New Go-To Weapons (Help A Returning Player)

ThunderZsolt

Question

Hi!

I've stopped playing just after the U15 came out. Returned to the game yesterday, and i wonder, which new weapons should i get?

i know that there's a tendency that newer weapons are better, so the players have a reason to use them.

The ones i already had maxed (potato+4/6 forma) before i took a break:

Boltor P + Soma for single target DPS (pls don't start a war, i used both)

Amprex + Quanta for AoE clearing

Phage (since it has the most sustained DPS, and base viral rocks with 4 corrosive projection auras)

i know that the soma has now a prime version, which is slightly better (already on it), and the quanta got a vandal, which i have no way to get.

Secondaries:

I gave up on the brakk, but i do have a marelok maxed

Are the other new syndicate/prisma weapons at this level?

9 answers to this question

my go to weapon is the quanta, its a constant beam weapon like the phage with good ammo economy, properly forma'd and modded it does excellent damage and the secondary fire is a high damage small area explosive type cube that blows when its shot allowing multiple cubes to be shot and fired into at when the enemy gets close, its better than the phage in that the beam is much longer.

secondaries are a personal choice, i use a good range one incase the beams arent long enough on the quanta, the rakta ballistica is good for being silent and does excellent damage since the recent buff or the syndicate marelok which has more rounds per reload

If you liked the Amprex, try the Atomos for a non-crit-dependent Secondary version

with higher DPS / better ammo efficiency / a cool visual effect on kill / silenced fire.

Add Ruinous Extension (and Sinister Reach on Amprex), increased chaining range = the best.

Only downside really is the wonky aim past point-blank range :P

Not entirely sure what came out when, but preeetty sure this stuff is new or buffed since you've been gone...

Atomos - fire based secondary Amprex (with Ruinous Extension mod)

Boltace - highest Slide Attack damage melee weapon, by far.

Braton Prime - status assault rifle, quite a bit buffed from what you'd remember

Furis - with syndicate mod, it's a healing machine.

Grinlok - critical + status marksman rifle with aoe Radiation status syndicate effect. I call it the Chaos Rifle.

Hek - powerful damage per shot shotgun, slight health restore and armour buff syndicate effect

Rakta Ballistica - ridiculously powerful secondary crossbow (it got the bejeezus buffed out of it) with valuable Energy Restore + aoe Viral status syndicate effect.

Redeemer - would you like to Lifestrike at range (because you don't want to to carry a Furis)? Well here you go.

Scindo Prime - powerful heavy melee weapon that uses crits with Berserker to overcome the major weakness of powerful heavy melee weapons...

Tipedo - critical + status staff with high speed made even higher with Berserker, excellent mobility weapon (though mobility from melee is soon to die out).

Tonkor - critical grenade launcher with neglible self damage.

Vaykor Marelok - powerful mid-range status pistol with small health restore and armour buff syndicate effect

Also Void Trader weapons:

Prisma Dual Cleavers - faster Cleavers, can use syndicate augment (health + armour), very good Hysteria weapon

Prisma Skana - critical Skana, with syndicate augment replacing Spoiled Strike, making it the fastest Dervish weapon

Mara Detron - better Detron, one of the most powerful secondaries in the game... if you can hit your target

Prisma Grakata - critical + status SMG

wow, thanks for the answers!

mega post incoming, i'm trying to reply to everyone :-)

Vaykor Marelok since you seem to be a fan. More ammo and higher proc chance.

Aside from those that you already have, those are pretty much still the go-to weapons in game.

waaat? with all 4 status event mods the default marelok already had 100% status chance. but without needing all 4 the builds are more flexible, i think.

Get the Tonkor. It may seem meh at first but once you get used to the arc and the mechanics it is an absolute beast of a weapon.

Since more people suggested this weapon, it is the next on my shopping list. thanks for the suggestion!

Dread has always been the best.

i already have ona 6 forma'd, but i use it so rarely, that i even forgot to mention it in my original post. i do'nt like the charged mechanic :-(

If you liked the Amprex, try the Atomos for a non-crit-dependent Secondary version

with higher DPS / better ammo efficiency / a cool visual effect on kill / silenced fire.

Add Ruinous Extension (and Sinister Reach on Amprex), increased chaining range = the best.

Only downside really is the wonky aim past point-blank range :P

Since my most used weapon is the amprex, the limited range doesn't bother me that much. This looks like a gun that can replace my primary weapon - very good for leveling other primaries

Not entirely sure what came out when, but preeetty sure this stuff is new or buffed since you've been gone...

Atomos - fire based secondary Amprex (with Ruinous Extension mod)

Boltace - highest Slide Attack damage melee weapon, by far.

Braton Prime - status assault rifle, quite a bit buffed from what you'd remember

Furis - with syndicate mod, it's a healing machine.

Grinlok - critical + status marksman rifle with aoe Radiation status syndicate effect. I call it the Chaos Rifle.

Hek - powerful damage per shot shotgun, slight health restore and armour buff syndicate effect

Rakta Ballistica - ridiculously powerful secondary crossbow (it got the bejeezus buffed out of it) with valuable Energy Restore + aoe Viral status syndicate effect.

Redeemer - would you like to Lifestrike at range (because you don't want to to carry a Furis)? Well here you go.

Scindo Prime - powerful heavy melee weapon that uses crits with Berserker to overcome the major weakness of powerful heavy melee weapons...

Tipedo - critical + status staff with high speed made even higher with Berserker, excellent mobility weapon (though mobility from melee is soon to die out).

Tonkor - critical grenade launcher with neglible self damage.

Vaykor Marelok - powerful mid-range status pistol with small health restore and armour buff syndicate effect

Also Void Trader weapons:

Prisma Dual Cleavers - faster Cleavers, can use syndicate augment (health + armour), very good Hysteria weapon

Prisma Skana - critical Skana, with syndicate augment replacing Spoiled Strike, making it the fastest Dervish weapon

Mara Detron - better Detron, one of the most powerful secondaries in the game... if you can hit your target

Prisma Grakata - critical + status SMG

This post was really informative, thanks!