[DE]Rebecca

Changyou Warframe Images Faq

I have a question for the almighty Lotus:

Warframe0383.jpg

What happened to Oberon's loincloth? Will we simply accept that Excalibur stole Oberon's fashion sense?

--------

@ Fanart thing: that's good to know, that was what bugged me the most. Apart from the Oberon thing ofc.

Loincloth isn't part of his main mesh textures, so sometimes it's forgotten in renders (like Body armour as well). In our very own Frame page Frost is missing the arm armour and Oberon has no clothes neither :p

• Upvote 4

Suggestion for this: Make it free for Excal prime owners, sell it for 150-250p

• Upvote 15

So, excalibur prime "Umbra/U(mad)brah" edition is going to be available to everyone now.

Alrighty then.....

Here i was, under impression that any form of excalibur prime was an exclusive frame given to founders only as far as global version goes.

That thing looks too primey to be in the same version as the OG excal prime and is making me salty now. At least take the gold bits off or something ?

As it stands it's just excal prime model with a different head.(an even better looking one by some standards).

I wouldn't have any issues if that Excal Umbra didn't resemble prime version so.damn.much.

Edit: if you are angry at this reply then read further before commenting.

Edited by kiteohatto
  • Upvote 18

Loincloth isn't part of his main mesh textures, so sometimes it's forgotten in renders (like Body armour as well). In our very own Frame page Frost is missing the arm armour and Oberon has no clothes neither :p

Psh, you're just finding excuses to justify that horrid fashion ripoff!! POOR OBERON IS ALL EXPOSED NOW!

• Upvote 2

What do you think pal?

Everyone here was MAD on how this played out, we got our answer, how much WORSE do you think it will get, if you "Founders" will only get the Umbra gear? (what ever its called)

So, what do you think?

I don;t think it will be founder only cuz that will cause this riot to get even stronger and even the possibility of death of warframe, but I wanted to ask it, so we all kown, so we don;t get bombarded by the qeastion, once Louts/Reb gives us the answer, all is done  

I think you're jumping to conclusions so that's the problem here.

There's no indication at this stage it would be Founders only. It wouldn't even make sense if it was Founder only.

I know DE has a LOOOOOT to learn about PR (this being an example) but I imagine they wouldn't keep such a poor notion under wraps, as it'd be more dire once it was revealed.

Edited by Naith
  • Upvote 1

I honestly couldn't be happier!

[...]

If you ask me, this is a win-win situation!

This is how I feel as well (I'm positively psyched for Umbra Excal),

but I also acknowledge that there are a lot of people who don't feel the same way and would be rather angry.

• Upvote 6

Regarding Excalibur Umbra. If it will be available to us, would it be paid content(ie real cash) just like any other PA?

This is the only post worth a damn in this thread

Going to quote it for a response

• Upvote 6

THANKS LOTUS!!

What are we looking at in these threads?

The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra, Primed Nikana, and Prime Kunai. ChangYou respected that we have forever exclusive content in the global build, but needed something new to ensure Warframe's Beta Launch in China is a success. Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build. The Primed Nikana and Prime Kunai are also timed exclusives that will be coming to the Global Build.

tumblr_li46pe1m8I1qh4nf6o1_500.gif

Timed Exclusives?

Yes - we trust ChangYou's experiences and agree that in order for Warframe to appeal to an entirely new audience, some content needs to be released in Mainland China first. An example of this type of content would be Nunchaku style weapons.

giphy.gif

Will we get it?

Yes.

crazy-dance.gif

When?

Timed Exclusives exist with a 30 day exclusivity window. That doesn't mean all things will be released exactly 30 days of exclusivity are up, but we will get it out as soon as possible (lots of us here want to play with it too!).

Aouil.gif

Why fan art?

We always let our friends at ChangYou know when they've used something player-made. Typically the quality is so high they don't realize it isn't something we ourselves didn't officially release until we point it out. Please note that we don't approve the use of this content, and continue to try and improve the approval process of Marketing materials. Apologies for it being used, we are working with our partners to prevent it in the future.

Ki7kkeYEICCx.gif

Why is Mag a Brunette?

She's not - any art showing flesh or hair under a Warframe suit is not canon or literal.

the-office-dancing-andy.gif

I'M OUT!! :D

Edited by Sci_Ant
Added spoiler
  • Upvote 16

Could use some clarification - is 'Umbra' a skin or a completely different equipment? Will it be on market or in PA-bundle?

As for me - I could not care less about this Ex reskin(WTF with those things on his hands?) or new weapons. Scarf is kinda good though. Finally a scarf that looks like a scarf!

• Upvote 5

This is how I feel as well (I'm positively psyched for Umbra Excal),

but I also acknowledge that there are a lot of people who don't feel the same way and would be rather angry.

Negative criticism is equal in value to positive criticism.

• Upvote 7

Since changing the name makes doing that OK, might as well start bringing those - and the other prime access exclusives back as well.

• Upvote 18

Thank you Rebecca!

For people who flipped their S#&$:

See, this is why we wait for official word and not duke out kneejerk reactions.

• Upvote 4

Wooohoo. I love you guys. Thank you for the clarification.

Can't wait to play with that nikana. ^^

• Upvote 2

This is the only post worth a damn in this thread

Going to quote it for a response

Exactly, especially since Rebecca said the following in the FAQ..

Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build.

..It might be something like the Founders programm, where you can only get Excalibur Umbra during that limited time for real cash OR maybe in the Market for a limited time (like the proto armor), hopefully the weapons are just released into the void like usual prime gear.

• Upvote 1

Umbra!

Oblivion_UmbraSword.png

A piece of Daedric Prince Clavicus Vile that went rogue, plane shifted the "undead" (more like spirit posession caused and cloning) city of Umbriel and tried to invade Tamriel via crashing into the white gold tower.

So anyway why name the new gear Umbra? Why not Cosmic or some other space cheese?

• Upvote 15

I do really want an unprimed Misa Syandana and Targis Armor. Even had another Tenno do up a 2D render of what the armor would look like.

Unprimed Valo and Kazeru Sugatras would also be awesome.

Umbra as a new series of gear eh... interesting..

We do need enough gear to get us to MR 30 after all. ;)

Have you ever realized that as long as it is part of Prime Access again, it's not really exclusive right? All items have a chance to come back as long as DE decides they want something to come back. Actually:

Will the Exclusive items be available in-game after a new pack is available?

No. The Exclusive items in Prime Access are Exclusive to the Prime Access Program. You may see them rotated within the Program but they will not be made available in-game

https://warframe.com/prime-access-faq

• Upvote 5