Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Healing Mod For Weapons?

Flibbertigibbety

I was thinking it would be an interesting feature to see a mod for your primary and/or secondary weapon that heals other players for a certain amount of damage that would have been done. Yes... sort of like how Maya can heal other players in borderlands 2 by shooting them. The difference would be the sheer variety of different weapon types and mods that would diversify the healing by reversing damage effects into healing effects. Fire damage types could be a heal over time. Electric can do chain heals (explosions as well, I suppose). Same for gas... AOE HOT. Add punchthrough, and you can effectively shoot through your team mates to hit enemies (and vice versa), and even use area effects to damage enemies if they happen to proc on a friendly near an enemy (or heal friendlies when they proc on enemies). Maybe toxin could temp increase health of team mates. Magnetic temp increases max shields. The variety of healing options would be amazing.

I like the idea of a penta heal bomb, add toxic/magnetic and it'll give a health and shield buff... I'd have too much fun with this.

Yeah. I was thinking the exact same thing... penta or ogris for mass AOE heals. They'd have to somehow balance it so you're just not killing badies while friendlies are continuously healed. maybe decrease damage output or something... but still. would be SOOO much fun. Also, ranged heals with snipers would be great. Shotguns could heal multiple friendlies with the pellet spread. So many options. would be a blast. Both literally and figuratively.

Yeah. I was thinking the exact same thing... penta or ogris for mass AOE heals. They'd have to somehow balance it so you're just not killing badies while friendlies are continuously healed. maybe decrease damage output or something... but still. would be SOOO much fun. Also, ranged heals with snipers would be great. Shotguns could heal multiple friendlies with the pellet spread. So many options. would be a blast. Both literally and figuratively.

if they would have to like take out damage 

it better be a corrupted mod 

Yeah... I'd like to see something like the idea itself... no clue how it would be balanced. I just enjoy playing healing classes (trinity and oberon)... and would like to see more diversity there. also use the furis with the healing mod quite a bit. Seems like they're all for healers having options. This seems like it would be a really good one... if balanced well.

wont it kill the purpose of having healing frames ?

Not if it's balanced well enough... healing abilities on frames can be pretty powerful. If these are much less, it would still be viable. plus, not everyone would want to sacrifice a mod slot (and potentially damage output) for the sake of healing. Healing frames are very good at what they do.

I've also come to realize that this game is less about what's "cool" and more about what's "fun". damage output is hardly balanced with all the different mods... but who cares. It's FUN to play. This would simply add more to the fun.

Plus, the same could be said for the mods that heal players... the one for melee and the one for the furis. Plus... from what I would think, a mod such as what I'm suggesting would not actually heal YOU. Only other players.

And what about weapons with insane dps? The way it works for the Furis augment is it's only 20% of the measly damage it does. 

A universal lifesteal mod for primaries wouldn't work much because you have weapons like the Boltor Prime and the Soma and the Hek and- you get the point.

Everyone would be immortal unlike the Rage + Life Strike combo as that actually requires you to take some risks and get up in their faces.

Cool idea though.

Edited by Keybopsef

The concept could be balanced through a variety of different ways... maybe make the mod weapon specific (like the furis' mod). I'd much rather see something that works across the board, but balancing would be much more difficult in that case. They could make it weapon type specific... so the mod does something a bit different for different weapons (shotgun, sniper, explosive, rifles, etc). That would help with balancing, while adding diversity between weapon classes.

It better to a corrupted mod? Yes +5 heal for 20% damage of weapon (melee?).

Or normal mod/event mod +5 per kill Unranked o course.

Oh Idea - corrupded mod + health % for - shields %