Since I Saw This Video,even More Desperate For This Cool Umbra Excal.

Vlada91

From what I've read that is the Umbra Excalibur Prime variant that is going to be exclusive to the Chinese new players and will be available there only for a limited time like founders Pack. A non-Prime Umbra Excalibur variant, prolly less intricate without the gold details, will be released later. The non prime Umbra variant is the version will be made available to the international version as a 30 day limited time exclusive content as well. Anyways it is a good thing new frames will be available every 30 day instead of having to wait 3+ months for new ones and extra mastery like we are now.

I trust Rebecca too, but the Changyou post came directly in response to that, it's clearly quoted and related; and in the post it's said that no one outside chinese founders will ever get that Prime Umbra Excalibur, which is somehow fair enough if you think about it.

Now, since Changyou basically said "NOPE", we can only wait for another word from DE.

Also, we should really discuss about it in the ongoing megathread.

I don't see how that's really fair. Founders were founders, supporting a game that did not exist at the time. China is getting a "founders" package for a game that's been running nearly 3 years. They shouldn't get anything first, they shouldn't get anything exclusive. They might think they need something to sweeten the pot for Chinese players, but most of us never had an opportunity to become founders. I myself never heard of Warframe till well after the program had ended. 

Not to keep the complaints rolling, I just HATE exclusive crap and the attitude folks have about it. 

I don't see how that's really fair. Founders were founders, supporting a game that did not exist at the time. China is getting a "founders" package for a game that's been running nearly 3 years. They shouldn't get anything first, they shouldn't get anything exclusive. They might think they need something to sweeten the pot for Chinese players, but most of us never had an opportunity to become founders. I myself never heard of Warframe till well after the program had ended. 

Not to keep the complaints rolling, I just HATE exclusive crap and the attitude folks have about it.

I think the most accurate translation for them is originators, not founders.

While they have nothing to be founders of, the game in China is brand new, playerbase is everything but large and solid yet and the distributor at the moment only made investments on it.

So, it makes sense to create a sort of founders alike program(again, I don't think they're called founders).

What makes less sense to me is:"Right after the program is over no one of you will be able to get this stuff anymore, and we'll go to the global build to release it to everyone, cheers!".

As a side note, I'm highly against exclusives as you are, I for one would vote positively on a re-release of excalibur prime or for exclusives to be timed only.

Here a pic of the Umbra Excalibur Prime without his cloak:

EUVRkRt.png

Screenshot taken by me and nice to see you again Siralextraffo :)

If you ask me he still have the scarf, it's just on the back only..............or he has a collar due to motorcycle accident.

Btw, hey there ecwp! :D

Uhm, not really; it works like this(sort of :D ):

- DE wants to expand WF in China

- DE looks for a distrubutor

- DE finds it and propose the deal

- Distributor says sure, but we will have X, X and X

- DE says FINE and the deal is done

Now, why should DE break a deal that will grant them quite a lot of money considering how large and growing is Chinese market? Anyway, again, it's better to discuss this stuff in the megathread, not here!

Not quite.

- To publish in China the owning company must be physically incorporated in China
- DE Sells 61% of it's stock to Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc (Sumpo Food holdings, and a tiny bit of PW)
- MDGG pick Changyou as the PC Distributor.
- Discussions between the Owners (MDGG/Sumpo), DE and Changyou result in the Excal Umbra.

Now, DE may have misunderstood how Changyou wanted to use the Excal umbra, certainly they have had to ask about it after the players have posted Chinese ads and posts from Changyou. If DE has a solid, model of what they had agreed to then they would need to ask before responding.

Not quite.

- To publish in China the owning company must be physically incorporated in China
- DE Sells 61% of it's stock to Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc (Sumpo Food holdings, and a tiny bit of PW)
- MDGG pick Changyou as the PC Distributor.
- Discussions between the Owners (MDGG/Sumpo), DE and Changyou result in the Excal Umbra.

Now, DE may have misunderstood how Changyou wanted to use the Excal umbra, certainly they have had to ask about it after the players have posted Chinese ads and posts from Changyou. If DE has a solid, model of what they had agreed to then they would need to ask before responding.

Fair enough, thanks for clarification and accurate analysis!

Hehe, was wondering if I could find a thread talking about the vid I posted. I also wonder, if I had chosen a different thumbnail image for it would people have been as troubled about the scarf texture quality.

It seems that vid was made by a set of people other than DE since the original images we saw had a much higher quality scarf and the rest of the textures were also better, so these new people may not have had the right tools or resources to make it exactly like that.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Here a pic of the Umbra Excalibur Prime without his cloak:

EUVRkRt.png

Screenshot taken by me and nice to see you again Siralextraffo :)

For me this is the best look ever,I'd love to see what it looks like in action or generally in the game...