The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Still Stuck On The Ancient Disruptors. Screw U8 Topics.

Hayden11121

F*** upgrades.

F*** mods.

F*** the dojo.

F*** clans.

F*** defense.

F*** Vauban.

F*** snipetron.

F*** all this new stuff.

I still think that Ancient Disruptors taking all energy is outrageous. Then leaving you stunned, being stunned is fine.

But all your energy is harsh.

If you do 200 energy *as a loki* with a 150% flow mod you get 450 energy. Boom, all gone because an ancient cheap shotted you.

Or, even better. A toxic ancient doesn't poision you on ranged hit, why do disruptors disrupt? I think them charging should be the only viable solution *if any* for draining all of your energy.

How about setting an amount they steal per hit? Like 50? Because I spam more decoys with no energy mods in defense missions then people with Flow and everything set up because they waist so much energy being hit by disruptors.

Can we get some answer to this?

I am tired of fearing for energy's life every time I see a disruptor. Do something to make it less terrible and miserable.

I've never understood all this disrupter hate. 

Its a hard enemy, it adds something interesting to the game. I like the terror I feel when I see one, the feel that 'S#&$ just got real'.

I don't know maybe I'm alone on this but I like things that make the game more difficult. Its not impossible to avoid the attack, its not like when the disrupter sees you or enter the field you suddenly lose all your energy. It can suck, but I think that's part of the fun.  

Its one of the few enemies I really FEAR in this game, and I think if a creature in a game can invoke an actual feeling out of me, then its a doing a pretty good job of immersing the player in the game. 

I've never understood all this disrupter hate. 

Its a hard enemy, it adds something interesting to the game. I like the terror I feel when I see one, the feel that 'S#&$ just got real'.

I don't know maybe I'm alone on this but I like things that make the game more difficult. Its not impossible to avoid the attack, its not like when the disrupter sees you or enter the field you suddenly lose all your energy. It can suck, but I think that's part of the fun.  

Its one of the few enemies I really FEAR in this game, and I think if a creature in a game can invoke an actual feeling out of me, then its a doing a pretty good job of immersing the player in the game. 

I totally agree! They're big and terrifying, I love that in my minibosses!

The Answer is: Working as intended.

Learn to dodge. Game is currently far to easy and having something that really can mess things up a bit is awesome!

Yup, you won't get very far in any shooter without learning to shoot while moving.

Also, any ground smashing weapon (hit space then E) will knock down nearby baddies. They can't hurt you while they are down.

I always thought the Ancient Disruptors were fine, but then I played a mission where I encountered four Disruptors and about six Ancient Healers.  It was awful.  I was getting smacked all over the place, and I could even keep track of the Disruptors.  If this is the new trend then perhaps Disruptors could get nerfed.  Maybe....

I ideally would like to see the spawn rates reduced for all Ancients, so only about one is encountered at a time, but the Ancients are actually given a buff.  This would force players to decide which is more threatening: the mob of chargers or the single Ancient amoung them.  I always invisioned the Ancients as scary minibosses not run of the mill infested, but when I start encountering more ancients then chargers, I start to worry.

• 3 weeks later...

Disruptors i can handle somewhat. The real problem with the infested right now are the healers. Their healing occurs too often, and each heal returns a lot of health. Another thing that seriously needs to be fixed is the range of their heal. I just finished a match and what I encountered was this. I was in a room with no healers and i see a swarm of chargers, I start fighting them when i notice they start getting healed when no healer is in sight. I think the ancient healer's heal should only apply to infested right next them and healers should not heal each other.

My only issues with these things are that their attacks aren't able to be dodged, if you roll or run to a different spot, they will hit you. They also have way too many abilities. They drain your shield, your energy, and cause your entire screen to go all crazy for 5 or so seconds. I'm perfectly fine losing my shield, that's fair. Losing all your energy is a bit much though. I say they should take 75-100 at very most. When you have 2 or 3 Disruptors next to you, there is no good way of dodging or fighting back due to the constant knockdown and fuzzy screen. We have no real way of fighting back or getting enough time to stun them so we can retreat to a safer distance. If anything, at least make them so they aren't 99.9999999% accurate. Make them so they miss a bit more often and/or lower the range on their attack. I just think they are nowhere near on par with any other uncommon mob in the game and that they either need to be toned down a tad so they are on par with other uncommons.

I do think the other ancients are where they need to be, but the Disruptors have too many abilities and they need a slight rework. Nothing major, just a very slight tweak.

When I see red, I make sure its dead.

