Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Core Problems In Warframe ?

Henji

The grind consists solely of multiple layers of RNG. It's so terrible it doesn't feel good at all to finally get what you're after, just less worse now that you know that you've been allowed to blunder your way past the RNG.

For now.

And of course you have to do this constantly, because you never know when DE are going to remove something (Prime Vault) or increase the RNG (Starmap 3.0), and you don't want to miss out.

All it does is piss you off, drive you away from the game and make you regret spending money on it.

The grind consists solely of multiple layers of RNG. It's so terrible it doesn't feel good at all to finally get what you're after, just less worse now that you know that you've been allowed to blunder your way past the RNG.

For now.

And of course you have to do this constantly, because you never know when DE are going to remove something (Prime Vault) or increase the RNG (Starmap 3.0), and you don't want to miss out.

All it does is piss you off, drive you away from the game and make you regret spending money on it.

Not to mention, there's Grind Walls, and Time Walls, and Time Windows that players have to deal with. It deters players more so than brings them in.

Can you give some examples of what are those ''meta'' ? 

My guess its  mod builds, if so how they affect the game expirience ?

Nullifiers, use high ROF weapons or go in for a direct slash. Wanted to use your bow and arrows you threw four to six forma on? Too bad, their damage is capped! Want to use a duration based frame against them? Hope you took a whole lot of energy restores with you. What do you mean you don't have enough resources to build them? What are you? Mastery rank 1 or something?

Corrupted Ancients, shoot them first. Use Atomos for that. Anything else becomes useless since they disappear in the crowd after a few minutes/rounds. Anything void: Corrosive on all weapons. Corrosive projection aura. Forget any other mod combo, because it's useless.

The mutalists then, how about those? I hope you like status ailments, because you'll be constantly trying to shake them off yourself unless you play a CC immune Warframe.

And there's the missions that are just a pain to do solo. I for one am really happy I did the whole starchart before Hijack and Interception became a thing or before those Nullifiers became a staple of defense things. Hijack is just incredibly annoying to do solo since you're forced to either go with a damage mitigating Warframe or one with high health. I can imagine how painful interception must be for solo players that are newbies, because they most likely can't even catch a node before the one they caught a few seconds before goes back to the enemy. Defense for soloers must be easier now though since you can build Frost a bit better. But even that has to suck at higher levels if you play alone now.

I'm just tired of being pidgeonholed into one meta after another in this game. I want to do other things than to use X for Y, because the alternatives are just so incredibly much harder to use.

1. Nullifiers, use high ROF weapons or go in for a direct slash. Wanted to use your bow and arrows you threw four to six forma on? Too bad, their damage is capped! Want to use a duration based frame against them? Hope you took a whole lot of energy restores with you. What do you mean you don't have enough resources to build them? What are you? Mastery rank 1 or something?

2. Corrupted Ancients, shoot them first. Use Atomos for that. Anything else becomes useless since they disappear in the crowd after a few minutes/rounds. Anything void: Corrosive on all weapons. Corrosive projection aura. Forget any other mod combo, because it's useless.

3. The mutalists then, how about those? I hope you like status ailments, because you'll be constantly trying to shake them off yourself unless you play a CC immune Warframe.

4. And there's the missions that are just a pain to do solo. I for one am really happy I did the whole starchart before Hijack and Interception became a thing or before those Nullifiers became a staple of defense things. Hijack is just incredibly annoying to do solo since you're forced to either go with a damage mitigating Warframe or one with high health. I can imagine how painful interception must be for solo players that are newbies, because they most likely can't even catch a node before the one they caught a few seconds before goes back to the enemy. Defense for soloers must be easier now though since you can build Frost a bit better. But even that has to suck at higher levels if you play alone now.

I'm just tired of being pidgeonholed into one meta after another in this game. I want to do other things than to use X for Y, because the alternatives are just so incredibly much harder to use.

1. status weapons do more than ROF weapons to nullifier bubbles also shotguns and hand cannons obliterare them because of pellet count+status proc ex: acrid destroys bubbles has low rate of fire and is projectile.

2. they are priority target and can easily be killed. use punch through(god forbid we use utility mods on weapons).

3. Loki disarms with 100% success. people doubt the power or radial disarm(irradiating disarm removes auras), its called group synergy

4. hijack can be easily completed with Zephyr, Nyx, Rhino, Loki, Mag and a few others. interception should be played as a team. its like people don't socialize in the game then come and complain about how they cant solo a game that is MAINLY Co-op.

its true that Meta is garbage but you aren't forced into it. if the alternatives are much harder to use then you've found your challenge doesn't mean they aren't viable.

