[DE]Rebecca

Changyou Warframe Images Faq

They never said that.

They said they didn't want to do that, because it would be exploiting a loophole in their promise, and was a sneaky way of releasing him without violating their statement. There's something to be said about them going back on this decision, but strictly speaking, they're not violating their promise.

And it's that going back on their word about exploiting the loophole that has me more than a little annoyed. They acknowledged that it was a sneaky, underhanded thing to do back when they were locking Excalibur Prime threads. It may not be technically illegal, but they have still lost me as a customer.

• Upvote 8

Who cares if DE releases this new version of Excal to the normal Warframe client? As a founder with Excal Prime, I won't be upset. If it comes out, there is a good chance I'll get it. Once I have it leveled, I'll use the Excal I like the most. I hardly feel like it's a slap in the face.

• Upvote 3

Firstly it's disgusting that DE is screwing founders by circumventing legal issues with the renaming of umbra excalibur prime despite multiple requests to update the old model.

Secondly, It's not ok to release Umbra Excal if he is an entirely new frame, gives mastery points, stat boots, AND IS ONLY available through real life cash.

Any none cosmetic content locked behind cash is pay to win.

The statement that umbra excalibur is the 1st of many umbra frames that will possibly be behind a real life pay wall is sickening to say the least.

So is it confirmed that it's paywall only?

I wonder how Umbra will be different I doubt they'd release another Excalibur with no stat changes otherwise it would just be a skin...

I also feel bad that we get their founder weapons modt likely for free but I'm also jealous that they get an exclusive frame.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279
  • Upvote 1

So is it confirmed that it's paywall only?

From the looks of how he's being positioned in China, I'm inclined to believe he's taking the exclusive cash only route because they are getting special founder's forum access. Similiar to our founder's package from 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Im not even a founder and i feel bad about this... I dont know why. In my head, warframe china must remain in china and not "invade" our game. 

Another thing: Will we have to pay for this new "skin" or new excal(i doubt it) or will it be like prisma excalibur and proto skin?

• Upvote 2

As a founder, I honestly don't really care that much about the umbra excal I really have more of an issue with them offering founders packages to China. You can't "found" the game anymore, we are way past that point.

The people I think that have the biggest right to complain are XB1 and PS4 players though, as they have been around a lot longer and were never given a chance at founder status. This is a huge slap to the face to them.

• Upvote 13

Wait wait...
So, Umbra Excalibur Prime is for Chinese version
Umbra Excalibur for International right?
But, that scarf its independent of the Umbra excalibur prime body right?

Excal Umbra is ok if its;

1. a skin

2. the beginning of a series of umbra-frames (original 8 or something, or all starters idk, and idc)

3. a Chinese-founders exclusive frame, just like excal prime

Excal Umbra is not ok if its;

1. an actual frame that functionally serves as an analog/replacement/substitute for excal prime, things that would make it so are;

a) If you have to farm its parts in the void, its a prime just called umbra

b) If the frame is permanently obtainable and/or tradeable

c) If it enjoys any stat buffs over the regular excalibur

Now since I don't know what it is, but there's literally three ways in which excal umbra is ok, and only one way it is not. If it is the 4th option, a universally obtainable prime substitute, DE should figure out some sort of reimbursement to those who had purchased any of the founders packs that included Excal prime, we have the design council forums, just throw up a poll on what it should be per tier and bam, there we go. What alot of non-founders fail to realize is that some people threw around 50-100-250$ to get this supposedly exclusive item. If its not, each group should get recompense according to how much they paid. A Grandmasters player shouldn't get the same reimbursement as a hunter or a master founder, and they shouldn't get as much as each other. 

Additionally I should point out that even if the founders came to a consensus, it still wouldn't be "just", since if one person still wanted it to be exclusive to this group, then DE would be honor-bound to keep it so. People paid money for the exclusivity, and taking it away is wrong, pure and simple. I'm not asking for people to agree with "exclusive-content", I'm asking people to understand that once a deal is made the parties involved are obligated to fulfill their sides of the bargain. I fulfilled mine when I paid my 100$, and now DE has to fulfill theres, plain and simple.

