Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since I Saw This Video,even More Desperate For This Cool Umbra Excal.

Vlada91

Not quite.

- DE wants to expand WF in China
- To publish in China the owning company must be physically incorporated in China
- DE Sells 61% of it's stock to Multi Dynamic Games Group Inc (Sumpo Food holdings, and a tiny bit of PW)
- MDGG pick Changyou as the PC Distributor.
- Discussions between the Owners (MDGG/Sumpo), DE and Changyou result in the Excal Umbra.

Now, DE may have misunderstood how Changyou wanted to use the Excal umbra, certainly they have had to ask about it after the players have posted Chinese ads and posts from Changyou. If DE has a solid, model of what they had agreed to then they would need to ask before responding.

Hey, just fyi the company doesn't need to be physically incorporated or located in China. DE still isn't located/incorporated in China as of now. You just need a local publisher who is in china, and have exclusive rights to import the game into china to apply for all approval and licenses (Changyou).

The sale results in a Canadian registered company, being 61% owned by Chinese companies/group. The company itself is still based in Canada, eh.

While the sale may have boosted confidence in Changyou to import warframe into china, or them doing it was a material condition as part of the sale, i dunno, but it's not a legal requirement. Can't say with absolute certainty on this part but i know Blizzard isn't incorporated in China, maybe a subsidiary though.

I'm assuming you're deducing what you said from Reb's statement that "In order for Warframe to officially be in China, it is required that a company must have a physical presence in China." They do, Changyou.

LMAO Even the devs said to take anything that is not being said by them with a grain of salt because only they can make a 100% official statement also not too many people know that this excal was not created by the chinese designers which even further proves Rebecca statement about us getting him.

LMAO Even the devs said to take anything that is not being said by them with a grain of salt because only they can make a 100% official statement also not too many people know that this excal was not created by the chinese designers which even further proves Rebecca statement about us getting him.

That's not really what they're saying. They have to go gather the information and confirm it, meaning that DE isn't the one making the call on this. It's Changyou who is making the decision regarding the exclusivity of this frame. The fact that Rebecca has to even go asking for information regarding the existence of an Umbra Excalibur Prime goes to show this as well. Most of the content that we've seen wasn't created by Chinese devs. We've already known that Mynki and the art team was creating assets for the Chinese version. So no, it doesn't prove anything. What it proves is that there is more ambiguity, and that this is a decision that isn't up to the devs (otherwise, they wouldn't have to go get clarification from ChangYou).

Nothing is certain right now, but there is a possibility that China will be getting their own Excalibur Prime (for all intensive purposes, it's their own version - not the same as the International Excalibur Prime, but it's their exclusive Prime Excal variant). There's also the possibility that everyone will get it as well (but, I still don't see the point in selling an exclusive frame as an Originator's Pack, that will never be seen again after the time period is up - same language used in the Founders Program - only to then say it's actually not exclusive and then to make it available to the international market).

Anyway, I digress. Anyone else think this frame looks cooler without the cloth?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

That's not really what they're saying. They have to go gather the information and confirm it, meaning that DE isn't the one making the call on this. It's Changyou who is making the decision regarding the exclusivity of this frame. The fact that Rebecca has to even go asking for information regarding the existence of an Umbra Excalibur Prime goes to show this as well. Most of the content that we've seen wasn't created by Chinese devs. We've already known that Mynki and the art team was creating assets for the Chinese version. So no, it doesn't prove anything. What it proves is that there is more ambiguity, and that this is a decision that isn't up to the devs (otherwise, they wouldn't have to go get clarification from ChangYou).

Nothing is certain right now, but there is a possibility that China will be getting their own Excalibur Prime (for all intensive purposes, it's their own version - not the same as the International Excalibur Prime, but it's their exclusive Prime Excal variant). There's also the possibility that everyone will get it as well (but, I still don't see the point in selling an exclusive frame as an Originator's Pack, that will never be seen again after the time period is up - same language used in the Founders Program - only to then say it's actually not exclusive and then to make it available to the international market).

Anyway, I digress. Anyone else think this frame looks cooler without the cloth?

Considering the display of the new syandana and it's flow physics i'm actually excited to see this Umbra Excalibur, but maybe the cloth should be optional just to please all players. That is if we are even going to get Umbra Excalibur.

Edited by (PS4)panellgpierre

I really can't get over how much the animation of UmbraExcal in that trailer looks like a clunkier version of Cherno Alpha from Pacific Rim, it's just so stilted and unnaturally slow.  For some reason it puts me off the whole frame, like 'this is the first time I've seen it move, and it moves like a prototype bipedal robot that we were making 10 years ago'.

Design wise, it looks pretty darn good, scarf needs some love, but that's not part of the frame anyway, but that animation just feels so wrong.

Considering the display of the new syandana and it's flow physics i'm actually excited to see this Umbra Excalibur, but maybe the cloth should be optional just to please all players. That is if we are even going to get Umbra Excalibur.

Well, we're getting Umbra Excalibur. Question is, is there a separate Umbra Excalibur Prime, and if so, are we getting that?

• 2 weeks later...

I WANT IT SO BAD!!!!!

Not a big fan of the trailer, though. DE usually makes prime teasers more... teasery. They zoom up on the various shiny parts instead of showing us a clear image of the torso. They get us excited without revealing anything too big. I STILL WANT IT!!!!!!

They said they'd release China exclusives to the global Warframe around a month after, right? Cuz I want Nikana Prime. Really badly.

Pls, reread the Changyou(official WF China distributor) official statement in response to that.  :)

Please watch as DE tells Changyou no everyones getting it and puts those deviant art stealers in thier plcae and also please come to my thread: I think Ive found out what Excalibur Umbra is. It explains stuff.

The thing I like the most about Umbra excal is the colours. It is a bit different from the regular Dark coloured primes. 

Soooo, I was just checking stuff out and my Excal Prime looks almost the same :P (a bit more bling due to targis Prime armor.)

Will post a pic later (MAYBE, don't have enough time on me hands lately)