What Happened To Our Pick-Up Time?

magusat999

For people who realize this isn't Twitter / Facebook and in a forum you will encounter actual paragraphs of text:

I remember - in a Tenno-verse long ago, that some of us old time players ho kicked it with Yoda and Jabba the Hut in the Old Republic... asked that we be given time to pick up the drops before the wave reward dialogue appeared. The benevolent decision makers at DE eventually increased the timer between "mission Clear" and the Wave Reward dialogue. We were giving time to pick up our stuff, and all was good in the Tenno-verse. But somewhere along the way, that sentiment seems to have changed, and now we are back to losing what we pick up because the timer has been eliminated. The Wave Reward screen pops up IMMEDIATELY after the "Mission Clear" text, and whatever we released just lays there on the ground.

I would like to see that reverted to what we requested and was granted long ago. The same old problem is back again? Is it on purpose this time? To reduce our resource collection by any small increment you can? Or is it a mistake in programming? In any case, it's a BROKEN PROMISE - you granted us more time as we requested and now its been taken back to what we were complaining about before.

We do not have Gmag anymore, thanks to wide, sweeping and inconsiderate nerfs - we cannot pick up the whole area of resources lying around., which is what was advocated when nerfing Gmag. So since we do not have a way to pull those thing to us conveniently anymore, at least give us time to do what you and the people who supported the nerf advocated we all should rather do and give us time to do it! (Run around and pick them up ourselves - as if a Warframe running around is going to make us have exercise...lol - my fingers are sooo slim now!).

For people who come to forums topics who are not aware that forums are for writing stuff - the "tl;dr people":

Since we have to run around picking up our resources, can we at least get some time to do it? Can we have our time BACK that we were given per our request (yes, some of us oldies are still hanging in there to remind you of broken promises and old bugs that haven't been addressed...).

Maybe if you spent time picking up resources instead of standing in one spot for the entire run then you'd have more than enough time to grab your loot. Radical thinking I know. Seriously, since when has moving around for loot become a genuine problem, genuinely worries me.

Edited by H3dsh0t

I'm with H3dsh0t on this one: there is more than enough opprotunities to obtain your dropped loot in mission.

Although i can agree to say that the time between killing the last enemy on a wave, and the very short time between that kill and the reward screen, is indeed a very short window.

Maybe if you spent time picking up resources instead of standing in one spot for the entire run then you'd have more than enough time to grab your loot. Radical thinking I know. Seriously, since when has moving around for loot become a genuine problem, genuinely worries me.

You didn't even read the tl;dr part, id you. You read the topic name and that's it. If you read what you are responding to you would realize what you said has nothing to do with what I wrote. Where did you read about someone standing around? I clearly drew the scene as not having time to RUN AROUND AND PICK UP OUR DROPS.

You obvious have a point to make about people standing there (press 4 to win) but this is not the topic and that is not a point I made - OFF TOPIC RANT.

I'm with H3dsh0t on this one: there is more than enough opprotunities to obtain your dropped loot in mission.

Although i can agree to say that the time between killing the last enemy on a wave, and the very short time between that kill and the reward screen, is indeed a very short window.

Well his point is well taken but it has nothing to do with my post. My post is about the short window and not having time to RUN AROUND (I think i made that clear in my OP), not about standing there pressing buttons. I think he saw me mention "Gmag" and his brain went into auto pilot. It was completely off topic.

Well his point is well taken but it has nothing to do with my post. My post is about the short window and not having time to RUN AROUND (I think i made that clear in my OP), not about standing there pressing buttons. I think he saw me mention "Gmag" and his brain went into auto pilot. It was completely off topic.

Well actually it wasn't completely off topic at all. Because I spend the whole mission constantly moving around, and I have next to no issues with collecting all the loot in time. If you are moving around during the mission, then the majority of the time you are going to have most of the loot by the end of it. Maybe I was a little blunter than I meant to be, been a long and fairly annoying day.

Edited by H3dsh0t

Well actually it wasn't completely off topic at all. Because I spend the whole mission constantly moving around, and I have next to no issues with collecting all the loot in time. If you are moving around during the mission, then the majority of the time you are going to have most of the loot by the end of it. Maybe I was a little blunter than I meant to be, been a long and fairly annoying day.

I am in agreement with these posts.

Well actually it wasn't completely off topic at all. Because I spend the whole mission constantly moving around, and I have next to no issues with collecting all the loot in time. If you are moving around during the mission, then the majority of the time you are going to have most of the loot by the end of it.

It is off topic because I clearly spelled out the scene as the time between "Mission Clear" and the Wave Reward dialogue, not the drops during the rest of the mission. You do not have to be standing around to have killed off a whole bunch of monsters - some of them far away enough that you do not have the time to go pick it up in the micro-second they give you before the Wave reward comes up. And that may be the end of the mission, or when people choose to leave so you have no chance of getting your drops. By giving us back the time we were given a long time ago when oldies first complained about this, we could run across the level and get our drops before the mission ends instead of losing them. You keep pressing this point about standing around and that has nothing to do with my point whatsoever.

Also we must be considerate to other types of players. Not all frames are suited to run around and melee - nor do i want to be in a squad of only those types. The medium to long range person might not run around chopping up things with his little cleavers, but they help out in a big wy controlling and eliminating crowds. Those players are valuable and should have a chance to collect drops, and they shouldn't be penalized because they cannot stand on the front line swinging a melee weapon.