Improvements To Marketplace

Iv'e heard rumor of a Auction house trading system on Warframe. Sellers would have the option to place there desired items on the bidding market while buyers would have the option to bid it out. Does anyone have any news or information about this? This would make trading a breeze!

Edit:

Changing thread title from "ANY NEWS ON THE RUMORED AUCTION HOUSE TRADING SYSTEM?" to "Improvements to Marketplace"

My findings and conclusions can be found on Page 8, post #160 https://forums.warfr...g-system/page-8

Edited by (PS4)ChaoticChaos

DE have basically said that its something they will think about, but it will require abit of work and will be unlikely to happen soon.

Well I hope DE can say something about this system, because the Trading Tab is terrible.

It's all it is, a rumor.

Rather, I recall seeing a thread some time ago wanting a system that is very much alike to an auction house. No real input from DE on it, aside from some UI upgrades in the future.

Well maybe DE will see this thread and say something.

Why? So you guys can keep overpricing things, and never pay a $1 on Warframe?

Have you seen what auction houses do to games all those cheap mods could all rise to 50p each because people want more plat

Lots of people appear to hate the idea of a convenient transparent market. Competetive buy/sell prices can be so hard on the poor hustlers. 

It's like why waste a whole day trying to sell something on the Trading Tab? I'd rather list a prime item for 1p and watch it rise through a 1-7 day period and then come back on to my pain free earnings!

Auction houses kill economies and kill games. Say no to auction house system in Warframe.

The only news I want to hear about this rumor is that it's just that- a rumor. If everyone could list parts forever it would NOT make buying and selling easier- it would make it IMPOSSIBLE

Have you seen what auction houses do to games all those cheap mods could all rise to 50p each because people want more plat

I'm not saying the Auction house should be the only way to trade, but I think the Auction house would actually work in reverse of what you are saying. The idea would be to set your items low, and watch the Auction house do it's magic. If you feel you don't want to pay for an item that is overpriced, then by all means don't bid on it. I understand people will shill bid, but that is on any form of auction these days. Of course DE could add shill bidding being restricted on there terms of service.

+1

Is that a reply even? -_-

Auction houses kill economies and kill games. Say no to auction house system in Warframe.

No, auction house would make the trading easier and everyone would find what they need.

Such addition to the game would make a great improvement to the trading system, I'm all for it.

Edited by Raniu

This reminds me of Spiral Knights. They have an auction house system where you place something and people place bids on it. 

To be honest though, I would much prefer a system similar to the one in a game called Vindictus.

In that game there is a market and you list something for up to 10 days at whatever price you want. Go away and come back later to profit.

EDIT: Forget to mention that Vindictus' marketboard isn't the only way to trade. You can also trade through MAIL (something that we almost have in the form of gifts) and in Spiral Knights there is a trade system VERY similar to that of Warframe's except there's no limit, trade tax and we can trade much more than just 4 flipping items.

So compared to other games I've played, Warframe's trading system is very poor.

Edited by Keybopsef

The only news I want to hear about this rumor is that it's just that- a rumor. If everyone could list parts forever it would NOT make buying and selling easier- it would make it IMPOSSIBLE

I understand that you feel it will ruin a game, but that doesn't make much sense. This rather sounds like emotions and opinions rather than facts. As a buyer I am allowed to bid freely and earn a item vs trying to spam a Trading Tab and being trolled and ignored. I can understand that people may be objectionable to this rumor/idea, but seriously it would make ease for buyers. Not to mention,  it is a trade system, not the only form of trading. I would assume you could still trade normally, but the action house is just a bonus for the people who just don't feel like dealing with trolls and overpricing arrogant sellers.

Edited by (PS4)ChaoticChaos

No, auction house would make the trading easier and everyone would find what they need.

Such addition to the game would make a great improvement to the trading system, I'm all for it.

This is exactly why I was curious is there was any news on this idea! The whole idea is to stop spaming WTS - WTS - WTS -WTS and let the WTB's get what they need easier! It's so hard dealing with overpriced sellers, let alone trolls!

I sure hope make an AH, or at least something similar to an AH.

Trading in this game is extremely inconvenient.  "Archaic" is another accurate adjective.

Agreed!

I'm not saying the Auction house should be the only way to trade, but I think the Auction house would actually work in reverse of what you are saying. The idea would be to set your items low, and watch the Auction house do it's magic. If you feel you don't want to pay for an item that is overpriced, then by all means don't bid on it. I understand people will shill bid, but that is on any form of auction these days. Of course DE could add shill bidding being restricted on there terms of service.

That's what we'd hope for but you know there will always be those who abuse it