Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Dont Know How To Delete This Post

Yuilogy

Well, it's kinda obvious that Zephyr revolts around her Turbulence, as this is one of the best anti-projectile defence skill that can be enhanced to give speed and safe shelter to other players, and her other skills are not that flashy... Still I like her the way she is and do not want to change anything

Edited by d3me

Aside from Tail Bomb, which is mostly just QoL changes, I don't think most of these changes are really necessary. Tornado seems like it's been significantly nerfed, and Vacuum seems mostly unnecessary, lacking synergy or logic behind its existence.

If you're looking for an ability to replace Dive Bomb, here's an idea that makes sense with the rest of Zephyr's kit:

New 2nd ability: Soar

Cost/activation: Toggle-able, drains 5 energy/sec (decreased by power efficiency)

Effect: Zephyr's passive gravity decrease is strengthened by 20/30/40/50% (increased by power strength). While airborne, enemies (with both hitscan and projectile weapons) target Zephyr 5/15/25/35% (increased by power strength and current speed) less accurately. Also vastly increases Zephyr's air control speed.

This ability both keeps Zephyr in the air, allows her to be more mobile while in the air, and increases her survivability while in the air. This ability makes it both possible and beneficial for Zephyr to stay in the air for long periods of time. The idea behind this ability is to encourage a whole new playstyle out of Zephyr that's much closer to the developers' original vision; one in which Zephyr is most effective when airborne.

Something to keep in mind is that merging Tail Wind and Dive Bomb without sacrificing anything is nearly impossible. Literally every single possibility for it that I've come up with has somehow made Dive Bombing more difficult or less responsive or somehow worse than it is currently. I still wholeheartedly support merging the two abilities, but working out the fine details is a slippery slope. 

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Just becaus frost and excal get reworks doesn't mean every frame needs one really stop with these threads learn how to play the Warframe instead of coming on the forums and giving us new abilitys for a rework

zephyr is fine tail wind had mobility dive bomb knocks down enemys turbulence is one of the best defensive skills and tornado has great cc

When you said Zephyr doesn't do enough cc, that made no sense. Zephyr has tornadoes and dive bomb with heavy impact. Besides, you don't need damage or Cc to be viable. In the end, defending yourself is more important, and Zephyr is a goddess at defending herself. Valkyr doesn't have cc or damage, but she's viable.

I think she should stay the same way that she is currently, but I do however like one change you mentioned, the combination of tail wind and dive bomb. If something like that were to happen, I think that a proper replacement for her that would work decently with her already fairly balanced kit, would be a choke point skill. Wind Wall. You could cast it, and it would affect a 3/4/5 M radius( maybe scalable with range) for 15/20/25 seconds, toggleable, and works sort of like a cannon (would scale with power strength), with an effect similar to turbulence, but instead of deflecting bullets, it more makes them innacurate or slows them down. If an enemy were to touch the wall, it would blast them away, slingshotting them out of the wall, and away (which is where the power strength comes in). 

But the magic is that if an ally was  moving into it, it would not affect them, but if they are moving in the direction it sling shots enemies, it would burst them forward in the direction they were aiming. Bam, Defensive, with an ability to share mobility with allies, similar to wormhole. 

Aside from Tail Bomb, which is mostly just QoL changes, I don't think most of these changes are really necessary. Tornado seems like it's been significantly nerfed, and Vacuum seems mostly unnecessary, lacking synergy or logic behind its existence.

If you're looking for an ability to replace Dive Bomb, here's an idea that makes sense with the rest of Zephyr's kit:

Something to keep in mind is that merging Tail Wind and Dive Bomb without sacrificing anything is nearly impossible. Literally every single possibility for it that I've come up with has somehow made Dive Bombing more difficult or less responsive or somehow worse than it is currently. I still wholeheartedly support merging the two abilities, but working out the fine details is a slippery slope. 

the way I imagine it is that it would still function like tailwind, but if you hit a floor during its flight, it would automatically use tail bomb's effect. In a sense, you would actually be able to use tail bomb, but aim it, come in at an angle, instead of having to be straight above your target. Additionally, I would think that, like air melee function today, if you aimed at the ground, you would activate the dive bomb effect rather than the normal tail wind. it would speed up the travel speed, like how dive bomb works now. Need it to dive straight down like before? perhaps pressing the crouch or dodge button while activating could be a key input for the straight down variant. 

Edited by dmkrodan

the way I imagine it is that it would still function like tailwind, but if you hit a floor during its flight, it would automatically use tail bomb's effect. In a sense, you would actually be able to use tail bomb, but aim it, come in at an angle, instead of having to be straight above your target. Additionally, I would think that, like air melee function today, if you aimed at the ground, you would activate the dive bomb effect rather than the normal tail wind. it would speed up the travel speed, like how dive bomb works now. Need it to dive straight down like before? perhaps pressing the crouch or dodge button while activating could be a key input for the straight down variant. 

First of all, Dive Bomb can be activated at any point during Tail Wind to cancel out of it. For any Tail Bomb ideas whatsoever to be successful, Tail Wind would have to be changed to allow you to Tail Wind again in another direction while Tail Winding. Crouch can also be used to cancel out of Tail Wind without Dive Bombing, so the crouch key should be left alone, but using the dodge, jump, or sprint key for the straight down version of Dive Bomb should work.

The one problem I see with this is that Tail Wind is frequently used to slide along the ground, and instantly losing all momentum as soon as you touch the ground would be pretty terrible. This can be solved by making it so that you need to be looking more than 45 degrees downwards for Dive Bomb to have the potential of activating.

Other than those points, it's a great implementation.

Tornado Ragdolling everything around and applying Status is what makes it so awesome. :|

your 'Implosion' Ability doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. why exactly, would Zephyr want to cluster Enemies closer together to her?

she has defense against Ranged Attacks, and the obvious merge of Tail Wind and Dive Bomb means she already has a Tool to get Enemies further away from her.

i don't know why i'd want to cluster Enemies together. sure, it's useful for cheesing the game and Killing 40 Enemies in less than a second, but that's not good for Game Balance in the first place.

rather than replacing Tornado entirely, you can have another Ability and Tornado at the same time, instead of an Implosion.

something that was too rich for the blood of the Zephyr Augment Thread:

5hun83a.png

note that that's written as an Augment, which is why it said replace. in the grand scheme of things, i don't see why to not just have it as well as Tornado.

-snip-

you've just suggested that Dive Bomb is an excellent Ability as is, and is reliable, and worth your time to use.

when it isn't. not as it's own Ability. it doesn't do enough to be an Ability.

i'd recommend you yourself use Zephyr more often. it should be obvious why merging Tail Wind and Dive Bomb is something that pretty much everyone agrees on.

it's a similar situation as Radial Blast and Rhino Stomp. each one on it's own is okay, but are much better together. and reinforce the theme much better.

Valkyr doesn't have CC

Paralysis :)

which is either a lot of Damage (easy Finishers), or buckets of CC with Prolonged Paralysis.

(And War Cry's slow technically counts as CC)

I don't know what direction you've went with these abilities, but there is no need in that vacuum. DE probably should add this pulling effect to the existing ability, which they already did, but through an augment. This was also considered in my topic that I started recently: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/492407-zephyr-thread/

If you want Zephyr to have changes, you'd better follow and participate in more popular topic than just creating another one.

Edited by Enchillado