[Boss Revamp Concept] Ambulas Re-Lored And Reworked

FoxFX

Welcome to a boss rework concept. In this concept, we are reworking and repurposing the MOA of Pluto: Ambulas. In this concept, I aim to make this boss more lethal against players especially in the upcoming Parkour 2.0 as well as introduce neat tricks none of the bosses we have now can do.

Lore of Revamped Ambulas

After the failed attempt during the Operation False Profit, Nef Anyo makes his next move. With stolen Cephalon technology, he reforms the Ambulas Corpus proxy. With a new lighter, larger, and more powerful form, the con artist plans to sell the newly modified Ambulas to the most gullible but dangerous of buyers.

The use of stolen Cephalon technology used this way, however, does not bode well with the community of constructs and namely infuriates the likes of Cephalon Simaris and Cephalon Ordis. Lotus, after receiving intel of its newfound capabilities, has considered the new Ambulas to be too dangerous of a weapon system and must be dealt with swiftly.

The new Ambulas is being stored in Pluto guarded by Nef Anyo’s crewmen. Lotus gives you the mission to destroy the new Ambulas to thwart Nef Anyo’s scheme again and to prevent the weapon system delivered to the wrong hands.

The New Ambulas Boss Fight and Mechanics

ZGSdAcY.jpg

Abilities

• STOMP COMBO: Ambulas stomps on the ground 1-3 times randomly causing shockwaves across the floor similar to the Shockwave MOAs

• JUMP STOMP: Ambulas can now leap across the area and jump attempting to land on any player in its landing causing high Blast damage (Finisher damage if hit directly under its feet)

• ULTIMATE ATTACK (QUAKE STOMP): Ambulas jumps in midair and levitates for a few seconds before stomping with both feet on the floor shaking the entire game screen. This attack will hit any player on the floor and wall with repetitive damage. While landing, the quakes continue till 2-3 seconds dealing high IMPACT damage per second. After the stomp, Ambulas delays for around 5 seconds upon impact.

• HOMING UNIXUM ORBS: Ambulas fires several slow homing orbs from its left-side device that explode upon contact dealing Magnetic Damage

• SOL CANNON: Ambulas fires a huge beam in a line that deals high HEAT damage and leaves a trail of fire in its path.

• CRYO ORB: Ambulas shoots several orbs of Cold energy from its right-side device that homes in and deals high COLD damage and proc. The Cold proc from this attack is longer than ususal.

Strategy to fight new Ambulas

Ambulas is much bigger making him easier to hit, but does possess a sturdier frame. In addition, all of its attacks are much more lethal than before. Its main objective is to get players to the ground so it can squash Tenno beneath its heel.

This boss fight comes with a “Right Device Integrity “and a “Left Device Integrity” bar which shows how strong it’s two side-devices are to use its ranged attack. Attacking the wings will do almost ½ the expected damage to Ambulas, but also lowers the amount of projectiles of Homing Orb and Cryo Orb. Over time, the Integrity bars regenerate over time.

Despite its size, Ambulas is quite fast can reach a player within less than a few seconds. In regard to its ultimate stomp attack, it is important to be in midair during the quakes of his Ultimate Stomp Attack.

Event Opening the New Ambulas

(In a later date, I will post an event which leads to the introduction of the new Ambulas)

Updated Reward:

Defeating Ambulas rewards you with a Rare Channeling Mod:

After-Image

Mod Type: Melee Weapon Mod

Polarity: Madura

Energy Cost: 9/10/11/12

While Channeling, Melee attacks creates an after image (making an effect similar to a gun’s Multi-Hit). The after image deals 30%/40%/50%/60% of the total damage. The After image contributes to the Melee Combo Counter. Channeling efficiency of 100%/110%/120%/130%.

Leave comments and suggestions. Check out my profile to see other Fan Concepts and keep an eye out for quotes for this boss as well as an explanation for an event for it.

Love the idea; I hope all bosses get reworked at some point. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the mod. I'm not a big user of channeling and that's why I wouldn't use it. It does seem like a good deal if that's what you're into. I would even buff the damage to 80%. At higher levels melee becomes declawed kitten paws and this could be a way to actually help it along. Question: would the additional damage be total after the channeling buff is applied or just the weapon damage? Say you are hitting with 100 damage pre channel and you get a 200% buff to 200 damage, would the after image hit with 60% of the 100 or the 200?

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Love the idea; I hope all bosses get reworked at some point. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the mod. I'm not a big user of channeling and that's why I wouldn't use it. It does seem like a good deal if that's what you're into. I would even buff the damage to 80%. At higher levels melee becomes declawed kitten paws and this could be a way to actually help it along. Question: would the additional damage be total after the channeling buff is applied or just the weapon damage? Say you are hitting with 100 damage pre channel and you get a 200% buff to 200 damage, would the after image hit with 60% of the 100 or the 200?

Total after the Channeling Buff is applied

That looks a whole lot like Metal Gear RAY.

009671.jpg

Lol,

I used the image of the Raptor and Ambulas with some Gammacor imagery to make it, but I never expected it to resemble this MG Boss

This is a awesome concept. The lore is cool. If it does come out, I hope it'll be a great challenge then the crappy ambulas. Oh, does it drop Excailbur parts?

The Abilites remind me of jackal. But it's fine. Maybe it should be a different color and 1.5x the speed of the shock wave.

Edited by (PS4)IJayPwnsYou

This is a awesome concept. The lore is cool. If it does come out, I hope it'll be a great challenge then the crappy ambulas. Oh, does it drop Excailbur parts?

The Abilites remind me of jackal. But it's fine. Maybe it should be a different color and 1.5x the speed of the shock wave.

It will still drop Excalibur parts.

