Somethings I Noticed With Some Of The Old Warframe Pictures

spiker2000

(Picture I noticed stuff on: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11044591_477034845784269_2580024173544321927_o.jpg)

I may just be incredibly late to the party and other people may have noticed this a long time ago, but I was just recently looking at some of the old warframe pictures and artwork and noticed several..Strange, for lack of a better word things. For example the warframe behind excal at the front doesn't looks like a warframe I know of, so I was thinking it may be a early concept for ash or volt. Or a abandoned warframe concept of sorts, not to sure on that one to be honest. The next thing I want to draw peoples attention to is the Excalibur standing at the back, which doesn't look like the Excalibur we know and love today in some regards, as the body shape looks a little more feminine. I think DE did originally have the idea of there being a male and a female gender variant for each warframe (Only reason I am saying this is due to the fact I heard it from somewhere a while back and also nyx was rumored to have originally been a female version of Excalibur.)

Now, the main thing I wanted to draw peoples attentions to was the planet behind the Tenno in the picture. I'm not sure what the planet in the picture is but I am guessing it could be the moon or earth. I think this because there seems to be a massive settlement on the planet which is visible even from space, so either DE messed up the proportion sizes or this place is massive. I think this could be the moon because this settlement could possibly be the upcoming orokin moon tileset. 

So yeh, first of all let me thank you for reading this and second of all I would love to hear your opinions in the comments below, if the link I posted further up doesn't work I will post another.

Note: I was a bit tired when writing this and reading through the first bunch of comments, so if nothing makes sense what I say just disregard it and I will correct myself later on. Also if I am sounding like a uber scrub its also related to tiredness. I usually know what im on about..usually. 

Edited by spiker2000

Definitely the moon. As for the guy behind excal he could possibly be Ember pre-update 5.3, she used to be male. Not sure what her default helm looked like back then though so I can't be certain.

EDIT: Or as others pointed out it could be volt as his concept art appeared.

Edited by Stratego89

That Warframe is Volt.

warframe might be a shadow of excalibur and volt mixed 

the planet might be mercury

hmmmm that frame looks to be volt, looks like an earlier version of the storm helmet(judging by the fact there are not notches on both side)

VoltStormHelm.png

Yeh it did look familiar to volts storm helmet but I wasn't so sure. With the post of that picture though it does look alot more like volt.

The excalibur(far left) at the back is female....

Yeah it does indeed appear that way

The warframe behind Excal looks like a male Zephyr(probably a Volt like everybody else says, it's just the pointy head that makes me think of Zephyr lol), and the Excalibur on the way back is the female Excalibur, if you looks closely, you can see the boobs. Why? DE planned to let players to choose to play as a male or female, but they scratched that idea and now we're stuck to Warframes that are gender-locked. Probably will be too much work later on for 'em, they will also have to remodel every Prime warframes for that to happens as well so I guess it's a tonnnnn of work.

The planet is Earth, you can see its blue on the lower half of the planet, devastated, probably due to the Great Plague. 

Edited by AlphaWolf003

The warframe behind Excal looks like a male Zephyr(probably a Volt like everybody else says, it's just the pointy head that makes me think of Zephyr lol), and the Excalibur on the way back is the female Excalibur, if you looks closely, you can see the boobs. Why? DE planned to let players to choose to play as a male or female, but they scratched that idea and now we're stuck to Warframes that are gender-locked. Probably will be too much work later on for 'em, they will also have to remodel every Prime warframes for that to happens as well so I guess it's a tonnnnn of work.

The planet is Earth, you can see its blue on the lower half of the planet, devastated, probably due to the Great Plague. 

Yeh I see what you mean about the zephyr idea. Hadn't noticed that personally, but I do think it would seem more logical to be a early volt design.

Not sure I see what you mean to be honest, care to explain further?

Pardon me, the Nyx at the back doesn't seem to possess any female......erm........assets, as it were.

EDIT: In actual fact, what I saw was Excal's bicep, just shadowed out, I dun goof'd.

Edited by Sovamorne

Pardon me, the Nyx at the back doesn't seem to possess any female......erm........assets, as it were.

Can't really tell, excals arm is in the way for one but I think I can see some form of 'asset' in the form of a outline.

Guess that may just be my eye sight or some wierd shading so you could be right

Edited by spiker2000

Can't really tell, excals arm is in the way for one but I think I can see some form of 'asset' in the form of a outline.

Guess that may just be my eye sight or some wierd shading so you could be right

No he's right, look at the helmet, it's obviously a default Excalibur helmet with the "horn" thing stretched out. It used the same textures as Excal's helmet as well and the round thing that's supposed to represent an eye in the middle (illuminati confirmed) isn't there, like the female Nyx in the game.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Ok, here are things that are surely absolute.

That Nyx is a male.

The Exalibur in the back has a unique texture and skin to the one in the front on-top of more feminine curvature, even the head is shaped differently, more...fair

Now some speculation orientated bits.

The planet is most definitely Earth, as it has coloring that fits.

I don't know and most don't know who that middle Warframe is.

Something you did not mention, what is CONSUMING the planet and its atmosphere  on the bottom between the frames and the planet? THAT is intriguing to me.

That's about what I notice.

Edited by (PS4)TrueAlastar

JlaWy64.png

I'm fairly sure it's a female Excalibur with that pair.

Nyx actually has a male version, which means the female Nyx now maybe isn't a remodeled concept female Excalibur (since there's already a female excalibur in the picture along with a male Nyx) but they changed Nyx gender to a female.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

As others have pointed out, the volt is a storm volt helmet, the Nyx is normal and there is an extra, normal Excalibur in the back. The planetoid is not identifiable to me me and I think it is just supposed to be provacative background content, of space and danger on a cosmic scale.

Yes, way back in early alpha there was a femal Excal, Nyx. That model even persisted in the chaos holograms for many updates. This is not present in the linked picture.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Definitely the moon. As for the guy behind excal he could possibly be Ember pre-update 5.3, she used to be male. Not sure what her default helm looked like back then though so I can't be certain.

EDIT: Or as others pointed out it could be volt as his concept art appeared.

I thought Nyx began as a female Excal? Didn't they have plans to have male and female versions of each frame?

I thought Nyx began as a female Excal? Didn't they have plans to have male and female versions of each frame?

Yes, way back in early alpha there was a femal Excal, Nyx. That model even persisted in the chaos holograms for many updates. This is not present in the linked picture.

To elaborate, DE stated that they explored alternate genders for each Warframe theme, but decided the resources where better spent giving each Warframe it's own theme and just alternate genders, more or less. So, Excal had an opposite, and Ember began as a male.

As for returning to alternTe genders, DE said it would only consider alternate genders of same theme, NOT same Warframe. So, no female Ash, but maybe a Smokey assassin-Ash-like female Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX