Ash Does Not Need A Rework, But A Few Tweaks Are In Need.

Hybridon

Many threads have been showing up on Ash after he got his Primed version, mostly because he looks amazing, but maybe doesn't fit into the playstyle of these players.

Because of that, I decided to make a video on Ash. As a fan of him, and being my main frame, I can't agree he needs any kind of rework, just a few tweaks here and there, enjoy! :)

Many threads have been showing up on Ash after he got his Primed version, mostly because he looks amazing, but maybe doesn't fit into the playstyle of these players.

Because of that, I decided to make a video on Ash. As a fan of him, and being my main frame, I can't agree he needs any kind of rework, just a few tweaks here and there, enjoy! :)

Bladestorm animation redesign Yes along with some tweaks and animations to refresh him for 2015

Bladestorm is awesome but has aweful animations.

Takes the control out of your hands.

Doesnt have a cancel button

Bladestorm animation redesign Yes along with some tweaks and animations to refresh him for 2015

Agreed. Sometimes I accidentally end up with the Synthesis target in Blade Storm's sites when casting and I end up murdering it while Simaris scolds me. Cancellation sounds good to me.

Edited by LazerSkink

Shuriken: The target-seeking could definitely afford to be more accurate, and innate punch-through isn't half bad either. It would also be neat if there was a way to get more than two shurikens, maybe through an augment?

Smoke-Screen: I wouldn't mind seeing the stagger on cast upgraded to a blind effect. Not so much for yourself (since you're already invisible) but it help keep some flak off your allies and allow them to deal some bonus melee damage as well.

Teleport: I don't think it's necessary, but being able to use it as a general blink ability (with reduced range of course) would be a nice addition. Otherwise, just allow us to teleport to objects in the environment, and maybe smooth out those finisher animations a little (maybe even make teleporting to an enemy automatically follow up with a finisher if possible).

Bladestorm: Tbh the lack of control doesn't bother me too much, but the animations and camera angles are more of an eye sore than a pleasure to watch. I honestly think I could live without them.

Great review btw, I recently built and used vanilla Ash in preparation for the prime and enjoyed him much more than I expected, and I agree that his playstyle should ultimately be left intact, but just smoothed out a little to make it feel more seamless and less "jumpy".

Good video and i do agree with you on the facts about ash,

He was my 2nd warframe and i made him back before update 9 and was really cool to use ,but because of bladestorm and the functionality i got out of him.It kind of contradicted what i was used to doing.

i had to let him go so i could have vauban be part of my collection.

My 1st warframe was loki and well with loki you can only kill via weapon so i loved using my weapons more then my powers.

,while in ash asked for different style then the warframe i was so used to using so it conflicted

Now most warframe require different way of being used which can be easily seen when we categories warframes based on their powers

Ash sync melee system with his power and the most potential comes out of him when you got player using his power and weapons together,but when we look at bladestorm is just the power and nothing else.Which is kind of one issue i had with that.

Frankly not sure if you seen the other smokescream rework were you actually trow the smoke ball and i believe it lowers the accuracy of the enemy who are in the smoke and enemies firing towards the smoke.i think this was the rework or the augmentation idea either way you could still go invi if you threw the smokes ball at your feet.

Shuri: Yes, maybe 100% blast proc shuri augment

Smoke Bomb: that smoke idea should be an augment. I'd say bring back the constant melee dmg multiplier instead. (practically it only works on 1st hit now) Heck, make it different depending on weapon type. This would reinforce him being a melee frame.

Teleport: A bigger issue is how inefficient the finishers are on small enemies. You spend 4 secs to kill 1 lancer. Just needs more fluidity through speed and freedom. (not necessarily free-aim)

Blade storm: pretty much

Edited by Half-Hero

Agreed, there's no need to completely rework a frame because he doesn't fit your playstyle

Interesting point - ASH's issues go beyond play style. The animation for blade storm is just atrocious.

Would be nice, but considering there are many other frames that are in a bad shape compared to Ash, that gets the job done, I doubt he will get a animation rework in 2015, maybe 2016.

Agreed, there's no need to completely rework a frame because he doesn't fit your playstyle

Yep. Ive seen quite a few threads, not only on Ash, that people want to rework the frame because it isn't fitting with what they want his style to be.

Interesting point - ASH's issues go beyond play style. The animation for blade storm is just atrocious.

The animation is really wonky at sometimes, for sure. But still, the frame itself does not warrant a rework.

I have seen this too many times. Nekros is a frame that heavily suffers from not meeting players expectations because his play style is totally different. Personally I love Ash, tweaks are absolutely need. I like some of you have expressed have accidentally caught more then a few synthesis targets in a Bladestorm while i am sitting there begging Ash to stop and then having my team mates calling me an idiot for killing it. A cancel option would be extremely welcome. Aside from that that the animations need a rework, sometimes they look completely out of place and variety is a bit lacking, sometimes you see the same animation 4 times in the same blade storm.