Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding Ogma Elite Tac Alert

(XBOX)ZDragonLord X

Question

I was just wondering if there was a stratos challenge for doing this alert. My archwing isn't the best in the world, let's face it people rarely use them, and I was debating in just skipping the alert completely. However, I have finished all alerts so far (minus phoenix as I was not home...) and collect the stratos emblems.

Basically: does the Ogma Tac alert give a stratos emblem and how is it achieved?

Thanks,

ZDL

17 answers to this question

I've been reading some PC threads from back in March, both here and on Reddit, and the consensus seemed to be that while no Stratos emblem is awarded, you will still gain an additional mark (i.e. increase in number) on the Stratos emblem you already own.  If someone knows this to be inaccurate, please chime in.

Reading some posts about it, it's guaranteed R5's though. Lots of them. And lots of affinity to rank up weapons. 

It's also 4 rounds of tedious arcwing interception per 5 core pack. 

I'm not saying to not do it, but cores that you have to work that hard for and affinity that only benefits your AW gear are not exactly great selling points.

Ok, thanks for the info.

It's sounding like there is no new emblem awarded, but possibly able to gain a rank on the current one.

Through some experimenting I have found you can kill Ogmas and fail the mission and still keep your score. Good to know as most of my clan, me included, do not have the ability to go all 4 waves. We tried... burned 2-3 revives each, lol, but managed to do it.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to get to 300 and see if my emblem changes. If someone gets there first and can 100% confirm it, do let us know!

It is confusing to say the emblem changes. Every five, or six ranks the symbol for the numeric value changes. Allowing for single digits to be added to it again. So their was one for 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, etc. (think Roman numerals).

on PC, I imagine they will get the new symbol for 15-20 in their next tactical alert. Console is only upto 14.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Basically: does the Ogma Tac alert give a stratos emblem and how is it achieved?

No, it does not give a Stratos Emblem.

In addition the alert is pretty easy, and you can be carried as well. I'm not sure what your setup is but you can just Melee everything and be fine. You  gain points by defeating the Ogma Elite (large units) that appear in the mission. Over the multiple missions you play the total number you've defeated accumulates which results in the rewards.

Edited by Lightsmith

I guess I'm just not explaining this well. I give up.

Lol, thanks for trying though.

As for the emblem, I have an update. I completed the event and my emblem has not changed. The few people that ran it with me had the same outcome, no change.

Well, mine definitely changed when i finished the TA.

I'm not entirely sure it will give you a Stratos if you don't own it though.

As above, it may just be our bad luck on console, or our luck in general. Strange if yors changed and not ours, was it on PC you noticed it? May just be a bug on one side or another. Either way, we did not notice a change.

I will wait and see if it changes in time, but for now, there is no stratos upgrade upon completion for us.

I will wait and see if it changes in time, but for now, there is no stratos upgrade upon completion for us.

Hmmm.

If you have done every past TA that might be the case.

Iirc on PC too people who had the max Stratos rank did not get an update because it wasn't ready or something...

Finally updated. The Stratos emblem DOES update for completing the Tac Alert.

Before:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/0a4fed41-0cff-46fa-a0ec-936e7660f27f?gamerTag=ZDragonLord%20X&scid=a2b70100-d7d8-4f43-8a59-dd4a5862cd7c

After:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/f7bf5ba9-17e7-4535-bd34-e2c164dd70be?gamerTag=ZDragonLord%20X&scid=a2b70100-d7d8-4f43-8a59-dd4a5862cd7c

(Not going to place pics here as they are huge, links to them instead).

Thanks for the feedback guys.