Changyou Warframe Images Faq

What exactly is Warframe China and ChangYou?

ChangYou is a Chinese video game Publisher. In order for Warframe to officially be in China, it is required that a company must have a physical presence in China. ChangYou's sheer excitement about Warframe and knowledge of all things Tenno allowed us to make a comfortable decision to partner with them for Publishing efforts in China. Part of this publishing effort includes working with ideas from the ChangYou team to have a successful launch in China, which brings us to our next question...

What are we looking at in these threads?

The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra, Primed Nikana, and Prime Kunai. ChangYou respected that we have forever exclusive content in the global build, but needed something new to ensure Warframe's Beta Launch in China is a success. Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build. The Primed Nikana and Prime Kunai are also timed exclusives that will be coming to the Global Build.

Timed Exclusives?

Yes - we trust ChangYou's experiences and agree that in order for Warframe to appeal to an entirely new audience, some content needs to be released in Mainland China first. An example of this type of content would be Nunchaku style weapons.

Will we get it?

Yes.

When?

Timed Exclusives exist with a 30 day exclusivity window. That doesn't mean all things will be released exactly 30 days of exclusivity are up, but we will get it out as soon as possible (lots of us here want to play with it too!).

Why fan art?

We always let our friends at ChangYou know when they've used something player-made. Typically the quality is so high they don't realize it isn't something we ourselves didn't officially release until we point it out. Please note that we don't approve the use of this content, and continue to try and improve the approval process of Marketing materials. Apologies for it being used, we are working with our partners to prevent it in the future.

Why is Mag a Brunette?

She's not - any art showing flesh or hair under a Warframe suit is not canon or literal.

Thank you for the information! 

All in all those are nice answers (that should please most of the Community and "OH GOD THE END IS NEAR"-people...but people will make other threads about how this will ruin the game...oh well o3o')

Edited by Fabpsi

In The End, Excalusive Prime is Still Excalusive.

DE Keep Their Sweet Promises.

Thanks For The Clarification :D

* Edit, wanna ask something

Are They also called "Founder" instead of "Warframe China Beta Tester" or "Founder of Warframe China" ?

Yozjpnf.jpg

Some of Founders be like

A6HbQpC.jpg

Edited by RAFTOX

THANK YOU REBECCA!

MAYBE this will get rid of SOME of the salt.

Maybe.

As for the Umbra Excalibur? *shrug* I don't like his look, but that is just me. I have no problem with another form of Excalibur.

The weapons? We shall see.

DE owns any fan creations posted on these forums, so... It makes me nervous for my fanfictions since I DOUBT my work will translate well. But again, we shall see.

Edited by Kalenath

Least this clears a few things up. Just think my only key issue was one way content. This seems to suggest that isn't entirely the case.

Thanks.

Edited by Naith

A lot of players (especially founders) are probably going to still blow a gasket over Umbra Excalibur. He's prime-y. A lot of founders have expressed concern and anger that it feels like a cop-out, that it's shady/underhanded.

I myself couldn't care less, I think he looks great and i'd love to use him, and because the original Excalibur Prime is still exclusive I personally feel as if the promise to keep him exclusive was upheld. But not everyone is so accepting.

But, many, many thanks for the clarity. And I'm very glad to hear we'll be getting all that swanky awesome stuff.

Umbra as a new series of gear eh... interesting..

Edit: Soo... after we're all done with the prime series, we are gonna have a complete re-run of every frame/weapon but in the negative colour scheme? As "Umbra" ?

*puts on farming hat*

Edited by 4ever4gotin

Will we need to pay for the new umbra items? i need to know so i can start saving up

I do wonder this as well, it may be some kind of system similar to PA.

But i hope it will be more in line with exclusive event, or plat market purchase rather than PA's style.

Edited by Ognj

A lot of players (especially founders) are probably going to still blow a gasket over Umbra Excalibur. He's prime-y. A lot of founders have expressed concern and anger that it feels like a cop-out, that it's shady/underhanded.

I myself couldn't care less, I think he looks great and i'd love to use him, and because the original Excalibur Prime is still exclusive I personally feel as if the promise to keep him exclusive was upheld. But not everyone is so accepting.

But, many, many thanks for the clarity. And I'm very glad to hear we'll be getting all that swanky awesome stuff.

Hopefully it ends up being a skin. I don't think we need 3 Excaliburs, especially if two of them have to be bought.

Edited by Valafor

Well let's be fair, he looks more Prime than Excalibur Prime.