Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Void Drop Tables.

TrouNoir

Even if we completely rule out getting unranked bronze and silver cores multiple times in a row as just really bad RNG, we still have the problems of unranked gold cores appearing where they shouldn't and Forma being in the C rotation drop tables.

1 - they're not Unranked. they're fully Ranked. so they're just Fusion Cores as you'd expect to get as a Reward.

2 - being in the pool at all isn't the end of the world... but taking up the majority of your sample sizes with the same reward over, and over, and over.... that's awful.

getting Fusion Cores or Forma/Blueprints in any Reward pool once in a while isn't awful. it's only awful if those or some random Prime Part is basically the only thing you get, repeat after repeat. it feels lame.

1 - they're not Unranked. they're fully Ranked. so they're just Fusion Cores as you'd expect to get as a Reward.

2 - being in the pool at all isn't the end of the world... but taking up the majority of your sample sizes with the same reward over, and over, and over.... that's awful.

getting Fusion Cores or Forma/Blueprints in any Reward pool once in a while isn't awful. it's only awful if those or some random Prime Part is basically the only thing you get, repeat after repeat. it feels lame.

It was fine before, but since the Ash release I really feel like something has gone wrong in the drop tables. 

After having a look around, I can't find any unranked gold cores in my inventory, nor can the people I played with, so I think we can rule that out as a UI bug as was already suggested.

They're still showing up in strange places though. 

We should definitely be getting Forma and Cores on A and B rotation, but I think they're misbehaving.

This is interesting. Last week I was running a T4 and I remember getting 5 Rank1 Silver fusion cores on one of the rotations. It wasnt a cache drop. My entire squad was like wtf?

I was gonna look in to it cause it seemed a bit ridiculous but then I thought "anything is possible in void drops" and just moved on.

Ill ask some of the peeps I run with if they remember the T4 key, and ill take a screenshot if I see it again.

This happened before, with the release of Rhino Prime (I think). Drop tables were so diluted that DE stepped in and tweaked them after release.

At that time, it was nowhere near this bad.

That's when the rule "No single Prime part or blueprint will drop in more than two locations" was implemented. It no longer applies.

That sounds like an AWESOME rule to have. Too bad it's not followed anymore.

And yeah, this is WAAAAY worse than the Rhino Prime screw up. It's also different in that it's not getting fixed, as far as I can tell.

We've been telling the dev's about the void drop tables for more than half a year now, Rebecca knows what's up, and I can't imagine she enjoys it very much. But since most of the developers don't even play this game, or when they do, they cheat and give themselves things (looking at you Sheldon), we've gotten to our current state.

Last time I saw it brought up to Sheldon he laughed it off, I mean I understand that a certain amount of farming is necessary for a free to play game like Warframe, but the drop tables are slowly turning back into the S#&$ they were when forma had a sub 1% chance of dropping. Ever since then they've encrypted the drop tables, except the couple times they forgot to. We know the drop rates are terrible, and even when we knew the exact drop rates, people got in trouble for posting them to the forums. 

Frankly, don't expect this to get better, Sheldon's "exploding the void" is probably only going to make it worse, since he's the one in charge of the void tables we can lay the blame for all of the changes which have made farming even harder at his feet. Re-nigging on the guaranteed prime part in rotation C and adding Forma BPs, Sheldon's fault. Reduction in R5 core pack drop rates, Sheldon's fault. The increasingly poor distribution of prime parts throughout the void, Sheldon's fault. He's in charge of it, he's had half a year to fix it, the players have suggested many ways of dealing with the issue, Sheldon's best idea? Send some prime stuff into the "vault" so we can continue on with more of the same far as drop rates go. It's his fault and it's not going to get fixed, it's working as intended.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have problems with the drop tables and feel there is an issue, then it might be worth noting to document your experiences with screenshots logs and any other documentation that you can provide, in order to be as thorough as possible, and have the others involved inform the developer responsible for the drop tables, DE_Sheldon.  Although in my experience what you are experiencing is a typical example of the weighted drop tables having rewards bearing the drop chances Sheldon decided upon.

If you feel this indeed a real problem, then I believe it's within his job duties to address and at least look into the issue, as it would greatly impact players.  Given the experiences I have had with DE's support, issues generally tend to get resolved much more quickly than any other MMO I've been on in the past.

Good luck, I hope that you can get your issue resolved in a timely manner.