Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactor And Catalyst Alerts More Often?

C-Core

I was just thinking, the alerts for both these is every two weeks on a friday. And you only get one or the other. Seems a bit silly, they're pretty just milking in that money to get people to buy them. It'd be better if it was at least like, once a week.

It's more like on per week than every two week.

We got the lotus gift after dev livestream like every friday + random alert occuring something like 2 time every 3 week + sometime as invasion rewards.

It's a rare ressource how can give some people the wish to buy some but with some patient and avoid to put potatoes on every weapon you meet I personnaly got enough.

When I've start warframe I've could be aggree with that topic, but now that we got some potatoes as invasion rewards, more gift from lotus + usual random alert, I think it's enough.

For sure the fact that after 2 years I finally get enough potatoes to upgrade all the decent weapon and warframe I've keep could help, but...

Paid or wait, seems fair enough in warframe for me...

Edited by ZeGreymane

Compared to what it used to be.. ("Great Potato Famine" anyone?) It's definitely much better.

At that time, you'd be lucky to get one a month, and it wasn't a regular/guaranteed thing. Nor could you sell/trade items for Plat.

It was a scary time.

Free to play game,

and

Plat is accessible via trading which might require a bit of work and grinding

Which can be turned into investments for more plat, buy low, sell high

Which means an easy access of plat for some players.

Trust me, I've been there though. Just wait a little longer, DE intended Warframe is meant to be a "long term" game (grinding, and content).

Honestly, 20p is kinda cheap for a potato-considering the market resources for plat. 20x4p for rare resources, some extra p for credits... Be happy DE is giving them away every 2 weeks, and there's not that much prominent weapons to potato anyways. You could wait for the 2 for 1 deal again, basically 10p per potato. I stockpiled on that :)

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Sometimes they have invasions for potatoes, and alerts that are 1.5 hours long, IMO this is the best link to keep up on alerts. Even though DE wants to keep this site away from being official because a lot of info on that site is datamined xD

It's not that big of an issue, since you can farm mods/prime parts to earn some platinum.

A while back, I posted a sheet showing all the alerts drop during a period of 2 months (dec 23, 2014 till fev 24, 2015)

Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0ukvbxwJ5dTNsmg7blAxJx4zCfacHl9MRryVTceWxo/edit#gid=0

As you can see, we had 6 Reactors and 4 Catalysts during that time. So around 1 every week.

However, there are also Invasions: http://kingtaro.com/warframe/ (see the middle tab)

Invasions with Catalysts/Reactors seem to show up once every one/two weeks.

You can buy them for 20 Plat.

You can get more than 20 Plat worth in e.g. Syndicate / Nightmare / Corrupted / Spy Mods

- not to mention getting lucky with rare Prime parts - every day.

That said, I (only started last December and) never bought any Reactors and still have enough for every Frame

(and Syndicate, even after making a 4-Reactor-costing switch, argh);

granted, Catalysts you can never really have too many of :P

It can be somewhat rough in the beginning when pretty much every resource is low so I empathize,

but if you continue playing regularly, ultimately you'll laugh over how frugal you once were / needed to be.

Edited by NinjaZeku

You can buy them for 20 Plat.

You can get more than 20 Plat worth in e.g. Syndicate / Nightmare / Corrupted / Spy Mods

- not to mention getting lucky with rare Prime parts - every day.

That said, I never bought any Reactors and still have enough for every Frame

(and Syndicate, even after making a 4-Reactor-costing switch, argh);

granted, Catalysts you can never really have too many of (but again, 20 Plat = no huge deal, ultimately).

Yeah you can buy em, but no-one in the trading chat wants anything unless it's a rare maxed out mod like heavy caliber etc. Or extremely rare prime parts, it's slightly annoying when actually trying to trade something that's sort of mid-rare.

No. It's fine. There are occasionally random non-GOTL alerts for them, and there are also occasional invasions. DE has also said they're adding more bonuses to ranking up your master potentially with potatos as one of the rewards it can give. They aren't "milking it"- it's a free to play game. They don't HAVE to give us any for free, a good number of F2P games wouldn't, they'd make us buy them. But DE is cool dev team, so we can get them free GUARANTEED every 2 weeks.

Yeah you can buy em, but no-one in the trading chat wants anything unless it's a rare maxed out mod like heavy caliber etc. Or extremely rare prime parts, it's slightly annoying when actually trying to trade something that's sort of mid-rare.

This seems more like a lack of trading ability considering I sell syndicate mods/weapons, normal mods, and random prime parts constantly without issues...

Sell syndicate mods/weapons that aren't dependent on RNG.

Sell prime parts and rare mods.

If your going through content faster than you can make 20p a week, then just buy plat. Notice how they make the one thing you really are compelled to buy, the cheapest?

I remember a couple of times in the past there was a confluence of like, 3 in 1 day. Along the lines of a random alert, a gift of the lotus and an invasion alert.

So sometimes it rains potatos. But this last couple of weeks have been pretty dry i think. It's all rng. On average though i'd say it's at least one a week.

But if you don't happen to be online you wouldn't see it. So it's not that there isn't, it's just you may not catch them all unless you happen to be...playing the free game when it comes up.

Edited by macroeconomics

I was just thinking, the alerts for both these is every two weeks on a friday. And you only get one or the other. Seems a bit silly, they're pretty just milking in that money to get people to buy them. It'd be better if it was at least like, once a week.

If they wanted to milk money plat would not have been tradeble. Don't post nonsense please. If you want it that bad but too lazy to farm for prime parts why not spend money when you get the 75% discount coupon, DE also needs to feed.