The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Folks Who Don't Speed Run

Torcularis

Call me grumpy, but it's getting right irritating that every time I find a group, it's inevitably populated by folks who blaze through the entire mission like it's Sonic the fraggin' Hedgehog, and by the time I find my way out of a room, they're half way across the map and I'm left high and dry left to do nothing but try and catch up. It's not a problem in Defense or Survival missions, but much else and I just feel like a fifth wheel!

I like to scrounge for loot, and I tend to get major sensory overload if I'm asked to do things faster than humanly possible. I guess I'm crazy, but I like to take my time so as to not get mentally drained from something I'm doing to merely pass the time.

Now that I've got my jimmies adequately unrustled, I'd really like to find some folks who don't Shift+W+M1 the entire mission, maybe some people who actually communicate? Might be nice. May feel like I'm actually playing with a human instead of an overly-aggressive bot that comes with simulated 400 ping.

Can't blame people for wanting to finish up as quickly as possible. When you've played the game for some hundred hours, you stop caring about the resources lying around, and the chests and lockers and such. All you'll want is the reward at the end of the mission.

I've ticked off people many times 'cause I like to take my time most of the time. I do a fair amount of solo missions just to explore, especially when it's a simple extermination mission. I enjoy looking at the art, you can say. Music is nice too.

What Cyborg said. Having almost (? Or even more, haven't checked in a while) 1000 hours of gameplay. Playing this game more than 1 1/2 years. You will experience how boring and tiresome this game gets... Especially you are overfarmed with resources and "all the way dropping by mods".

For the type of gameplay "taking my time" are syndicate related missions. Otherwise, rush rush but don't hush. Over and over again.

Well, you might have some companions post-U16.X.X...

What am I talking about, you are asking? Coptering (mother of rushing skill) will be removed entirely. So this will slow down those fools, but hey... They might figure out the parkour quite fast in, in which turn you might lack and fall back as well.

I only rush some things in some situations. Captures because there isn't much to do in them otherwise. Exterminates if REALLY pressed for time, otherwise I won't. Sabotages... only because I've done them so often, I've basically memorized every last spawn location and can hunt caches in any state short of falling-over asleep. Even then, though, I'm only moderately fast unless it's Volt Prime (who comes out on Sab runs, and when I'm itching to shred everything with melee).

But if someone asks me not to, I won't, and will gladly take the next half hour exploring every hidden niche in a mission, because that's honestly my preferred playstyle and I hate being left behind by the Super Sanics just as much. (I just wish it were more rewarding for the effort.) Syndicate missions are fantastic for that, but even regular missions are sometimes worth it (when RNGesus is feeling super nice and makes the boxes actually drop potatoes or neurodes).

So, hit me up - inconsistent hours, but I'm on a lot of the time - if you want some chill missions.

I only rush some things in some situations. Captures because there isn't much to do in them otherwise. Exterminates if REALLY pressed for time, otherwise I won't. Sabotages... only because I've done them so often, I've basically memorized every last spawn location and can hunt caches in any state short of falling-over asleep. Even then, though, I'm only moderately fast unless it's Volt Prime (who comes out on Sab runs, and when I'm itching to shred everything with melee).

But if someone asks me not to, I won't, and will gladly take the next half hour exploring every hidden niche in a mission, because that's honestly my preferred playstyle and I hate being left behind by the Super Sanics just as much. (I just wish it were more rewarding for the effort.) Syndicate missions are fantastic for that, but even regular missions are sometimes worth it (when RNGesus is feeling super nice and makes the boxes actually drop potatoes or neurodes).

So, hit me up - inconsistent hours, but I'm on a lot of the time - if you want some chill missions.

May do. Perhaps I'll set a text macro on one of my totally unused G keys that I'll just make a habit of pressing to politely ask any PUG I get into to not Super Sanic things.

Hey there!Looks like I just found a person who is like me! :) I take time in almost every missions,checking every chest and lockers,stealth scanning enemies,if possible(hacking consoles whenever they are alarmed),checking back to every place after shredding the enemies(will have to start speeding up,once I need to farm something),...........anyways,fell free to add me as a friend,but I warn you,I'm only mastery rank 2,so if thats ok,then cheers! ;)

ok so, this post has been here for quite some time, but no one still seems to be replying. I've been playing for over 1500 hours, and I'd like to feel up these kinds of runs again. The "take your time" runs. Add me in-game buddy, and let's kill time together, we'll duo if we have to, if you don't mind. My ign is DeeRoz

Call me grumpy, but it's getting right irritating that every time I find a group, it's inevitably populated by folks who blaze through the entire mission like it's Sonic the fraggin' Hedgehog, and by the time I find my way out of a room, they're half way across the map and I'm left high and dry left to do nothing but try and catch up. It's not a problem in Defense or Survival missions, but much else and I just feel like a fifth wheel!

I like to scrounge for loot, and I tend to get major sensory overload if I'm asked to do things faster than humanly possible. I guess I'm crazy, but I like to take my time so as to not get mentally drained from something I'm doing to merely pass the time.

Now that I've got my jimmies adequately unrustled, I'd really like to find some folks who don't Shift+W+M1 the entire mission, maybe some people who actually communicate? Might be nice. May feel like I'm actually playing with a human instead of an overly-aggressive bot that comes with simulated 400 ping.

I was just about to start a thread because I feel EXACTLY the same way...sure maybe once I´ve played 10000 hours I wont care so much but I would like to take my time...explore a bit or at least enjoy actually aiming at the bad guys instead of just rushing rushing rushing...(of course the fastest runners always get the most kills cuz they get there first) So I end up tagging along..and killing very few enemies...(too bad if I actually get stuck trying to make a jump by the time I get to the hot killing zones everyone is dead :S ) So I then I play by myself but sometimes in some missions...its not that easy (especially when you are guarding some stuff and you have enemies coming from all directions)...SO would love if we could play together... I usually play evenings ( European time GMT +2) :)