Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Your Heading Down A Bad Road Losing That F2P Vibe.

ChaotikDreamz

I'm not sure if you know how F2P games work...reading your rant it is fair to assume you don't.  The developers need some kind of revenue in order to pay for things like employees.  Which is why almost, if not every F2P game has a cash shop and they all usually follow the same strategy of 'Well you can work for this or you can buy it right away.'  This is just how it works.

To some extent. From my experiences with F2P games, higher prices are actually more profitable. I thought it was odd that they were always just outside of the range I was willing to spend, but despite all the complaints and stuff, the devs never seem to make it any cheaper. It turns out that this model just makes more money because of the people who spend a lot (i.e. not you or I).

I'll refrain from judgment, of course. At least for the time being.

I have the Master package so they have my money already, but what they're doing with the platinum market is discouraging me from spending. That said, they won't get a penny from me again because I'll just save up my plat and ditch this game aside till more content pops up. But from the looks of things, DE has a habit of hiding content behind a brick load of inconvenience and a brick load of platinum. My supporter's remorse is kicking in.

Edited by Pisirk

I have the Master package so they have my money already, but what they're doing with the platinum market is discouraging me from spending. That said, they won't get a penny from me again because I'll just save up my plat and ditch this game aside till more content pops up. 

Which is precisely what I mean. Even though you've spent and I haven't, that doesn't change the fact that the prices are discouraging us from spending.

It is a bit odd, though, because the incremental purchases such as with mobile apps seem to be a similar type of model, yet work on a very different price point.

I can still access and/or make everything in the game. (Aside from color palettes, ofc.) Personally, I like the road they're taking.

I will only agree with the OP when getting certain materials for certain items becomes literally impossible.

Which is precisely what I mean. Even though you've spent and I haven't, that doesn't change the fact that the prices are discouraging us from spending.

It is a bit odd, though, because the incremental purchases such as with mobile apps seem to be a similar type of model, yet work on a very different price point.

Yes now that you mention the mobile apps, I can recall my first reaction. Meh. The effort the devs put into those games seems to be more on how to milk the cash out of people than the game itself. 

This whole model is based on stretching a small amount of game content by adding time restrains to the point that people think it's frustrating but not ridiculous. And giving them the option to cash-in only to see what little content is left. These type of models usually are not worth the money Content per dollar.

Edited by Pisirk

Clan key 12hours to make a stupid key

Void keys

Forma new

You havent waited for stuff that long already, havent you?

Void keys are special. You either have the luck to get them, or the money to avoid the waiting. Like the frames already have. Nothing new

Forma: same here. Drops like frames with a bit of luck. Nothing esential. give you polarity, but isnt a must have either since you played all the time without this system.

well, you think they are a charity organization or something?

Profit is their primary goal and I see no problem with the current system. 

If you just want to play games without paying any money, do not complain.

I see no point on why they should consider your opinion when you are not a potential customer, with the only exception that you actively promote this game to your other friends who have the potential to actually spend money in the game.

I see no point on why they should consider your opinion when you are not a potential customer, with the only exception that you actively promote this game to your other friends who have the potential to actually spend money in the game.

Nobody said anything about not paying. Plus, paying customer or not if the playerbase is reduced to squats don't think the paying customer are going to keep playing either.

Who's not gonna spend any further money on this game because of this bullocks? This guy right here. You know who's also gonna warn any friends who might be new comers away from this game until it becomes less bullocks? That very same guy.

This cuts both ways, they need to make money, that's understood. But going to absurd lengths to get that money will shift things in the opposite direction.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer

Sigh, I played a little and started building everything and I wanted to go look at stuff and farm a little and a few other things.

Then I realized that I would get farm as I played as I worked with the new weapons, and I would see things eventually and working for keys and the stalker isn't worth bothering to farm or work for just themselves. So I stopped. And now I am thinking.

"If it feels like the end result is pretty much the same if you play or do not, there may be something wrong here."

Then I thought about the forma and the keys, and then I asked why content is being barred like this to the point of un-acessability; not because of skill or work, but because of RNG and money. No game I've played of any real relevancy has been that exclusive to cut out whole sections of content to privileged players; players of equal standing with many others time wise and effort wise.

I then I looked at the prices, including the pack, and I found the price of it to be $50 or so? For some colors and some weapons that are attached to some low RNG. Nice.

This is starting to remind me of a few games I've played in my time, and they are called "time sinks." It's not inherently a bad thing, especially if the work has purpose to yourself, but when the purpose is such that your enjoyment is truly determined by your wallet or your luck or you are actually being excluded from playing with others, priveleged or no; you are not a game I'm having fun with if I notice these things.

I paid my dues in games. I put the money into them and I usually did so expecting a good return. The same with my time.

I like this game a lot, even if it's gotten somewhat boring, and even if the new update (pretty awesome) isn't the content that I wanted and the game needed. I was Dis-illusioned with update 7 and update 8 is helping but not by much. I'm seriously questioning the point if all they are doing is adding to a grind and making pretty levels that I can't even access in a reasonable manner, even from a monetary standpoint.

An unoriginal quote

Fool me once; I'm mad.

Fool me twice; how could you?

Fool me three times; you're officially "that guy."

Edited by Fjarri

God there really needs to be a downvote button in these forums. You are entitled to nothing if you don't pay. You pay, you get stuff quickly, you don't you have to wait and get a lucky alert/drop/ or spend the time to grind it out. Hell even the grind in this game is minimal to many others on the market. The only huge grind I've seen is the new clan areas and that is for your entire clan to do. I've seen much more ridiculous free to play models, gamersfirst anyone? I used to mod for a game that had gun rentals... you had a few base weapons and then if you wanted the statistically superior stuff you had to shell out cash for 15-60 day rentals. You didn't get the guns for life. THAT, is money grubbing.

