So... Umbra Phase...?

TESTAMENTEXE

I just heard of this Excal umbra, I'm not trying to start a post that will get locked but what I'm trying to know is that "Will it be farm-able"? Or is this another Excal prime deal where I have to smash money at my screen for A prime with a nice looking scarf and pair of sleek weapons?

(Sorry for any [errors], just wanted to poet this up and hopefully this topic doesn't get locked up due to salt players)

Edited by TESTAMENTEXE

Someone translated Changyou's post on reddit. Excal Umbra is a separate frame from Excal and is coming to the global build. Excal Umbra Prime is a Founders only frame for china and is not coming to the global build.

Because there is a primed version, I assume that Excal Umbra will be obtainable in-game somehow, and not through a paywall but, like eveyone else, I don't know for sure.

Someone translated Changyou's post on reddit. Excal Umbra is a separate frame from Excal and is coming to the global build. Excal Umbra Prime is a Founders only frame for china and is not coming to the global build.

Because there is a primed version, I assume that Excal Umbra will be obtainable in-game somehow, and not through a paywall but, like eveyone else, I don't know for sure.

So you didn't understand the reference of mine? How about you watch this video really quick?

Considering the images I've seen, I'm pretty sure "Excal Umbra Prime" doesn't actually exist and is just something that was "lost in translation"

The way I see it "Excal Umbra" is like a new kind of prime, not a new kind of Excalibur AND Excalibur Prime. It doesn't make much sense to me in making TWO more excals just so Changyou can have one exclusive.

Edited by AXCrusnik

If we're doing themed frames, I'd like Banshee Wraith, Vauban Vandal, Dragon Loki, and Ether Rhino. Oh, and Mara Frost could be cool.

Considering the images I've seen, I'm pretty sure "Excal Umbra Prime" doesn't actually exist and is just something that was "lost in translation"

The way I see it "Excal Umbra" is like a new kind of prime, not a new kind of Excalibur AND Excalibur Prime. It doesn't make much sense to me in making TWO more excals just so Changyou can have one exclusive.

I'm not a fan of the vague google translations either, but after seeing Changyou release a startlingly immediate response to Reb's FAQ about the whole fiasco claiming that they DID get a permanent exclusive (or so the translations seem to say), it makes me wonder.

The characters for prime(specifically the word DE uses for prime on Prime Access and the likes)  = 装圣 

And those characters are everywhere.

It does make sense to do that. China gets exclusives which will help them sell, we get a sub-par version of it which will supposedly give us less of a right to piss and moan at them since we got "it"(or something similar) just like they did.

Clarification: Not saying this is the case. I'm a: "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" kind of person. If it were up to me, there would be no cross platform/region exclusivity whatsoever. I'd have the teams design and code nicer things for everyone to share and enjoy, and everyone could customize their character in a way that made them feel satisfied.

But people don't pay money to have the same things everyone else has. That's the cold truth.

Edited by CruelCrow

Posted Today, 11:25 AM

"Temporary lock as I await clarifications from various parties to the new surge of questions rolling in." -DERebecca

Seems like someone has made a mistake and promised something they shouldn't have.

Edited by Ryme

"Temporary lock as I await clarifications from various parties to the new surge of questions rolling in." -DERebecca

Seems like someone has made a mistake and promised something they shouldn't have.

Where did it hint at someone making a mistake? lol

Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

With all the work on the upcoming U17 and the launch of Warframe on China, there must be really bad communication between DE and ChangYou right now.

I just hope we'll get all the explanations soon.

With all the work on the upcoming U17 and the launch of Warframe on China, there must be really bad communication between DE and ChangYou right now.

I just hope we'll get all the explanations soon.

As someone whose company also has a counterpart there, the time difference also does not help facilitate efficient communication.