Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Enemy Scaling And Ai Discussion/ Ideas/ Opinions

IvoryTrigger

Warframe is quickly drifting from the tactical, difficult, and fun game it once was to another hack and slash through everything and run as unnecessarily fast as possible one.

Continuing and progressing the theme of... 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/494853-we-need-balance-pros-and-cons-fast-gameplay-possibly-to-fast/#entry5533256

We will discuss exactly what manner of scaling, and AI the enemies may or should be re-equip with as well as other topics.

While others Idea was to remove base damage weapon mods and warframe health mods which would enrage those that worked hard for them , in my opinion was to Elevate the enemies levels but also re-scale the attributes associated with that level for improved difficulty as well as AI, and other ideas such as increasing the population of enemies on a tile as well.

Feel free to go and check the prior thread before continuing to this one is at all but make no assumptions ask questions and try and keep a open mind none of us will always thing the same as everyone else.

I think worst part of enemy scaling is armor. It ridicilous amounts forces you to stack 4 CP if you want do some really high-level content, which both make almost senseless another auras and anti-armor weapons (just stack viral-heat-slash as high, as you can). In addition, armor as form of enemy protection completely overcome shields due of scaling for the point counter-shield (magnetic, toxic, impact) measures bother no one.

I suggest rework of armor for enemies to make it more interesting to play, balanced with shields and, of course, not allowing it make our beloved bombards nuclear missile-proof. Make it not % mitigation, but flat absorb amount, which scales as health and shields do. What difference from shields? Each body-part of armored enemy have separate armor-health, and if you break through chestpiece and then shoot to the head, you still dont do damage to health. Think it as crewman helmet, but with proper scaling.

As for shields, i suggest it to ignore body-parts damage modifiers (which make sense as you shoot some repelling field, not head) for more difference with armor. So when you tactics against armor wil be land precise shots to break one piece an then kill wearer, against shields you just will spray as much bullets on enemy, as you can.

About raw-damage mods, i think they remove completely possible - they can just be compensated with some unique core with 100% power for creditfree fusion and same mod energy as your Serration, Hornet Strike, etc. For the feel of progression, weapon damage can slowly rise with weapon rank. Also i want to suggest some rework of elemental mods for them not be must-have, but i really dont know how it can be done.

As for better AI with enemy level - it will be cool, but i dont think it is possible for DE. I just hope they will add bunch of enemies which needs some strategy (not just straight "shoot until it dies") and has level-dependent spawn rate from "only one at once" to "attack in entire platoons"

Edited by Vovetc

I think the only thing that needs to be reworked with enemy scaling is armor values. its kind of ludicrous that you need to stack 4 CP to just be able cut through the armor. if they can tone that back a bit i think it would be fine. that said, i think sentients may be our first true look at an end game for warframe. heres hoping.

the last time DE took the 'make endgame filled with high level enemies' route, Pluto, Ceres and i think Eris had enemies at level 100+ appearing regularly, and alerts stack +20 levels on top of that.

they were even harder to take down before because Heavies had shields and stuff... i would like to see a rescaling of enemies, but it must not be to the same extent as that dark, dark era, and most importantly, enemies should have their stats adjusted as well. 

seriously, getting 3 shot by a Crewman is cheap, not hard.

As far as re-scale i meant improving / increasing the strengths of the existing level not adding level 100 enemies. And the guy who asked for decrease armor on enemies your in the wrong thread this is on how to make enemies stronger and better.

Every single game I've ever played, the players call for smarter AI.   It hardly ever happens.  Almost invariably, the AI a game has when it ships is the AI it's stuck with.  It's extremely rare for that to change in the life of a game.

We must suppose that good AI, even at a simple level of mobs that act somewhat intelligently in combat, is a really, really hard problem - or that current computers aren't quite up to the job yet.

So that's out - there's almost no point in even asking for it.