This is basic keep the electricity on, a roof over our heads, and staff to produce more content economics. God forbid anyone get paid for their time and work right? Who here would volunteer to take a pay cut at work by telling their boss they feel like they are being "money grubbing"? If you answered yes to that question you are either a lying hypocrite, a child who doesn't know the value of time and money, or someone who already makes significantly more than they need. If that's the case, why haven't you asked for a pay cut already?

Edited by Crazygnome

Op was rambling, not very concise and has poor grammar, but I agree. Previously, if I wanted something, I could do X, Y, and Z and eventually acquire it. Farm a boss, or do missions on certain systems, etc. Now, more and more things are becoming random. That's pay-to-win at it's finest, anyway you look at it. It doesn't bother me a whole lot though, as this is not a very competitive game. For now anyway.

ablublublublublu paydadevs

Since you regurgitated an argument already made in this topic, it is required to regurgitate one back at you!

FIRE THE REGURGITATION BEAM!

This cuts both ways, they need to make money, that's understood. But going to absurd lengths to get that money will shift things in the opposite direction.

Since you regurgitated an argument already made in this topic, it is required to regurgitate one back at you!

FIRE THE REGURGITATION BEAM!

As I stated, their f2p model is not absurd. It's actually pretty fair considering a lot of the other f2p models out on the market in the last couple years. My post is still valid.

Would I buy more things from the store if it was cheaper? yes probably. But instead I buy the cheap stuff and farm out everything else.

Edited by Crazygnome

As I stated, their f2p model is not absurd. It's actually pretty fair considering a lot of the other f2p models out on the market in the last couple years. My post is still valid.

"I'm gonna ignore your opinion and act as if what I think is fact."

But inflammatory summaries aside, what is fine for you is not fine for others. You're ignoring the fact that people do find it bullocks, and as such will be driven away from the game and will warn their friends away from the game. It's inevitable you're gonna get that no matter what, but there is a point where it gets too much and the game dies as a result.

Oh, and a logical fallacy that you're using that many people fall prey to. Just because something was worse does not mean this system isn't bad. This line of thinking is equal to thinking "Stealing isn't wrong because murder is worse!"

THE ONLY viable argument is if the items cannot be found and ONLY purchased using real money - this is NOT the case with Warframe, everything can be RNG dropped.....and i love that - it literally makes the entire game Free to pay - the PAID for options are only for those that cannot wait for or do not wish to farm.

to not farm kind of ruins the game tbh....outside of farming there is not much else to do....buying it all is actually hindering your game experience, i'd recommend you do the grind - but the fantastic thing about the game is that it doesn't feel like a grind, it needs more maps and enemies, but this will happen in time, its still in beta FFS.......

Edited by MBvideo

Would I buy more things from the store if it was cheaper? yes probably. But instead I buy the cheap stuff and farm out everything else.

There is nothing called an absurd f2p model, unless you essentially HAVE to pay to play. It's all subjective and if people have a problem with bussiness practices of a company and their ideals and methods with their products, they have a right to talk about it and voice their opinions, even if they are morons or whiny.

Now my opinion of this f2p model is : cut the prices in half and watch the money roll in. If this was the case, I'd consider buying the stalker pack thing and I would be ok with the clan dojo "sink" or "drain" or whatever, but DE leaves things like they are and doesn't give me content that I find value in for the prices they put forth, but also restrict content based upon my play and my willingness to pay for transient goods. I'm not down for that, and I know of others who think the same.

Edited by Fjarri

I don't think the devs have "betrayed us all", but I do think their current platinum pricing scheme needs to be overhauled.  I'm never going to buy weapons for more than $10 a pop (same with warframes being $15-20).  It's just not going to happen, no matter how much I like a game or the company developing it.  The Stalker package is insanely expensive, and I can't fathom anyone other than a grandmaster with lots of spare platinum to burn picking it up. 

I really do think that the devs are encuraging people to avoid using platinum by having really high prices. 

I don't think the devs have "betrayed us all", but I do think their current platinum pricing scheme needs to be overhauled.  I'm never going to buy weapons for more than $10 a pop (same with warframes being $15-20).  It's just not going to happen, no matter how much I like a game or the company developing it.  The Stalker package is insanely expensive, and I can't fathom anyone other than a grandmaster with lots of spare platinum to burn picking it up. 

I really do think that the devs are encuraging people to avoid using platinum by having really high prices. 

This I agree with, pricing for stuff works best in the 2-6 dollar mark. I think all these people complaining about rng and things you have to grind out in game are entitled and wrong. This is not charity work, it's a free to play game. If you can play it for free, then they held up their end of the bargain. Right now I spend all my plat on things under 100 plat each. Color schemes, orokin mods, slots. Why? I get the most bang for my buck. Grinding the game just allows me to play it longer.

I completely disagree with OP while it is true that this is a F2P game they still need to make money and as much of it as possible. They've been able to do it though very well with a non-freemium, more pay for instant access type business model. If you don't have 12 hours of time to sit around waiting for something to build support the game monetarily and rush it. Stop with the complaints people and for once just say "thank you DEs" and be happy with "good" updates instead of looking so hard to find things wrong with them. I've played enough MMOs to truthfully say that DE is going in the right path with this game and and i for one and proud to be apart of the journey

Stop with the complaints people and for once just say "thank you DEs" and be happy with "good" updates instead of looking so hard to find things wrong with them.

And if we don't think that this update is all that good? Are we supposed to shut up and give no feedback? Granted the Grinner Ship looks purdy, but there's quite a bit to not love.