(To put this in perspective, the wiki estimates (based on solar landmark count) that 1.4 million MILLION dollars were raised just from grandmasters alone. That is no measily sum, we aren't talking about "oh this group paid a couple thousand and now are butthurt" this is a significant amount of money by anyones standards, don't try to understate it)

And again, if its any of these first three possibilities, none of this matters anyways. 

• Upvote 5

1. a skin

2. the beginning of a series of umbra-frames (original 8 or something, or all starters idk, and idc)

1. an actual frame that functionally serves as an analog/replacement/substitute for excal prime, things that would make it so are;

Now since I don't know what it is, but there's literally three ways in which excal umbra is ok, and only one way it is not. If it is the 4th option, a universally obtainable prime substitute, DE should figure out some sort of reimbursement to those who had purchased any of the founders packs that included Excal prime, we have the design council forums, just throw up a poll on what it should be per tier and bam, there we go. What alot of non-founders fail to realize is that some people threw around 50-100-250$ to get this supposedly exclusive item. If its not, each group should get recompense according to how much they paid. A Grandmasters player shouldn't get the same reimbursement as a hunter or a master founder, and they shouldn't get as much as each other. 

Additionally I should point out that even if the founders came to a consensus, it still wouldn't be "just", since if one person still wanted it to be exclusive to this group, then DE would be honor-bound to keep it so. People paid money for the exclusivity, and taking it away is wrong, pure and simple. I'm not asking for people to agree with "exclusive-content", I'm asking people to understand that once a deal is made the parties involved are obligated to fulfill their sides of the bargain. I fulfilled mine when I paid my 100$, and now DE has to fulfill theres, plain and simple.

(To put this in perspective, the wiki estimates (based on solar landmark count) that 1.4 million MILLION dollars were raised just from grandmasters alone. That is no measily sum, we aren't talking about "oh this group paid a couple thousand and now are butthurt" this is a significant amount of money by anyones standards, don't try to understate it)

And again, if its any of these first three possibilities, none of this matters anyways. 

Mmmm just want to point something out, not calling out anyone on anything.

Did you 'buy' excalibur prime for his exclusiveness, or did you buy founders to support DE? I'd like to know some thoughts on the topic as various founders say various things.

The reason I asked is because most of the time the argument is that Founders supported DE at a crucial time and Excalibur Prime and his gear is a token of thanks. Now if people go out and say that they bought the exclusive excalibur Prime for his exclusivity doesn't that kind of take the meat out of their argument?

Personally I'm fine with Excalibur Prime staying exclusive. What I'm not fine with is people claiming that Umbra Excalibur is a rip-off of excalibur Prime and demanding it be restricted/not introduced. Your Excalibur Prime will never be available again, it's the separate frame that you got. End of story. Why do you care that a version of Excalibur may or may not be available to the General Public? DE is not reintroducing excalibur Prime. We don't even know what Umbra Excalibur is, prime or not.

You only stand to gain, not lose something from the deal. Why do you care so much?

Edited by Evanescent
  • Upvote 3

Why do people think that this Excal is Umbra Prime when even Rebecca confirmed it's not? smh

1. There is an image from the China warframe site that translates their version as 'Dark Excalibur Prime'

2. ChangYou came up with an official statement AFTER DERebecca made her post, to refute her and said that China is getting the Primed version of Umbra Excalibur. I.e. Umbra Excalibur Prime.

This violates their so called promise to founders that there will not be a rerelease, rename, or reskin of Excalibur Prime as it is exploiting a legal loop hole.

DE going back on their word and keeping silent about this is causing the uproar.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim
  • Upvote 4

Umbra Excalibur Prime is a chinese originator exclusive and we know his appearance.

Umbra Excalibur is for everyone and we do not know his appearance.

Umbra Excalibur Prime is the first in a line of Umbras.

Umbras are their own frame.

DE is not obligated to reimbursement because they own your warframe account and everything on it. While you could sue it probably won't be successful.