Back in 2012 (2013??? :P whenever open beta was)

There were 2 major critics, both from the players who tested and were playing warframe, and also from actual game critics:

"DE doesn't know what they are doing."

"The game is repetitive."

While keep stating "they dont know what they are doing" gets old, does not make it less true nowadays, some major updates bring out even bigger problems, or just build problems over new problems.

The game was repetitive back then, and its mildly better now.

Although RNG is the reason we repeat a mission over and over.

Diversity and content as been established, but is still only variety inside the same old corpus-grineer-infested factions, the void is copy-pasted enemies painted gold, the sentients will only arrive around U17 or in U18, 2 years to actually get a new unique faction.

The greatest bet and new improvement was archwing, that ppl do love, but is a flop.

Edited by 7grims

1. status weapons do more than ROF weapons to nullifier bubbles also shotguns and hand cannons obliterare them because of pellet count+status proc ex: acrid destroys bubbles has low rate of fire and is projectile.

2. they are priority target and can easily be killed. use punch through(god forbid we use utility mods on weapons).

3. Loki disarms with 100% success. people doubt the power or radial disarm(irradiating disarm removes auras), its called group synergy

4. hijack can be easily completed with Zephyr, Nyx, Rhino, Loki, Mag and a few others. interception should be played as a team. its like people don't socialize in the game then come and complain about how they cant solo a game that is MAINLY Co-op.

its true that Meta is garbage but you aren't forced into it. if the alternatives are much harder to use then you've found your challenge doesn't mean they aren't viable.

1. Nullifier Bubbles are hard capped per hit, meaning that Shotguns cannot do more damage due to the damage cap on the Bubbles.

2. Punch Through is pretty much a given, but it isn't the Ancient's Health or being behind cover that is the issue. The issue with the Corrupted Ancient Healers' is that their aura mitigates 90% of all incoming damage to allied units, and adds health to the Corrupted Ancient as allied units are hit. Not only that, but their auras stack, rather than being only one aura on the field. Couple that with the Corrupted Nullifiers, and the Corrupted Bombards, and therein lies a cluster frack of massive problems all revolving and spawning from artificial difficulty.

3. A Disarm isn't going to save you from Eximus auras, or melee potential. CC Immune is referring to Hysteria Valkyr, I believe, not Loki, he is a CC Frame in and of himself.

4. The problem is that DE has held adamant that WarFrame will cater both to Co-Operative and Solo play, meaning that both will need to be thought of during mission development. The game isn't mainly Co-op, that's dependent on player to player cases'.

Challenge shouldn't come artificially, it should come by the mechanics of the game presenting an actual challenge to the players through enemy mechanical variety/multiplicity, however these mechanical variations should be able to be fairly overcome by all play styles present within the game.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

1. Nullifier Bubbles are hard capped per hit, meaning that Shotguns cannot do more damage due to the damage cap on the Bubbles.

2. Punch Through is pretty much a given, but it isn't the Ancient's Health or being behind cover that is the issue. The issue with the Corrupted Ancient Healers' is that their aura mitigates 90% of all incoming damage to allied units, and adds health to the Corrupted Ancient as allied units are hit. Not only that, but their auras stack, rather than being only one aura on the field. Couple that with the Corrupted Nullifiers, and the Corrupted Bombards, and therein lies a cluster frack of massive problems all revolving and spawning from artificial difficulty.

3. A Disarm isn't going to save you from Eximus auras, or melee potential. CC Immune is referring to Hysteria Valkyr, I believe, not Loki, he is a CC Frame in and of himself.

4. The problem is that DE has held adamant that WarFrame will cater both to Co-Operative and Solo play, meaning that both will need to be thought of during mission development. The game isn't mainly Co-op, that's dependent on player to player cases'.

Challenge shouldn't come artificially, it should come by the mechanics of the game presenting an actual challenge to the players through enemy mechanical variety/multiplicity, however these mechanical variations should be able to be fairly overcome by all play styles present within the game.

1. soma vs kohm: kohm wins in taking down the bubble with less shots fired same goes for acrid vs any ROF weapon which was my point.

2. i repeat healers are PRIORITY target it doesnt matter if there are five of them in one spot you should be targeting them and punch through works regardless if there are a bunch in proximity to each other tried tested and succeeded. also i want to add that you do not equal a team it sounds like you are talking from a solo defense perspective. defense imo shouldn't even be soloable. out side that there is no issue since spawn rate of them is down.

3. i think you missed the part i said about irradiating disarm disables aura. if you dont like being CC use constitution knockdown becomes less dog pile on knocked down player or hand spring since knockdown is the only CC they can use on us anyway.

