Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since I Saw This Video,even More Desperate For This Cool Umbra Excal.

Vlada91

I trust Rebecca too, but the Changyou post came directly in response to that, it's clearly quoted and related; and in the post it's said that no one outside chinese founders will ever get that Prime Umbra Excalibur, which is somehow fair enough if you think about it.

Now, since Changyou basically said "NOPE", we can only wait for another word from DE.

Also, we should really discuss about it in the ongoing megathread.

Maybe we will get Umbra skin for Excalibur...not Umbra Prime.

Hahaha that walk....

IT'S CALLED SWAGLORD WALK

DE still makes the assets so they can release it no matter what Changyou says.

Uhm, not really; it works like this(sort of :D ):

- DE wants to expand WF in China

- DE looks for a distrubutor

- DE finds it and propose the deal

- Distributor says sure, but we will have X, X and X

- DE says FINE and the deal is done

Now, why should DE break a deal that will grant them quite a lot of money considering how large and growing is Chinese market? Anyway, again, it's better to discuss this stuff in the megathread, not here!

Uhm, not really; it works like this(sort of :D ):

- DE wants to expand WF in China

- DE looks for a distrubutor

- DE finds it and propose the deal

- Distributor says sure, but we will have X, X and X

- DE says FINE and the deal is done

Now, why should DE break a deal that will grant them quite a lot of money considering how large and growing is Chinese market? Anyway, again, it's better to discuss this stuff in the megathread, not here!

Wowowowhat did Changyou say? I'm not aware of that!

Do you have a link? :o

Edited by unknow99

This confirm that this Excalibur is really a knockoff made by the Chinese team. I mean, LOOK at those textures!

DE(and Mynki) standard are way higher. You guys have been raging for this? XD

It's a rendering issue. Texture LODs aren't properly set for the scene (looked like it went to lowest at that scarf close-up), nor did they set up the materials properly, hence the cheap plastic look. Nothing to do with how the model will appear in-game (which is what DE take care of)

Like you haven't seen shoddy SFM fan art before.

0:05 The Era of Peace has ended

0:22 Excalibur Umbra, August 7th exclusive "dress"?

0:27 There will be a bloody battle.

Exclusive "dress" there we have it. The thing in the video is the Umbra version we're also going to get but with an additional skin (probably the gold bits) and that seems to be the only thing that's gonna be exclusive to chinese founders.

Exclusive "dress" there we have it. The thing in the video is the Umbra version we're also going to get but with an additional skin (probably the gold bits) and that seems to be the only thing that's gonna be exclusive to chinese founders.

Reread rebeccas answer, were getting the same thing as chinese got but after 1 month passes(maybe more).

Reread rebeccas answer, were getting the same thing as chinese got but after 1 month passes(maybe more).

Exactly this. We get it a minimum one month afterwards. 

Yes, that's what Rebecca said. But it's still up in the air and quite confusing, since the Chinese later said (in direct response to Rebecca's post) that the "Umbra Excal Prime" will stay exclusive to Chinese founders, and that the International version may be getting just an Umbra Excal, which kind of falls in line with what Reb said because she never mentioned us getting an Umbra Excal Prime, only an Umbra Excal. 

I trust Rebecca too, but the Changyou post came directly in response to that, it's clearly quoted and related; and in the post it's said that no one outside chinese founders will ever get that Prime Umbra Excalibur, which is somehow fair enough if you think about it.

Now, since Changyou basically said "NOPE", we can only wait for another word from DE.

Also, we should really discuss about it in the ongoing megathread.

you do realize that excal prime was released in the founder package for warframe on pc? lol you wont see another excal prime for anything maybe a skin because of the people who bought the founder pack in 2013 .. same with the Latos Prime and Skana Prime

It's already been announced that we will eventually be getting this later down the road.

Not to derail the thread, but they made a statement on the China website. And it roughly translates to us (international) not getting the Umbra we see as of right now, but something different.  

Everything is really obscure but there is a chance we might get somthing that looks like a non-gold Umbra.  Or even a non gold non scarf Umbra.   ;-;  Edit:  Or we'll get exactly what is seen, ignoring the statement.

Edited by Ishki88

Yes, that's what Rebecca said. But it's still up in the air and quite confusing, since the Chinese later said (in direct response to Rebecca's post) that the "Umbra Excal Prime" will stay exclusive to Chinese founders, and that the International version may be getting just an Umbra Excal, which kind of falls in line with what Reb said because she never mentioned us getting an Umbra Excal Prime, only an Umbra Excal. 

Not to derail the thread, but they made a statement on the China website. And it roughly translates to us (international) not getting the Umbra we see as of right now, but something different.  

Everything is really obscure but there is a chance we might get somthing that looks like a non-gold Umbra.  Or even a non gold non scarf Umbra.   ;-;  Edit:  Or we'll get exactly what is seen, ignoring the statement.

Does it actually say that we won't get it or are people just using google translation and guessing?

Does it actually say that we won't get it or are people just using google translation and guessing?

I've seen at least 5 translations that all state the same thing.  One alleged player who stated he/she could read it also stated the same.  Translation of the images have also been flying around also.  

I'm just glad players aren't going crazy on this alleged information.  It's a possibility we'll find out soon.  If not, the topic will be buried until DE feels fit to release the information and gear.

I've seen at least 5 translations that all state the same thing.  One alleged player who stated he/she could read it also stated the same.  Translation of the images have also been flying around also.  

I'm just glad players aren't going crazy on this alleged information.  It's a possibility we'll find out soon.  If not, the topic will be buried until DE feels fit to release the information and gear.

Do you have a link to any of the translations? I want to interpret it for myself. I'm also glad that i don't see many people going crazy about that post.