Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusives Be The Next Prime Access?

WindBlade

so, we've had a lot of talk about the new Chinese warframe exclusives, and a helpful FAQ clarifying details, though I now have one slight worry, about maybe Umbra and the new primes being the next prime access addition come September/November.

Now, happy for the weapons to be those weapons for that update, but the MM/FF pattern for prime frames has had me waiting for the September items in the hopes of a specific frame getting her time in the spotlight, and i'm hoping Umbras not going to be bumping her back.

Nikana and Kunai Prime will be maybe part of next Prime Access, but i think Umbra Excal is just skin like Proto Armor or Prisma skin, not whole new warframe, there is no reason to get 3rd version of Excal frame

Umbra skins are going to be just that. Skins. I'm relatively sure that Rebecca said they will be a line of skins.

Nothing to worry about here!

Nope, she said "gear" and if you check Changyou website you'll notice that we're talking about a brand new series of frames, not skins.

Also, to OP, we won't get the Prime Umbra Excalibur, apparently, so there won't be a Prime Access for it; it will probably be released somehow for a limited time and the prime weapons will go on the next PA or soemthing like that!

Umbra skins are going to be just that. Skins. I'm relatively sure that Rebecca said they will be a line of skins.

She wrote that Umbra Excal is the First of a series of umbra Gear. That could just mean skins or actual different things.

The only reference that I saw to time limited was that Umbra gear will be exclusive to Chinese for a period of time (say, 30 days) before becoming available in NA.  This doesn't necessarily mean time limited once it reaches here.  

It's all speculation, everything is very vague. 

Anyway, merge with other mega thread where everything else is being swallowed please.

Edited by Wotca

Nope, she said "gear" and if you check Changyou website you'll notice that we're talking about a brand new series of frames, not skins.

Also, to OP, we won't get the Prime Umbra Excalibur, apparently, so there won't be a Prime Access for it; it will probably be released somehow for a limited time and the prime weapons will go on the next PA or soemthing like that!

"GEAR"...

what if it's an equippable gear item that when used, it evolves Excalibur to Umbra mode...

lol jk anyway i hope it will be a skin

We don't know for certain if it's just a skin, new gear or what.

That said, In pretty sure DE won't make any future frames or weapons cash only, as that would give credence to the Pay-2-Win bandwagon.

Additionally, this is something to discuss on the Megathread. Thanks!