Umbra Excalibur Prime is not the same as Excalibur Prime. We don't know any additional bonuses Umbra and Umbra Prime Excaliburs will have.

Seraphim" post="5516234" timestamp="1437449761"]

DE didn't release, reskin or rename the founders Excalibur Prime. They made a prime of a Umbra Excalibur. Umbra being our new line of special warframes. Umbra Excalibur Prime and Excalibur Prime are not the same. They don't share the same model or name so DE didn't break their promise.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

After Super Street Fighter 2 turbo HD Remix,

here comes the Umbra Proto Immortal Prisma Vandal Rakta Vaykor Rubedo Phased Ormolu Jade Obsidian Alabaster Abra Synoid Nemesis MK1 Akimbo Solo Eros Cattaril Sylus Meer Day of the Dead Winter Gemini Mutalist Mara Secura Dex Telos Sancti Festive Dragon Desert Zebra Huntsman Forest Camo Shock Tennogen Polar Rahk Spearmint stuff...

...Prime...

Edit : forgot Gemini. :3

Edited by unknow99
  • Upvote 1

I'm so thankful for the clarification. I trust you guys even more now, thanks for the transparency.

I understand some founders like how the current Excal Prime looks but I am not one of them. I realize we have no idea what a "regular" Umbra Excal is going to look like but the prime version is exactly what I want our excal prime to look like. The current prime just looks so plain and generic compared to all the recent primes its really glaring at this point. Man I really hope original founders get the umbra prime but I doubt it and that makes me sad :(

• Upvote 1

I understand some founders like how the current Excal Prime looks but I am not one of them. I realize we have no idea what a "regular" Umbra Excal is going to look like but the prime version is exactly what I want our excal prime to look like. The current prime just looks so plain and generic compared to all the recent primes its really glaring at this point. Man I really hope original founders get the umbra prime but I doubt it and that makes me sad :(

Honestly I dont like how our excal p looks like either, but the funny part is that I also dont like that dark prime umbra whatever 

1. a skin

Now since I don't know what it is, but there's literally three ways in which excal umbra is ok, and only one way it is not. If it is the 4th option, a universally obtainable prime substitute, DE should figure out some sort of reimbursement to those who had purchased any of the founders packs that included Excal prime, we have the design council forums, just throw up a poll on what it should be per tier and bam, there we go. What alot of non-founders fail to realize is that some people threw around 50-100-250$ to get this supposedly exclusive item. If its not, each group should get recompense according to how much they paid. A Grandmasters player shouldn't get the same reimbursement as a hunter or a master founder, and they shouldn't get as much as each other.

Umbra Excal is going to be a frame. There not going to give you a refund, because IT isn't Excalibur prime

I wish I can get Umbra's PROFILE ICON!

Of course, the best plan for Tenno is make them farm-able,

And selling profile icon pack and other whimsyaccessaries for plats.

But well, if you wanna sell them all for Dollars, I can accept.

p.s Umbra's arm ornament is somewhat excessive, why he have to equip those horseshoe-like something?

that looks like very annoying for him, making him difficult for performing martial arts.

I'm not blaming to designer, but Warframes are combat spacesuit, so you should consider 'practicality'.

The big question is: Whenever these things come out to the global build, will they be obtainable the normal way other prime items are obtained? Meaning, will I be able to get Nikana Prime, Kunai Prime, and perhaps even Umbra Excalibur in the void?

Edited by spidey2092

Why'd they make Umbra Excal so similar to Excal Prime? Seems like a shady way to get around the Excal P exclusivity. It's even called Dark Excalibur Prime in Warframe China.

I don't really care about Excal P exclusivity but it seems kinda the wrong thing to do.

Edited by Jussler
  • Upvote 8

Should have made a NEW exclusive frame for them China buddies that we would never see here and there would be no problem. End of story.

For everyone wondering if we will have to pay for this new package or just for umbra excal, I highly doubt they would allow China to charge for the item or items then give them away to use for free... Likely we will be paying for it unless they give us some other version of umbra excal ( for instance a non primed looking one)

Edited by (PS4)savoy123