4. Endless Defense(Interception, Defense, Survival) can all be soloed in the early waves sure but later they cannot so much. Non Endless defense( spy, deception, hijack, hive, rescue, mobile defense, exterminate/crossfire) are mainly get from point a to point b. imo if they did a census or where players are playing the most it will be heavy on endless defense portion and less on non endless defense also the rewards show they favor team play over solo play. do you remember the nef anyo event which was centered around team play(the more members you had in your team the high the chance the unit would spawn). so yes ill stand by what i said. Mainly Co-op because it is an online Co-op single player Multiplayer-Coop game.

if all the frames were the same in efficiency on any specific faction or game mode there would be no reason to go beyond using one frame i like that they have their own specific efficiency.

1. soma vs kohm: kohm wins in taking down the bubble with less shots fired same goes for acrid vs any ROF weapon which was my point.

2. i repeat healers are PRIORITY target it doesnt matter if there are five of them in one spot you should be targeting them and punch through works regardless if there are a bunch in proximity to each other tried tested and succeeded. also i want to add that you do not equal a team it sounds like you are talking from a solo defense perspective. defense imo shouldn't even be soloable. out side that there is no issue since spawn rate of them is down.

3. i think you missed the part i said about irradiating disarm disables aura. if you dont like being CC use constitution knockdown becomes less dog pile on knocked down player or hand spring since knockdown is the only CC they can use on us anyway.

4. Endless Defense(Interception, Defense, Survival) can all be soloed in the early waves sure but later they cannot so much. Non Endless defense( spy, deception, hijack, hive, rescue, mobile defense, exterminate/crossfire) are mainly get from point a to point b. imo if they did a census or where players are playing the most it will be heavy on endless defense portion and less on non endless defense also the rewards show they favor team play over solo play. do you remember the nef anyo event which was centered around team play(the more members you had in your team the high the chance the unit would spawn). so yes ill stand by what i said. Mainly Co-op because it is an online Co-op single player Multiplayer-Coop game.

if all the frames were the same in efficiency on any specific faction or game mode there would be no reason to go beyond using one frame i like that they have their own specific efficiency.

1. Yet the point we are trying to get across is that the Nullifier Bubbles limit weapon choice, because of how the Damage Formula to their shields work. That's why it's bad and the meta isn't conducive to the freedom of choice WarFrame affords, because rather than just hard stopping powers, it limits weapon effectiveness as well.

2. Again, the game is Co-Op and Solo, and thus should be achievable in both respects. Also, if you're in a room where there's a Corrupted Bombard firing away a missile or 10 at you, and also a Corrupted Nullifier protecting that Bombard with his shield that limits weapon damage, and a Corrupted Ancient Healer compounding their EHP through damage mitigation, along with the countless goons they have at their side, or even more Bombards, Nullifiers, and Healers, who's the priority target in that situation? That situation is commonplace in the Void, and it isn't going to be easy to deal with because of all their mechanics mixed into one group.

3. One Frame...with an augment. What of the rest of the Frames? Having one, or a few number of Frames be good in this regard isn't how the game should be.

4. Yes, I remember when we made Nef Anyo bankrupt. The game is still centered around Team and Solo play, and that's the point we are trying to get across. Scott himself even stated on a previous Devstream that they will always support Solo play, to summarize.

We aren't saying all frames have the same efficiency, I'm saying that all Frames should be able to complete the tasks the game presents, but in their own respects excel in their areas of expertise, while still being flexible. This part of my response wasn't towards the Frames in general, it was towards the gameplay and the challenges the game presents up.

I had taken a tread-and-read into this thread, and I had made a thread of my own concerning this game's issues in my own eyes thus far. I didn't put things I had not yet experienced into consideration, but as things stand, they're not going to be pleasant.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/496613-is-this-warframe-or-farmville-in-space-feedback-from-seasia/

My thread is here ^ .

Everything is a priority target nowadays. There's 3-8 priority targets they can no longer be called that because prioritization becomes impossible, since all of them should be dealt with first.

And regarding solo, so you are saying Solo players shouldn't be able to progress through the star chart nor unlock certain primes? I disagree, every mode should be "soloable" (which is why I was always against the introduction of raids with unique rewards).

- The current RNG system (Yesterday I did 2 T3 survivals 1 at 40 mins and the other at 20 mins, between them all I got was fusion cores, a forma and 2 Bo prime BP's - considering the misison keys have to be farmed and how familar that scenario will be to allot of people that is awful)

- 75% of the weapons are utter dross. (I'm not saying all the weapons should be great, or identical, but maybe mods should have a bigger role determining the weapons final damage so we can get a bit more variety)

- The trading system (or lack thereof) is terrible. (I have heard they are working on a new system though...)

