400 Platinum Missing

SuperWeedy-EGT-

Question

2 days ago I still had a little over 7000 Platinum, today only 6600. Has anyone ever have this happen to them? Im 100% sure no one has my account Info or else they would have just taken everything including hundreds of prime parts. I already wrote to support but they are taking their time with answering. I kind of suspect DE wasnt pleased that after selling a few Ash Prime Sets for 380-450p I started selling helmets for 15p and systems/bp for 100p, also very cheap vectis parts. I farm fast and hard and can make more money selling stuff very cheap than hanging in chat all day to get a little more for each part. 400p is alot of money, thats about 1 full Ash Prime Set / 20-40x tedious and time consuming missions. Im unsure now if I should even play or farm items if DE just takes my hard earned plat.

16 answers to this question

the only time I've heard of DE removing plat from an account is if a trade they had executed was reversed (found to be fraudulent usually) or if a platinum purchase didn't successfully go through. Both actions should have resulted in an email being sent to the account holder, tho.

the only time I've heard of DE removing plat from an account is if a trade they had executed was reversed (found to be fraudulent usually) or if a platinum purchase didn't successfully go through. Both actions should have resulted in an email being sent to the account holder, tho.

Maybe someone he traded with had their plat revoked, would that have removed the plat from his inventory though?

yes but im sure they would have returned the item or items

Yeah, that's the thing I'm not sure of, if DE reverses all trades the plat buyer made, or if they merely delete the plat from the system. If plat per plat purchase is taggable and identifiable internally (as with starter plat being non-tradable) I wonder if they don't use the simplest ( and least fair, possibly) option of merely removing the platinum from existence without regard to any player trades that occurred.

Edited by Gelkor

If DE finds out someone had bad plat (plat aquired in non allowed ways) the plat may be removed even if it was traded to other players, they do a retroactive fix to get rid of the plat and may even in some rare ocasions make you banned since the plat removed is higher than the one you had.

In your case it didn't happen, you had plenty of plat left, just wait for a reply from support, i'm sure they will clear all the doubts.

Sadly there isn't a way of knowing if the user we are trading with has bad plat or not.

Its been a few days now since the Platinum went missing, still no answer from DE. If this happens again I might end up quitting, as I have maxed all equipment there is and earning Platinum is my main motivation to keep playing. All they have to do is inform me atleast why it was removed, but just removing large amounts of Platinum without informing players, possibly even without them noticing is some of the worst business I have seen.

Again, we understand you're upset that is why you came to the forums. However posting about your issue will not be solved on the forums and are between you and DE itself. You will have to wait, which for me it took them about 9 days to respond. They are a small team compared to companies like EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard their tech support is not as expansive. Good luck mate.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

It would have been funnier if you had 404 platinum not found.

Seriously though, I hope it gets resolved.  I ended up missing 70 plat because something in my foundry was rushed.  It's weird because I do NOT rush things in the foundry.  I am NOT paying 3 warframe slots to speed up a digital item that doesn't even exist in real life.

It took me a support ticket and two emails, but I did get my platinum refunded.  Turns out one of the items was a freaking MUTAGEN MASS.

WHO RUSHES A FREAKING MUTAGEN MASS?

I WISH I had that kind of money.

Something you might take into account is this: Factor #1: Support desk for DE is currently under very heavy load, so the backlog of tickets will cause responses to be delayed from the usual turnaround time.

Factor #2: They may be working on your ticket now, which taking into account the various reasons for the Platinum to be missing from your account are many and varied, this backtracking may take some time to complete. While they do this, they will not be updating you on each thing they're doing, but will contact you once they have resolved the reason for this to their satisfaction.

Factor #3: sort of a combo of the first 2. Since they're under so much strain already at the support desk, and will only get worse as to backlog due to the imminent update, time consuming tickets like this may be put aside while the team takes care of the numerous quick fixes on their desk so they can best deal with the flood of reports that will be coming in once Update 17 drops.

So, while your frustration is warranted and understandable, exercising patience is to your advantage here, and airing this in the forums may not be the best way to expedite matters, as has been stated this is between you and DE. You might  want to just drop a additional comment to your ticket perhaps once per week, just to keep it in the current pile, but beyond that have patience and trust that they will do what they can for you.

Good Luck and Game On!

so I find some stuff in my inventory I can sell and it added up to 350p but when I sold it I had no platinum

did you trade it to another player for plat, did you turn it in at a kiosk for ducats, or did you simply sell it from the inventory screen?

Edited by pauli133