Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Syndicate Sigil Takes 14 Steps, Which Is Terrible

PublikDomain

There are far too many steps (14) involved in changing syndicate sigils.

There are many options and areas for improvement, for example a generic "syndicate sigil" like the Stratos Emblem. This could be placed/colored and then the desired syndicate sigil could be chosen from the Syndicate panel. When chosen, the desired sigil replaces the generic sigil on all frames that have the generic sigil.

By replacing syndicate sigils with a generic version you can reduce sigil clutter in that godawful sigil window. Some additional sorting options would also be nice. You also don't need to change your sigil on every frame every time you decide to support your second or third syndicate.

Current process:

Esc
Equipment (or walk to arsenal, press X)
Arsenal
Warframe
Appearance
Regalia
Front/Back Sigil
Front/Back Sigil (again)
Scroll to find sigil
Double click
Esc
Esc

Esc
Esc

Desired process:

Walk to Syndicate panel (it's already right next to Navigation)

Press X

Press the Support button on desired Syndicate banner

Select a Sigil

Esc

I just rarely use the sigils and just do the dailies for rep :P

But when i did swap my sigils, i just made the abc tabs for my frame be exactly the same but with different sigils

~edit

Or just choose alt equip(A,B,C) with 1 click 

ninja'd

also, who counts multiple esc presses as multiple steps?
Edited by Pie_mastyr

But when i did swap my sigils, i just made the abc tabs for my frame be exactly the same but with different sigils

Or just choose alt equip(A,B,C) with 1 click 

My appearance slots are for different appearances, not different Syndicates, and I use them as such. Even if I used my appearance slots as a bandaid for poor UX, I've still got 3 frames I use to do my dailies which means every time I want to switch from Spy to Defense, for example, I've probably got to go through this process (which is still in this case 8 steps).

also, who counts multiple esc presses as multiple steps?

I could replace the Esc with Close or Exit UI button mouse clicks if you'd like. My point still stands, I've got to go into a menu, enter another menu, and dig in 5 layers every time I want to select a different sigil, and then I have to get out of this menu by jamming the Esc key a bunch of times.

I keep forgetting that other people aren't as thematic as I am. I choose two syndicates. My warframe either supports that syndicate or it doesn't. It either wears their sigil, all the time, or it never does.

I dunno, guess loyalty saves time.

Edited by hammerheathen

You'll be ok. It only takes all of, what, ten seconds?

I timed it at 15 seconds for Perrin, 17 seconds for Hexis (which is further towards the bottom of the menu) and I'm not sure how long it takes on Xbox. Mind you, that's per frame, and I own 23 frames, and I play a good quarter of those regularly. If I wanted to change my support for all of my frames, which I did recently by switching from Veil/Loka to Hexis/Perrin, that would take me a little over 6 minutes to do all my frames, maybe 9 minutes or so that if I wanted to set it up using Appearance slots. What I've suggested would take maybe 7 seconds and would go across all frames (which, interestingly enough, is how long it took me to switch an appearance using the appearance slots for a single frame).

It's bad UX, why are you guys defending it? I really don't understand why anyone would be against improving the usability of the menus.

The point is, why change something that doesn't need to be changed. Why must you change every warframe you own to wear one Sigil? Just take the warframe you want for said mission, take the time to mod correctly for said mission and then change your Sigil. It really isn't that hard. I doubt that any action would be taken on this request, however, I will agree with you that it wouldn't be a BAD thing. It just seems so pointless to go through all that trouble of rewritting and making code for something that takes just a few moments to do. 

Edit: unless, of course, you want standing for said Syndicate by wearing the same Sigil on each warframe. THAT would make more sense. Just seems pointless to put it on EVERY single warframe you own. Are you REALLY going to be using every one you have over the course of a days' standing?

Edited by (XB1)xXx STR1FE xXx

Exactly how often are you switching Syndicate support anyways that this really matters? Most of the people I know only switch maybe once every few days.

Sometimes I like damage numbers on, sometimes I like them off. That takes a while to switch around and you don't see me complaining.

The reason people who do all or most of the Syndicate missions choose between different frames is because all frames are not suited to all situations. You might only use Loki all the time, but some people prefer to switch between frames depending on the type of mission. So therefore it is quite logical that a person would want to change sigils - say there is 1 spy mission per Syndicate (I work for 3) each spy mission requires you wear the applicable Syndicates Sigil. That would go for the other mission types as well. You have to change the Sigil each time, per faction, per frame. Oh and if you lie conclave, there's a sigil for that too. (Well Conclave is more or less a set and forget, so really a non-factor - unles you want to change frames for conclave).

A simple solution would be to either

A) Get rid of the need for Sigils altogether - once you sign up and initiate the game will treat you as if you are a member automatically.

B) Allow us to wear all allied Sigils.  perhaps have Allied Sigils to  represent close allies like Perin and Loka, so you don't have to bounce between wearing one or the other.

C) Let us change Sigils at the Sigil interface on the ship. (Not saying it will be easy, but its an idea...) Like so:

RopC80o.png

No, terrible UI is the problem here. I remember the old UI very very good. It was intuitive, fast and compact. Not nested like the current one.

Hear, hear. Sadly, the devs have explicitly said that usability will be thrown out of the window when pointless theatrics are at stake: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263785-new-ui-feedback-from-uiux-designer-visually-nicer-slower-to-use-more-clicks-to-do-the-same-task/page-11#entry3089833