Map Updating

DesssertStorm

Hi guys,
I played a lot of warframe in the last nine months, I think its about 300 hours of play, not much. My big problem is that, as I noticed there are four types of maps. Grineer, corpus, infected and orokin or void. Yes, I can confirm that there are a bunch of rooms of all map types. I am not sure about this part, let's say there are x rooms, and the map is generated while we are on loading screen, from those x rooms randomly. But once you have played a decent amount of hours with this game, it can get boring, if I know all the rooms. I have seen that they are making new ones, especially in the void, but those are just so rare, My suggestion is to make a whole big map for every planet, from those rooms, and also updating them with some new ones. I think warframe would be much better with a concrete, contigous map for all planets, and maybe there could be some new quest as well, which lead through them.

This is my opinion, be sure to add yours, or just ask if it wasn't clear,

DesssertStorm

all these tiles are drawn individually and with great detail. i too would love a sandbox but i know unless it was skyrim big minimum it would get more repetitive that the tiles at least switching places. im all for a huge world map but i know it takes de a while to draw these tiles, and so if they even have the idea of larger 'solid' maps we would not see it for a while to say the least...like soon^2

If you're suggesting pre-made maps instead of randomly generated levels, that's been suggested plenty of times, and it's pretty clear people don't want it. It'd get boring even faster than repetitive tiles. 

Also, "four types of maps"? Four different faction based maps perhaps, but each faction has several tilesets. If you count the differing archwing and tenno tilesets, there are twenty total.

They are still working on more tilesets for different planets. Eris and Europa are the last ones to have got their own environment and the Uranus sealabs one is being worked on right now.

There are definitely more than four tilesets...

Earth Jungle

Grineer Asteroid

Grineer Galleon

Grineer Shipyard

Arid Desert

(Underwater Labs)

Corpus Ship

Gas City

Snowy planet

Corpus Ice

Eris Infestation

Orokin Derelict

Orokin Towers

Edited by Kthal

Thank you, tileset. I know there are more than four, but not those factions are the main point in it. Yes, its boring to have all those pre-made maps, but you cant tell me that it isnt boring now! even after some time spent in this game its so predictable what is coming. I just want something new in the game.

Thank you, tileset. I know there are more than four, but not those factions are the main point in it. Yes, its boring to have all those pre-made maps, but you cant tell me that it isnt boring now! even after some time spent in this game its so predictable what is coming. I just want something new in the game.

Well we have a new enemy faction coming quite soon, and they'll probably bring a new tileset with them. 

New things in the game can only be brought by adding new content. I'm not saying it doesn't get boring already, but making things even more stale by making less things change doesn't exactly help. Making tilesets static and unchanging will make them even more predictable and boring to go through.

I do think the tileset generation needs work though. Too many rooms are repeated, which grows tiring quickly.

Edited by Spobbles

The problem with big premade maps for each planet is the filesize (will be VERY problematic in loading). Premade full maps will only fun at the first time, and it'll go boring even faster than the pseudoRNG, procedural generated, tileset maps since the limitation of variety available on premade maps, no matter how big they made it.

It'll be only 'new' for a moment, but then it'll be just 'the same old maps'. At least tileset maps had their layouts and variety (partly) randomized. And what Spobbles said is true:

New things in the game can only be brought by adding new content. I'm not saying it doesn't get boring already, but making things even more stale by making less things change doesn't exactly help. Making tilesets static and unchanging will make them even more predictable and boring to go through.

I do think the tileset generation needs work though. Too many rooms are repeated, which grows tiring quickly.

Edited by Athros

I can see your point, maybe this way it would be even ore boring. I am just trying to find a way to freshen this game. I think there should also be some sneaking gamemodes, based on sneaking. Because going into a spy mission with Loki, using a 30 sec invisibility is not sneaking. 
But I would be really happy if they could make some new tilesets.

I can see your point, maybe this way it would be even ore boring. I am just trying to find a way to freshen this game. I think there should also be some sneaking gamemodes, based on sneaking. Because going into a spy mission with Loki, using a 30 sec invisibility is not sneaking. 

Well you're in luck, that Uranus sealabs tileset should be coming real' soon! It's already in the game in Uranus alert missions.

Yes. And YES. :D

The current gameplay doesn't really accomodates stealth, and most of the forum agreed on it. DE already made it on their list, but possibly not on their top priority for now.

More tilesets, more variety, more area to explore and to obliterate enemies on :).