- The alert system punishes people for not being at their computer, ready to play, 24/7

Everything is a priority target nowadays. There's 3-8 priority targets they can no longer be called that because prioritization becomes impossible, since all of them should be dealt with first.

And regarding solo, so you are saying Solo players shouldn't be able to progress through the star chart nor unlock certain primes? I disagree, every mode should be "soloable" (which is why I was always against the introduction of raids with unique rewards).

in void the only 2 targets that NEED to be dealt with right away are the nullifiers and the healer ancients.

don't think you can try to put words in my mouth i said Endless defense should not be soloable. it is difficult and when people cant solo it they come here and then complain about not being able to solo something intended for a team. all other mission type is easily soloable.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

i posted it before ill post it again because i can see it even here as this thread progresses.

Warframe needs work sure and feedback helps but when i see the general feedback and i see feedback in the other categories i see a toxic mess so im gonna have to go with " the biggest core problem with Warframe is its community" now I'm not saying its all bad but majority of it is nonsense people want this change or want this change or abuse this or that and when DE tries to implement some of the changes people cry. everyone knew corpus faction was a joke so they made nullifiers and people came into feedback to complain about it but it was a much needed unit for corpus now you have to take them seriously. people hated excal DE buffed it then added Mechanics then people complained so they completely reworked it now you have people complain about it being too op. its a very disgusting trend to see. you cannot please everyone and people need to understand how far Warframe has truely come from what it was 2 years ago.

in void the only 2 targets that NEED to be dealt with right away are the nullifiers and the healer ancients.

don't think you can try to put words in my mouth i said Endless defense should not be soloable. it is difficult and when people cant solo it they come here and then complain about not being able to solo something intended for a team. all other mission type is easily soloable.

The only "2" targets are ancients, nullifiers and bombards. And they don't spawn in pairs. I'd love to play missions in which prioritization was key because it's cannon fodder + VIP, instead of cannon fodder + 3 or 4 VIPs that buff each other.

Endless defense has unique rewards, therefore it should be just as soloable as any other mission. Mission difficulty/viability for "forever alone" players should remain similar to that for teams if DE's commitment to solo gameplay is true.

Unless you want endless defense to have no unique rewards. Then sure, make it team-only.

Edited by The_Doc

Personally, I think your reasoning and justifications are based on a foundation of blind hopefulness/denial/ignorance.

This game will always be in BETA. There will never be a full release. DE has said as much (I think in an IGN, or mantle GameSpot interview).

It has been nearly 3 YEARS since open beta started. If you think a build will come that is considered "release" you are kidding yourself. Sorry to burst your little June of hope, but better you know now than never.

Here are some issues that I'm furious about and hate after 1000 hours and 150 bucks spent on fun things and joyful times, now I hate warframe. Here is why.

1.) No more "vaulting" over obstacles? That animation looked amazing. Why the hell man. Why?

2.) No more jumping backhand springs? (Back+Dodge+Jump) [it'll be in the video clip just wait for the bottom]

3.) No more wall running, now were all god damn bunnies and we look like idiots.

4.) Front flips (Jump+Dodge) Now "fling" you forward an unset amount. Dude it was perfect why even damn change it?! I used to be able to front flip two pillars in the obstacle course at a time. Now it's an unregulated distance that flings me to death or not where I needa go accurately.

5.) Sometimes my first jump is the doublejump animation, it's annoying and stupid. Especially if you are walking down a hill. Because for a second you'll be in the "air" so it considers your first jump a doublejump.

6.) I used to fly through the air like a bad ! and kill b!tchs at normal speed [Once again, in the video clip below] Now I have to go retard slowfall mode? Dude come on. Give me the option to turn off "Aim Glide" or give it a distance above ground limitation so every jump+aim shot I make isn't stupid.

7.) Regular dodging (rolling dodge) has a weird inertia "fling" to it. Before it was smooth, now it's stupid sketchy and sticky feeling.

8.) Movement used to be complicated yet simple in it's own right. It was nearly smooth, realistic to the games universe and looked ninja. Now it's sketchy, looks weird as fukk and isn't smooth or realistic to how the game was at all and is way over-done and you broke moves that were never broken. YOU FIXED MOVES TIL THEY WERE BROKE. YOU NEED TO REVERT!!! REEEVERRRRTTT!!!! You broke perfect moves. Why the hell go back and redo things that were perfect?!?!

