manics etc. 

I would have preferred for them to be an uncommon enemy, but one that spawns normally.

That would make them much more threatening.

I know room is an issue because he is supposed to be pretty large (not that I would actually know), but something like breakable portions of the tile sets like door ways etc could be a cool way to implement a more reliable spawning system in and combat the space issues.

Plus it would look awesome and pave the way for other cool enemies and more interesting maps.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

every infested mission over lvl 20 will spawn a juggernaut around min 7.

The problem is, you can't encounter him. He either glitches or dunno. I ear him, and i know i'm near do roar volume, yet, no where near sight, trying to show it to a friend but proving to be a rather difficult task

Trust me you don't want him to spawn, I've seen it 5 times now. It is one of the most annoying enemies (out shining the maniac) due to the capped damage being so small. If he is meant to spawn everytime he roars I would straight up stop doing infested missions that invovled killing all the enemies. IMO the maniac and jugg shouldn't spawn/roar every mission.

The damage is capped because you're meant to hit his weak points(Either his back or his belly when it opens up). Though, his stomp is annoying because of how it slows the player down.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually seen a Juggernaut?

I know it had some spawning issues on release, but hawt dang, either I'm wrong about how the spawning mechanics function or I'm really unlucky.

I always hear it roaring and trying to put the spook in me, but thats about it.

Is it just me or are they really that shy?

he actually spawns alot for me, but mostly if i do the missions solo, also he appeared every 5 minutes in derelict  survival  (40 min)

he actually spawns alot for me, but mostly if i do the missions solo, also he appeared every 5 minutes in derelict  survival  (40 min)

I'm predominately a solo player anyway.

Assuming its because his spawning is terribly broken due to size issues, then you might see him a lot in derelicts because they tend to have  a lot more room?

I might try that and see if I can get the little sucker to play ball.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The damage is capped because you're meant to hit his weak points(Either his back or his belly when it opens up). Though, his stomp is annoying because of how it slows the player down.

Yeah I know how but those opportunaties are rare and it hides these spots arfter only a few shots. So if you've got something like a bow you're stuffed.

He spawns, but if the objective is complete before you find them, then just forget about it.    Thats the real killer on him spawning.  If you want to hunt it.  Wait till he's killing them, then beat them down, then finish the mission.    Seen him a a few times, but most of the time.  don't get the chance. cause of Rushers.  Or they are just afraid XD

I have seen him many times but only when I was staying in a mission for longer than usual.

I was hunting eximus crawlers on Eris and he appeared in every single mission. You just have to wait till he stops roaring and stand in one place and he will eventually appear.

Managed to fully scan him but its codex is bugged because it has two identical entries.

I actually like how the Juggernaut spawns. When I first encountered him he roared and I immediately thought "sweet mother of lotus what the hell was that" 'cause I'd never seen or heard anything like it. The Lights flickered, nearby infested got an orange aura thing on them, I heard that roar and immediately coptered away from where I first heard it as fast as I could. I continued through the rest of the mission with my heart in my throat, always watching my back for whatever it was that was on its way to chow down on my Frost Prime.

Nothing much happened for another 3 minutes. Then I heard it again and coptered faster than an enemy that was hit by the Jat Kittag's jump attack.

Still no juggernaut. It was as if it was taunting me; ever mindful of where I was but hidden from me. 

It adds a real stalker/hunter-from-the-shadows feel to the Juggernaut that pretty much nothing else in the game has or should have (e.g stalker)

10/10 best experience since first Stalker, G3 and Zanuka spawns

Update: Got him to spawn for the first time... In a timed nightmare mission...

So far my first experience with the this guy wasn't that fun.

Hopefully it will be a better experience when i don't have to juggle killing spawns for time and not being 1 shotted.

Oh well. Ya live and learn. Never bring a pyrana as your only ranked ranged weapon to a jug fight.

Its not the best for targeting those weak spots.

I actually like how the Juggernaut spawns. When I first encountered him he roared and I immediately thought "sweet mother of lotus what the hell was that" 'cause I'd never seen or heard anything like it. The Lights flickered, nearby infested got an orange aura thing on them, I heard that roar and immediately coptered away from where I first heard it as fast as I could. I continued through the rest of the mission with my heart in my throat, always watching my back for whatever it was that was on its way to chow down on my Frost Prime.

Nothing much happened for another 3 minutes. Then I heard it again and coptered faster than an enemy that was hit by the Jat Kittag's jump attack.

Still no juggernaut. It was as if it was taunting me; ever mindful of where I was but hidden from me.

It adds a real stalker/hunter-from-the-shadows feel to the Juggernaut that pretty much nothing else in the game has or should have (e.g stalker)

10/10 best experience since first Stalker, G3 and Zanuka spawns

Eh, I knew when he was added so I wasn't surprised when i first heard the roar and I knew what it was.

I dunno, the jug just doesn't seem to fit the role enough to be spawning like that.

Its not some agile and sneaky, infested fear inducer.

Its just essentially... a stinky tank.

I mean if the infested had an enemy somewhat like the Tyranids Lictor from WH40k I would agree that it would be a cool way to have it spawn, but his theme and role doesn't really suit it.

At least for the manic it kind of makes sense as they are essentially jacked up ninjas.

I hope to god bursas don't follow the same suit and become pseudo-assassins.

Now that would make even less sense. At least for the Jug I can let that one slide.

He needs to roar 3times before he spawns and that has to happen before the missionobjective is complete.

I just got him to spawn in an exterminate.

I know, but alas he has been difficult up to now even with those conditions met.

Ive had him spawn quite a bit, ive been helping my friends clear the star chart and we've been doing a lot of Eris

(special mention for hive missions, that place outside that constantly lowers shields/health, ive died so many times there just from the crazy amount of stuff going on at the same time)

I dunno, the jug just doesn't seem to fit the role enough to be spawning like that.

Its not some agile and sneaky, infested fear inducer.

Its just essentially... a stinky tank.

True that. DE seem to mix up quite a few things and make them how they shouldn't be (the names of Saryn's 1st and 3rd ability don't logically make sense, for example)