Ducat Value Reductions Are Getting A Bit Out Of Hand

Jukantos

So when the 30-ducats pricetag was first introduced, (in addition to the 10, 20 and 50) i was kinda excited because it'd allow for slightly more targeted ducat-farming, for example through the odonata systems in T1 surv while just chilling out in random frames.

But then things started to change. Drastically. Now, not even 2 months later, it feels like 75% of the 50-ducat items have seen a price reduction to 30, 20 and in most cases 10 ducats. Remember how the void trader had to be slowed down because people were forced to grind too much to keep up with him? it's getting to that point again, only now i find myself racing against the clock to even get enough ducats scapped together in time.

Additionally, his prices have gone up, partially harshly. Where some of his weapons used to cost 350 and 410 ducats, now we've seen some items come out at 610 ducats.

How is an average player supposed to keep up with that? And furthermore, if these price changes keep escalating, are we really coming to a point where you have to trade in 30-60 prime items? Each standing for easily at least 5 minutes of mission time not mentioning potential forma, orokin cells, cores or keydrops?

I'm barely managing to keep up with baro's releases anymore, and unlike the first time i was getting in trouble its not because he's on a quick schedule with tons of awesome new gear, but rather because im having trouble scraping together the ducats despite pretty much always already owning at least two items he has with him.

Especially seeing these prices changes not show up in patchnotes leaves quite the sour taste. Please stop nerfing everything that has a higher than 2% droprate down from 50 ducats to 10, 20 and 30. Even the Bo Handle which moved from T4 Ext (single item key) to T4 MD (single item key, slower runs) saw a price reduction from 50 to 30, despite still being an extensively rare item.

Please return some of the 10 ducat items back to 20 ducats, in particular the ones that drop from single-item keys. Getting the 37th sicarus barrel knowing i just blew another T3 ext key (price point ~8p) to get 10 ducats is kinda frustrating. (feel free to check my account, i did have 37 sicarus barrels in the ash release weekend).

Blame Sheldon for dilluted droptables and reduced value of prime items for ducats.

I swear sometimes Sheldon does these things to push players to insane amount of grind.

This is how it works:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/DroppedaBeat/3krgy_zps48ee2b96.jpg~original

OH I KNOW, I LEAVE IT TO SHELDON

http://i.picasion.com/resize76/3b7edb258c69c1b18ded06c16af90749.gif

:/ I wanted to use %7Boption%7D but: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I noticed the same issues.

I swear in the end it always has to be f*cked up after having been improved. I was glad they slowed down with the void trader and then they pull this crap of making items more expensive and nerfing prime items ducat values.

Please stop doing that.

I tried to submit my question to Sheldon for devstream regarding this whole subject of void dilluted droptables, after 4th time asking I gave up, since most of the question that they cherrypick are when we will see X and Y content?

I tried to submit my question to Sheldon for devstream regarding this whole subject of void dilluted droptables, after 4th time asking I gave up, since most of the question that they cherrypick are when we will see X and Y content?

Well people doesnt cary much about changes they want just new new and new stuff -_-. So they just get totally broken game, and then blaiming that the game is sh*t. (Not talking about Warframe, but other games)

Warframe have a lot of broken things, but still its enjoyable, but god thanks that they are changing old stuff slowly. Excal rework, hoping for good Frost rework, parkour 2.0   shotgun buff.

When more people will complain about ducats then Devs will see the problem and then change it.

Ducats and Baro exist to remove as many prime parts as possible so you can't trade them to other players for platinum, thereby making it more likely that you will buy platinum when you need it.

Edited by weezedog

When more people will complain about ducats then Devs will see the problem and then change it.

It took an overwhelmingly toxic outburst which had to flood the devstream chat (while eating bans mind you!) to the point where it became completely unusable to get a reaction out of them in the whole T3 Def Forma Situation and i can't help the feeling that with that exact hotfix my droprates went to sh!t all over the rest of the void xD after that i played 25 T4 Captures with clanmates and we got 14x Forma and 5x 5 Gold Cores, out of one-item T4 keys xD

And now those few items we got are suddenly worth less than 50 ducats as well, despite their rarity (hi there volt BP).

It just feels like every time something can finally be acquired within a reasonable amount of time, it doesn't take 2 weeks and it gets nerfed into frustrating levels of grinding. I had a solid raid group running the NM raid basically every evening and then SUDDENLY SIX DAYS OF NEURODE BLUEPRINTS and noone is even interested in playing the most challenging interesting piece of content in the game anymore, because someone felt the need to add the expressed and likely possibility of getting a complete dud aka ZERO reward in the HARDEST PIECE OF CONTENT IN THE GAME. And those resource blueprints have been complained about to death and back, did anything change? no :D It takes an outburst so massive that the devstream chat becomes unusable despite bans and facebook connect. That's what it seems to take to get a reaction :(

And these are (thankfully) pieces of content that aren't even monetized. You can't buy a "mystery arcane box". You can't buy a "Gold Ducat Bundle". You literally can't. There is absolutely nothing in the deal for DE that justifies this kind of droptable backstabbing, especially on the raid which has a hard cooldown of 22 hours, as opposed to the void which "merely" takes some extra hours of grinding. And those people that used to throw their extra pieces of prime crap on the market for a few pieces of plat to help others who play less fill up their ducats for the next voidtrader? they're GONE :D Try buying prime crap, nobody answers you! People tried selling me 10-ducat items for 20p to trade in xD

I really don't understand why this is happening. It causes negative atmossphere, potential backlash, a negative playing experience when the Xth pack of orokin cells pops up (yay, nr 618, welcome aboard!) and it is not monetized in any way, plus by my understanding it's going to go anyway with the starchart rework. Can we please just get a decent time -> reward relation for the rest of the voids lifespan?

[DE] Sheldon should recieve a 2 week vacation. And in that time on daily basis he should stream himself playing Warframe - Twitch <wink>.

He will have exactly 2 weeks time, before Baro arrives. 2 weeks to farm for keys and prime parts to get ducats for all 3 Baro items.

Starting from average player lvl (bc I don't believe he's got more than MR 10 in global build).

So let's say he will have 40-50 different (in kind of mission and tier) void keys - maybe more if he actually earned them.

To be fair no prime parts he already have should matter - it should be a fresh start from 0 (or at least he shouldn't sell them).

Up to that challenge ? O' dilluting the tables and prices mighty one ?

A4LYZB8.gif

Edited by tocorro