9.) Tried the clan dojo obstacle course? Try it with parkour 2.0 you can jump passed everything and it'll be the most unsmoothest movement you've ever done. It straight sucks.Did no one in the testing try the OBSTACLE COURSE with the new movement??? If you can't run the freaking obstacle course smooth then why the hell is it called parkour 2.0 this is just horrible. Come on, it was so close to being a smooth run; now all the moves are "flingy" and #*($%%@ up. Fire that guy who said the movement needed THIS drastic of a change.

10.) I fcking hate what you've done. It saddens me, hurts me. I feel cheated out of what I loved. What I spent 1000 hours and 150 bucks on because I enjoyed, now upsets me down to my very soul. I used to tell everybody knew to try it; now i'll just be ashamed to mention it to anyone.

Look: https://youtu.be/5wEtmc8VfMI Thats smooth gameplay. That's how the game is suppose to run. The wall running near the end could be less glitchy, but now  everything "fun" in that video has been taken from me. You've ruined my gameplay.

Here is another video of smooth gameplay that is no longer an ingame possibility because stupid aimglide, weird inertia fling added to rolls, and no more jumping backhand springs over enemies heads then cutting their heads off.:  https://youtu.be/OHwHbcyiGOQ

You've ruined my whole gameplay style. You've taken from me the only game I enjoyed playing. And you called it an upgrade. You just slapped me in the face with a huge nerfwang and called it an UPGRADE. Fuuuuck. come on. Help me. Help us. There must be more that feel as I do.

Here are some issues that I'm furious about and hate after 1000 hours and 150 bucks spent on fun things and joyful times, now I hate warframe. Here is why.

1.) No more "vaulting" over obstacles? That animation looked amazing. Why the hell man. Why?

2.) No more jumping backhand springs? (Back+Dodge+Jump) [it'll be in the video clip just wait for the bottom]

3.) No more wall running, now were all god damn bunnies and we look like idiots.

4.) Front flips (Jump+Dodge) Now "fling" you forward an unset amount. Dude it was perfect why even damn change it?! I used to be able to front flip two pillars in the obstacle course at a time. Now it's an unregulated distance that flings me to death or not where I needa go accurately.

5.) Sometimes my first jump is the doublejump animation, it's annoying and stupid. Especially if you are walking down a hill. Because for a second you'll be in the "air" so it considers your first jump a doublejump.

6.) I used to fly through the air like a bad ! and kill b!tchs at normal speed [Once again, in the video clip below] Now I have to go retard slowfall mode? Dude come on. Give me the option to turn off "Aim Glide" or give it a distance above ground limitation so every jump+aim shot I make isn't stupid.

7.) Regular dodging (rolling dodge) has a weird inertia "fling" to it. Before it was smooth, now it's stupid sketchy and sticky feeling.

8.) Movement used to be complicated yet simple in it's own right. It was nearly smooth, realistic to the games universe and looked ninja. Now it's sketchy, looks weird as fukk and isn't smooth or realistic to how the game was at all and is way over-done and you broke moves that were never broken. YOU FIXED MOVES TIL THEY WERE BROKE. YOU NEED TO REVERT!!! REEEVERRRRTTT!!!! You broke perfect moves. Why the hell go back and redo things that were perfect?!?!

9.) Tried the clan dojo obstacle course? Try it with parkour 2.0 you can jump passed everything and it'll be the most unsmoothest movement you've ever done. It straight sucks.Did no one in the testing try the OBSTACLE COURSE with the new movement??? If you can't run the freaking obstacle course smooth then why the hell is it called parkour 2.0 this is just horrible. Come on, it was so close to being a smooth run; now all the moves are "flingy" and #*($%%@ up. Fire that guy who said the movement needed THIS drastic of a change.

10.) I fcking hate what you've done. It saddens me, hurts me. I feel cheated out of what I loved. What I spent 1000 hours and 150 bucks on because I enjoyed, now upsets me down to my very soul. I used to tell everybody knew to try it; now i'll just be ashamed to mention it to anyone.

Look: https://youtu.be/5wEtmc8VfMI Thats smooth gameplay. That's how the game is suppose to run. The wall running near the end could be less glitchy, but now  everything "fun" in that video has been taken from me. You've ruined my gameplay.

Here is another video of smooth gameplay that is no longer an ingame possibility because stupid aimglide, weird inertia fling added to rolls, and no more jumping backhand springs over enemies heads then cutting their heads off.:  https://youtu.be/OHwHbcyiGOQ

You've ruined my whole gameplay style. You've taken from me the only game I enjoyed playing. And you called it an upgrade. You just slapped me in the face with a huge nerfwang and called it an UPGRADE. Fuuuuck. come on. Help me. Help us. There must be more that feel as I do.

Well they can`t please evryone can they ?