I got no probs with them myself. However if they really need tweaking I think they should drain your shield and if the set amount of dmg exceeds your shields, whats left is taken out of your energy.

F*** upgrades.

F*** mods.

F*** the dojo.

F*** clans.

F*** defense.

F*** Vauban.

F*** snipetron.

F*** all this new stuff.

I still think that Ancient Disruptors taking all energy is outrageous. Then leaving you stunned, being stunned is fine.

But all your energy is harsh.

If you do 200 energy *as a loki* with a 150% flow mod you get 450 energy. Boom, all gone because an ancient cheap shotted you.

Or, even better. A toxic ancient doesn't poision you on ranged hit, why do disruptors disrupt? I think them charging should be the only viable solution *if any* for draining all of your energy.

How about setting an amount they steal per hit? Like 50? Because I spam more decoys with no energy mods in defense missions then people with Flow and everything set up because they waist so much energy being hit by disruptors.

Can we get some answer to this?

I am tired of fearing for energy's life every time I see a disruptor. Do something to make it less terrible and miserable.

I feel your pain here, I really do. We had a Xini mission go really bad yesterday because of two Distruptors. We were doing so well and then out of nowhere, my teammates Nyx got shafted and he didn't have enough energy to pull off a Chaos which meant that they went after their intended target, the pod. So they're swarming me (I'm playing Rhino) and I can't output enough DPS to hold them off. Then I get caught by a distuptor and my shields are down and I get killed. Mission failed.

Now, your reaction is the same as before, they're cheap right? Well actually....

*rewinds the tape*

Our Nyx got oneshotted because it was looking for mods and disregarding the main objective. Said Nyx also thought taking a chance to roam about without backup was a good idea. In a defense map, with Disruptors. See the problem?

Meanwhile, our beautiful Rhino standing valiantly at the Pod was packing a Boar and a Gram and a couple of very underleveled Vipers without magazine extensions or extra ammo pool. Sure, with the Boar and the Gram, he would be more than a match, but of course he wasn't highly leveled and thus when his shields went down, he was about as resilient as a piece of paper. Oh and he wasn't packing iron skin either which could have saved him or at least allowed him to survive long enough to be able to AoE some enemies with the Gram.

Conclusion: Disruptors only kick your &#! because you're letting them.

Yeah, it's kinda stupid that they can take out all 990 of my shields in 1 hit, when even the stronger bosses like Lech Kril (or even Stalker) can't do that with 2 entire COMBOS.

Edited by Aeshi

I would be fine with ancients as they are if not for certain things: bullS#&$ spawning mechanics (too many in one spot, spawning out of thin air while you are capturing a target and S#&$ like that), lack of audio cues when one is charging you from your blindspot after spawning out of satans arse, autohit (you cloak and move out the way yet still get hit)

I would be fine with ancients as they are if not for certain things: bullS#&$ spawning mechanics (too many in one spot, spawning out of thin air while you are capturing a target and S#&$ like that), lack of audio cues when one is charging you from your blindspot after spawning out of satans arse, autohit (you cloak and move out the way yet still get hit)

i agree with an audio cue, like a cry or roar, before they are charging forward and storm us from the corner of nowhere.

Edited by chithwe

All I'd change about Disruptors is their sneakiness. They need to make more noise. Perhaps give them an audio cue to let the player know that there is a disruption attack coming. They also seem to be able to heal themselves (or is it the Ancient healer 2 rooms back doing it?), which is a bit too much of an advantage for them.

Personally I'd like all the Infested have easily distinguishable attack/charge/idle noises and howls so I could know what to expect. From the lore I got the impression that the Infested are animalistic creatures, but also suffering in their grotesquely deformed and degenerated mortal shells. I feel they should behave like it. Right now I feel I am fighting angry dogs and random inebriated guys in Halloween costumes. :P

Other than that, Disruptors seem to be fine. You just need to keep moving, either to the side, or in and out of its range to avoid most of their ranged attacks. It is really not that hard once you get used to it. Also, a reasonably fast melee weapon with a stun mod/innate stagger can keep it stunlocked and effectively allows your teammates to take care of the additional enemies while you finish it off. Also, an AOE slam works wonders too, but be careful with the ground execute when there are a lot of enemies around as it is slow and can get you surrounded with enemies.

So long as we're all sharing. I feel like the Ancients are too nimble. I mean, when those clunckers charge they're really fast, which I can accept, but why are they able to turn on a dime like that? You think that a sharp turn would be enough to shake one off your tail. Instead I find myself abusing pathfinding, which I feel is a bit cheap.