Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy, Immediate Improvement To Non-Endless Missions

BlackCoMerc

What follows is something that I believe will be both:

-Easy to implement, from a technical standpoint, and that 

-Improves non-endless missions significantly, or at least offers drastically increased incentives to run them

Mission Challenges: Select the challenge you want to take on at the beginning of the mission. Then, if you achieved the challenge during the mission, you receive the bonuses from that Challenge. Limit one or two challenges per run.

-Exterminate: 

-"No Ultimates/Warframe Ability" Challenge:

- +5,000 Affinity,

- 50% chance at rare reward (from A or B rotation lists of rank equivalent Survival or Defense missions)

-Weapons Only:

-Weapons Only: No Frame Abilities may be used

- + 10,000 Affinity

- 100% chance of rare reward 

-No alerts

- 5,000 affinity

- 100% chance of rare reward, from rank equivalent Spy 2.0 lists

Deception:

-Get in, Get Out: No Kills

- 5,000 Affinity

- Rare from A/B rotation, rank equivalent

-No Alarms:

-5,000 Affinity

- 100% chance of rare from rank equivalent Spy 2.0 list

-Under 5 Minutes

- 10k affinity

- 50% chance of rare reward

-No Ultimates: NO Ultimate Abilities Used

- 5k affinity

- 50% chance of rare reward (or 10k affinity and no extra reward; Deception is pretty easy as is)

Sabotage:

-No Alerts

- 10,000 affinity

- 100% chance of rare from Spy 2.0 lists

-No Kills:

- 10,000 affinity

- 100% chance of rare reward from Spy 2.0 (this would be hard indeed on Sabotage missions)

-Weapons Only - No Frame Abilities may be used:

- 5,000 affinity

- 50% chance of rare reward

-Under 5 minutes

-10,000 affinity or 

- 5,000 affinity and 100% chance of reward

All Non-Endless Missions:

-No Deaths/Revives:

- 2500 Affinity

-One reward from a list containing 1xR5, 3xR5, 5x R5 Fusion Cores

-Solo Run - (Rank Appropriate Runs Only; Mission must meet or exceed Rank of Frame/Highest Rank Weapon used)

- 1R5 Fusion Core for successful completion of any Non Endless mission in solo mode

- 10% bonus to affinity earned and credits gained at end of mission, for successful solo run

Of Note:

-Player must choose what challenge they intend to meet on beginning the mission (during selection)

-Player, and not the game, is responsible for adhering to self imposed limits to earn a bonus

Lore Reasoning:

As mentioned during mastery test dialogue, a Tenno is just their Warframe. Or their guns. Or their abilities. Or their Ciphers. A Tenno is all of these things, combined with their reflexes, intellect and skill. 

Using these challenges forces Tenno out of their comfort zone and keeps them in practice with all of their tools and weapons. Offering them incentive for doing so makes it more likely Tenno will stay in balance, well trained in a well rounded skill set.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

This would be a very nice addition, so +1

I'm sure similar changes (or a similar method at least) could even be carried over to Void missions as well, potentially giving the non-endless missions another chance at Prime goodies.

perhaps. just note that some of these Challenges overlap on each other, i.e. playing one way will accomplish either. if you can choose more than one Challenge, that would mean you'd get both without any further 'actual Challenge'.

also duly note that these Rewards would be adjusted because in this state some of these are quite Exploitable for SpeedFarming.

perhaps. just note that some of these Challenges overlap on each other, i.e. playing one way will accomplish either. if you can choose more than one Challenge, that would mean you'd get both without any further 'actual Challenge'.

also duly note that these Rewards would be adjusted because in this state some of these are quite Exploitable for SpeedFarming.

This is why I think one Challenge per mission is best. Still easy to speed farm, but then, everything is easy to farm somehow. If that fact reduces grind then...good.

Gonna have to say the timed ones "under 5 minutes" probably shouldn't provide rare rewards, unless we're talking resources like Orokin cells.  Even then, that kind of challenge would have to be reserved to exterminate, or any mission type where the player might actually have to slow down from time to time.  Otherwise, these ideas aren't bad.  I like the idea of players being rewarded for completing missions with stealth.  "No powers" however is easy as f***.  Sorry, I do that all the time.  Effortlessly.