Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy System 1.5 (Don't Worry No Cooldowns)

Lord-KEK

I think that's one of the best energy rework suggestion and I gave an upvote, but. I feel it's too big — I feel it will put game's balance in a complete chaos. Like you said yourself, enemy scaling has to be rebalanced. With that our weapons' damage has to be rebalanced — it means most of damage mods have to rebalanced. A lot of warframe mods would need tweaks. So, your energy rework would turn into Damage 3.0 + Mods 3.0 + Energy 2.0.

So, while I like it, I absolutely cannot see that happen.

Except those probably should happen, too. Mods are a solid progression system disguised as a customization system, and once you pull back that silky veil, lo and behold there's very little of the wacky Borderlands'y modding fun Modding could have and which destiny kinda has with its bubble-punching perk system (and any edge we can get over Molestiny we take it). Damage has this problem where shield scaling and armor scaling are incredibly different, and so armor scales up a lot faster, so you'll always build for Corrosive and never ever Magnetic, and on top of that Physical Damage, a thing which is supposed to be balanced, has an obvious hierarchy of Impact-Puncture-Slash both in effectiveness against a variety of factions and the nature of their procs. I'd say if we have to drop a nuclear bomb, then we drop a big nuclear bomb.

I've got to ask, what's wrong with ability spam?

I can go play 2.356.123.684.234.267.134.618 space marine shooter games if I want gunplay, I come to warframe for fun with abilities.

Yeah, but sometimes ability-spam goes out of control. Draco, for example. Is Draco fun? Not really, but you do it because the game demands it in a lot of ways. Draco's a prime example of things like ability spam gone horribly wrong IMO. Edited by S.T.M.P.D

I don't know if it's been said already, but proposal 1 balances the game even more towards AoE weapons vs Snipers.  Think a single Tonkor shot vs a single sniper shot.  You'd have to at least patchwork in a +energy for headshot kills if you wanted to go that route, and that leaves low clip shotguns feeling off.  

This is another unrelated brainstorm, but you keep emphasizing that powers cannot regain energy on kill.  However, some people want to mage it up.  Why not have a few powers (mainly 1s and 2s) that break this rule.  The two powers that come immediately to mind are Fireball and Shock. 

Edit: Thinking on perma CC a bit, something that I'd want to see what it looks is adding negative efficiency scaling onto some powers.  Without tweaks to energy pads, it's trading in power for in-game money, but I'd wonder how people would take a carrot approach instead of a stick approach to calming down on ability spam.

-well thats related to weapon balance, yes some adjustments have to be made

-exeptions can exist via Augment mods

-i dont understand that concept please, elaborate

I've got to ask, what's wrong with ability spam?

I can go play 2.356.123.684.234.267.134.618 space marine shooter games if I want gunplay, I come to warframe for fun with abilities.

it makes the game borring, nuff said

Your idea is fundamentally flawed. Powers are what make Warframe fun.  If you just play it like a standard shooter then the game is sub-par. If anything, players should be able to use abilities more without having to spam pies.

Players should automatically get energy for every weapon kill but not  for power kills that way you can use powers more often, but shooting is also promoted. That way people are more likely to take advantage of all of their tools.  So for every enemy your team kills, you get 10 energy, meaning that you can use an ultimate after every 10 regular kills.

Your idea is fundamentally flawed. Powers are what make Warframe fun.  If you just play it like a standard shooter then the game is sub-par. If anything, players should be able to use abilities more without having to spam pies.

Players should automatically get energy for every weapon kill but not  for power kills that way you can use powers more often, but shooting is also promoted. That way people are more likely to take advantage of all of their tools.  So for every enemy your team kills, you get 10 energy, meaning that you can use an ultimate after every 10 regular kills.

did you read my op more carefuly? becasue thats exactly my point

did you read my op more carefuly? becasue thats exactly my point

This is the part I am taking issue with:

"Energy is to easy and too quickly gained, either via Energy vamp, restores and/or orbs. this enables afk spamming."

I am suggesting you get energy from kills in addition to Energy Vamp and restores.  You think energy should be more scarce; I think it should be more plentiful.  See the difference?

A change to Energy Siphon to restore energy per kill for the whole team is good. Like some people stated Warframe is fun because of the use of abilities, if you dont like it nobody is forcing you to play it.

The OP idea is an unnecesary change overhaul (about the energy and efficiency things), what OP wants is a classic MMORPG mana system, thats boring for me like its boring for OP to "spam abilities".

There are some changes that would make the game better for not having to "spam abilities" all the missions on high levels, and that is just the need to balance the progression in stats of the enemies and to make a balance of damage that Player guns make (things that have been stated DE is trying to figure out how to implement it). Some of these changes are also mentioned in the OP, but i dont get it why there is a need to change the energy and efficiency. Changing some skills energy value would be good too, but the complete overhaul of the energy system seems pointless to me.