As for its abilities, I wanted to make a stomp attack that is actually dangerous. When you see Shockwave MOAs ready to attack, players instinctively just move far away to avoid the knockdown. But with this new Stomp attack this Ambulas does, it shakes the entire map. Thismean any players on the floor and walls of the area will get hit by this thing.

I did this in anticipation of the spoilers of Parkour 2.0 where midair tactics are starting to become possible. Just imagine dodging that earth-shaking stomp attack with a slowed-down midair attack.

I've always fancied the idea of bringing back Arn Etina - the first boss of Pluto - to be the creator of Ambulas, with the ultimate target actually being HIM (you can hack into his security bunker after bringing Ambulas down to kill him), but more Neffy is always a good thing.

Overall, the idea's pretty cool. I'm sick to death of Moas, but I can deal with it. Kinda would like to see more of an Excalibur-theme behind it, though. Have you considered an ability where it hunker down and releases Exalted Blade-like waves of energy players have to dodge?

Edited by Morec0

I've always fancied the idea of bringing back Arn Etina - the first boss of Pluto - to be the creator of Ambulas, with the ultimate target actually being HIM (you can hack into his security bunker after bringing Ambulas down to kill him), but more Neffy is always a good thing.

Overall, the idea's pretty cool. I'm sick to death of Moas, but I can deal with it. Kinda would like to see more of an Excalibur-theme behind it, though. Have you considered an ability where it hunker down and releases Exalted Blade-like waves of energy players have to dodge?

Well the stomps of Ambulas was suppose to signify the melee theme, but if I could, I would add in a bladed MOA variant one day.

Overall I support this idea. But Ambulus kicks. He needs at least one kick! Lol.

I've always fancied the idea of bringing back Arn Etina - the first boss of Pluto - to be the creator of Ambulas, with the ultimate target actually being HIM (you can hack into his security bunker after bringing Ambulas down to kill him), but more Neffy is always a good thing

I remember reading about the original Pluto boss concept. I forgot the name was different, but I do remember that it had the appearance of Darvo before the asset was repurposed.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Overall I support this idea. But Ambulus kicks. He needs at least one kick! Lol.

I remember reading about the original Pluto boss concept. I forgot the name was different, but I do remember that it had the appearance of Darvo before the asset was repurposed.

We could make this Ambulas's kicks knock off players form clinging the wall...XD.

I remember the boss Arn Etina. He was never shown in action, but DE gave him the image of Darvo. However, the real boss in Pluto was a MOA as well. After Update 6 or so, they removed the name Arn Etina and gave his image to the Darvo we know.

Corpus enemies need in my opinion as many characters as Grineer has (ones that are human-like and that aren't robots). The time will come when I'll use the name Arn Etina for a new boss.

There is a lot of love for John Prodman huh?

I'm still waiting on him to

1) Get a LOT less silly name

2) Replace Harvester as the Corpus Assassin so there's less of a weird lore timelapse going on there.

I'm still waiting on him to

1) Get a LOT less silly name

2) Replace Harvester as the Corpus Assassin so there's less of a weird lore timelapse going on there.

You mean becuase a party member could proc Harvester before another party member has run the Alad V Assasination/Hunt For Alad V?

Or becuase Harvester still hunts Tenno, possibly for Alad V?

If the latter, I just assumed the project was continued by others, hence the Hyena pack.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

You mean becuase a party member could proc Harvester before another party member has run the Alad V Assasination/Hunt For Alad V?

Or becuase Harvester still hunts Tenno, possibly for Alad V?

If the latter, I just assumed the project was continued by others, hence the Hyena pack.

That uninfested Alad V sends you transmissions during the attack, even post-Patient Zero and the like.

Well so far, the ruling Corpus enemy in the game is Nef Anyo. I was kinda wondering if maybe he can replace Alad V as the Harvester's owner or something (since it is possible he would steal it for some scheme).

I'm still trying to see the possibilities of another Corpus human-like enemy to add in besides the Anyos

I'm still trying to see the possibilities of another Corpus human-like enemy to add in besides the Anyos

Well Bek's bound to become a problem sooner or later, I've already put in my vouch for Arn Etina, and there's a whole SLEW of potential Corpus Board fiends to pull from.

Well Bek's bound to become a problem sooner or later, I've already put in my vouch for Arn Etina, and there's a whole SLEW of potential Corpus Board fiends to pull from.

Well then, lets hope DE unleashes that potential sooner. Right now Nef Anyo hasn't really done much drastic. It has been Mutalist Alad V being now part of the Infested and Tyl Regor and Hek inflicting havoc.

Well then, lets hope DE unleashes that potential sooner. Right now Nef Anyo hasn't really done much drastic. It has been Mutalist Alad V being now part of the Infested and Tyl Regor and Hek inflicting havoc.

The problem is that the Corpus generally aren't interested in going toe-to-toe with the Tenno. Frohd Bek's pretty much Chairman of the board by now, and he's got a very "don't F*** with them" policy, that seems to be emulated by most everyone else in the Corpus. The only reason we even seem to be targeting them IS that they'll sell powerful tech to anyone so long as they have money.

I'm hoping that Nef Anyo will break that mold. That he'll get away after our assassination attempt on him and become a Vay Hek-style reoccuring villain. Being the seeming head of a sect of the Corpus religion he could draw in funding from his followers - meaning he's not at risk of the Board cutting his funding like what doomed Alad V in Gradivus - and if we kill his son (if Derf is still set to be a part of the encounter) then he'll have a personal vendetta against us to drive him to actively seek us out and attack us.

Spoiler Fan Concept

[Relay Revamp]

In the works, I am doing a couple of Relay Revamp Concepts where we not only repair relays in the star system, but based on which Relays are active in which planet, several benefits come with it.

Be sure to stay tuned and keep an eye out on my profile.