[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream #57!

If this question has been adressed, forgive me.  But I am curious about the removal of stamina.  While I can't wait for it, there's only one question I have.  What will toxic Chromas passive be converted to?

• Upvote 2

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?

Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

• Upvote 1

Well at least now we know there won't be an update for another two weeks.

Allright my usual attempt at questions (do i make those too long?):

Q1. The Grineer traitor we fought alongside in a recent tactical alert, seems to be another model drawn from the Grineer Labourer concept art we can find in the codex.

Are there still plans to introduce a downtrodden Grineer working class?

Q2. Are Lato and Skana Prime the reason why the Lato and Skana are doomed in their starter weapon role, without Mk-1 variants to take their sorry place?

Q3. How about a wodden Skana skin to reflect it's role in the game?

PS: Killing an army of clone soldiers with a wodden sword would actualy be pretty cool.

Q4. Will the current plans for the new star chart make it easier to introduce new locations in the solar system? Without fixed mission nodes i imagine you just need to put a new symbol/object on the star map and call it a sector.

Q5. Seeing how Tenno can now run around with dual chainsaws at their wrists. Is there any chance the old Grineer Sawman could make a comeback with their palm mounted buzzsaws?

Q6. What was the motivation for making Archwing attachable thrusters for Warframes, rather than for example compact space fighters?

Q7. Back in livestream 32, Geoff brought up the problem that most guns were still using the same grip position regardless of their design. Has this problem been resolved in your opinion or is it still something you want to do later?

Quote for reference: "Geoff: We’ll have to give them new grip options, because right now they all use rifle grip."

Q8. What other older weapons are on the list to get a makeover like Ogris or Burston? Lex? Ignis? Hind?

Q9. Are a Grineer semi-auto pistol or Corpus shotgun on the "maybe soon" list of weapon designs?

Q10. Last livestream we saw a new model for infested Corpus Crewmen. Are there any other plans to update the design of older enemies? Perhaps creating more visual diversity among the Crewmen and Moas?

Edited by Othergrunty

DE, do you have any plans or desires to rework Mesa- or at least more specifically her peacemaker skill- into a less "afk with weight on mouse to win" frame? I'm not really looking for specifics on how, as much as a yes or no answer.

Removing AoE damage types hiting us through walls, doors, floors, Frost Globe etc.... When ?

Edited by Myscho
  • Upvote 5

U17 has a lot of great stuff planned for it. I was most looking forward to Starchart 3.0 but it needs to be robust enough to replace the current one. Can we has Starchart 3.0 as part of 17.5 if we can't get it in for 17.0?

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Echoes of the sentient first look? Sounds amazing!

Will we get more lore about tenno as well?

Do you plan on making RNG more fair, as in reducing the grind as you promised?

Will the RNG balancing happen once the new starchart is released?

And while we are talking about the starchart: Any chance we can take a first look at that also?

The question i am most interested in though: How is the valkyr skin and the catbrows coming along?

And while we are at that, will we ever see more live-sculpting like we saw on the last devstream? It was really interesting to see Devs at work.

they showed it already i think, cant remember when though...maybe someone else can answer that

Can we expect Syndicate expansion, quests, or cutscenes?  For example, what are the Arbiters trials and disciplines?  Who are the "weak and innocent" the Steel Meridian swear to protect?  These questions and their answers could lead to Syndicates being more than sinks of Standing that give you cool stuff, and might answer some of the players concerns as to why the Syndicates tend to lean towards extremes.

Personally, I'd like to know WHY the Arbiters think we're awesome, why Suda is superior in size and knowledge as opposed to most Cephalons, what Steel Meridian is truly protecting, where the Red Veil members splintered from, why Perrin Sequence is driven away from the Corpus, why New Loka members are the way they are, Teshin's backstory and relation to the existing characters, and Simaris's backstory.

• Upvote 6

This is quite a late announcement for Devstream but better late than never I guess.

Here are a few queries.

- ETA on when is U17 coming?

- Will China warframe founders decision be carried over to the international scene and vice versa?

- WIll the 2 regions of warframe have the same content or will they go on separate paths after china's release?

- Is the "catbrow" based on the chinese/japanese mythology's 9 tailed fox?

Edited by ecwp1981
  • Upvote 2

1. the recent excalibur rework IMO went pretty well and the upcoming frost rework seems like a good direction. Having said that, what does Scott think about the demands for relatively minor reworks that sprouted shortly after(ie changing 1 or 2 abilities like chroma's spectral scream, mesa's peacemaker, ash's bladestorm)

2. what about more major reworks like hydroid.

3. what are some requirements for a warframe to be reworked? outdated, player demand or both?

4. how will parkour 2.0 affect melee? spin attacks, cancelling out of combo, more responsive dodges and blocks?

5. parkour 2.0, from what ive seen, seems to be adding more maneuvers. how will this affect the controls? any thoughts on streamlining controls to make the maneuvers easier to execute and flow smoother from one maneuver to another? I use a controller on PC :)).

6. any thoughts on adding more control over teh behaviours of companions like specters, VIPs, sentinels and kubrows? e.g. let us control who the kubrow attacks, when the kubrow or sentinel will use their ablity? HUD showing the cooldowns of the companion's abilities?

7. wyrm prime/ prime laser rifle buff? pretty please?

8. ETA on new star chart and voidplosion? how will this affect the grind? 

lastly, im not sure if anyone asked before, but what are some of DE's personal favorite warframes (if you have favorites that is)? mine's Ash and Ash prime just made me like him even more :DD

Edited by philsillius
  • Upvote 1

Do you have any plans on expanding the roster of availible frames in Conclave? If so what are the considered options?

Will the new Parkour affect the design of future Conclave maps we get?

Any Conclave Gamemodes that you guys are in the works of planning or maybe thinking about?

With the addition of the new capes and the inevitable clipping issues you guys decided on a "show holstered weapons on/off"-option.

Will we see our weapons being phased into existence (like Excalibur's Exalted Blade for example) when turning this option off? 

Is the focus system still a thing or is it dead?

How will parkour 2.0 affect the stamina mods  ( kinda like what happened to charge mods after melee 2.0)

• Upvote 1

With the upcoming of a new frame variant (umbra), are the developers finally considering a way to make all frames viable and worthy to get and own?

Since all primes make the regular versions seem less worth and inferior.

Edited by 7grims

Have you ever thought of other Warframe variants other than Prime ones?

Something like Alfa Excalibur? Delta Oberon? Omega Rhino?

Well, there's one question that I think everyone wants to know the answer for:

What are Umbra frames? How do we get them? How are they different from regular frames?

As a bonus, the question I'm asking for the 5th livestream already:

When will we be able to color each armor attatchment (and syandana) separately?

• Upvote 3

Any word on Steam workshop?

Also, is there a plan to let players create in-game contents that won't affect the core of Warframe? Like allowing players to custom their own Obstacle course in their Dojo or to simulate a custom mission in simulation rooms (similar to simulacrum, but with an option to custom tilesets etc.) Considering that this would add much more things to do in Warframe.

-Edit-

Attached Tenchu 2 custom mission video as an example.

Edited by amano_jatan
  • Upvote 6

Q1.- Weapons buff...when? no seriously. when!?!?

Q2.- Is U17 coming this or next week?

Q3.- Is Frost rework coming soon?

Q4.- Are you ever going to rework Silva & Aegis, and also buff Supra?

• Upvote 1