Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #57 Overview

AM-Bunny

• All Stamina mods that are going away will be converted to Fusion Cores, there's an exploit here for savvy players!

What kind of exploit?

How mods are going to be converted to fusion cores?

Is it going to be same like it was with abilities? If yes - there is no exploit, and you'll just loose a bunch of fusion points that you used to upgrade stamina mods.

When they replaced all ability mods with same rank and rarity fusion cores that haven't replaced the price of fusing, since lvl3 rare ability was converted to lvl3 rare core, but to upgrade lvl0 rare ability to lvl3 you had to use 3 lvl5 rare cores, and lvl3 rare core gives like 4 times less fusion points.... So when ability mods got converted to fusion cores everyone got back only about 10% of the fusion points they used on those mods...

I was incredibly salty at the prospect of my Bo Prime getting nerfed and me getting slowed down overall, but the Devstream really sold me on the new mobility. The bullet-time aimgliding, the aerial jumps, looked perfect and much more relatable.

WITH ONE GLARING EXCEPTION. God the love of my spacebar, i BEG of you keep some sort of held spacebar wallrun. This hopping-spam not only looks silly, and plays like a QTE Sequence (i mean we could literally hear Rebecca tapping), but while it may be somewhat playable on controllers and consoles it's gonna be a nightmare for me to work with on PC. I might just switch to bulletjumps only and completely abandon using walls alltogether. It looks so out of place, disconnected, awkward and NEEDLESSLY HARDER TO EXECUTE than what we currently have, i beg of you preserve some form of held spacebar wallrunning. I grew up on Prince of Persia, it's one of my fondest moves in all of Warframe. I'll happily give up coptering for you not to take that away too. I said it looked silly since the first animation vines floated around on twitter months ago and i thought it was just placeholder art, i never would've expected wallrunning to turn into an actual spamfest.

Why make your controls unnecessarily more obtuse with that? Out of all the good changes that add clarity, interactivity and possibilities, this one is like the foul stinker that had me and my entire skype group ROARING out against simultaneously. I'm not asking you to abandon it, just leave us the OPTION of playing it the old way, or at least of holding the spacebar.

I used to burn a keyboard per 2 months when Worms was the main game i played, THIS? This is gonna make me spend 500 bucks a year on keyboards! Please give us options in regards to that.

Rest of it looked amazing though. I hope we get to see some Sentients rather soon, not just hear about them lore-wise... otherwise you might catch a lot of flak for this update essentially only containing high end archwing content (that's what the underwater tileset basically is, right?) and a new frame. Very excited for what's coming, i expected you to ANNOUNCE the release of this at TennoVIP 2015, not for it to be out next week!

There're some things I don't really understand about Utility Slot.

They work like Orokin Catalyst/Reactor ?
You have to earn them one way or another, and when you use one, it's for only one frame ?

Can you get several slots in a single frame ?

Edited by AureasAetas

so consoles will get the up date in......one month? one week for pc to get it then what....2 weeks for cert than one week for verify ....well ill just farm cores until then....ugh i just had to get a ps4 didnt i -_-.

I can only imagine your frustration... Hopefully you can find some consolation in the fact we'll be wading through glitches and barely functioning content for weeks.

I can only imagine your frustration... Hopefully you can find some consolation in the fact we'll be wading through glitches and barely functioning content for weeks.

nope we alway get glitches. if we got the updates near perfect then we wouldnt complain so much but we do either way so.... no.... anyway IM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THE NEW KUBROW!!!!!

Vectis Prime
• There's a mod coming for Vectis Prime
• Not strictly for Vectis Prime, but designed with it in mind
• Nightmare Mod: Less Clip Size, Faster Reload Speed

Shouldn't that be a Corrupted(Vault) mod? Or are they actually doing it through NM mode?

Shouldn't that be a Corrupted(Vault) mod? Or are they actually doing it through NM mode?

Yeah, that was my first thought too. They definitely referred to it as a Nightmare Mod in the stream though. Perhaps they simply mis-spoke. We'll have to wait and see.

Hoping for unique under water weapons. Torpedoes and tridents and harpoons. Crabs.

Yeah, for some reason, shooting Imperator underwater seems odd to me. I'm not exactly an aficionado on the subject, but isn't firing guns underwater kind of a no-no?

Very nice over view so thanks

I am dumb so anyone know how to get the extra fusion cores from this comment?

You're welcome XD

I believe that it has to do with the amount you'll be compensated for Stamina Mods that are already ranked up. DE tries to go to great lengths to ensure nobody gets the bad end of the bargain when they make changes like this.

Suppose hypothetically Acrobat costs 5 Fusion Cores to max out. The devs will ensure that when Acrobat gets traded out for Fusion Cores, that maxed out Acrobat will be traded for something worth considerably more than the 5 Fusion Cores it took to max it. I think the 'exploit' is simply to max out all your Stamina mods before they're traded for Fusion Cores.

Additionally, you can rank up Stamina mods with regular Mods with matching Polarities. So you could max out your Acrobat with all your excess Vitalities. Something that would make them worth much more once converted.

That's just my guess, take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, for some reason, shooting Imperator underwater seems odd to me. I'm not exactly an aficionado on the subject, but isn't firing guns underwater kind of a no-no?

It's possible to shoot guns underwater, but they lose reliability and suffer extra wear and tear because of barrel obstruction. Also, bullets designed to travel through the air lose momentum very quickly in water, you'll see in the video that a 7.62x39 round stops after only 6', instead of staying lethal to 900 feet like in the air.

Short answer, guns under water aren't all that lethal to enemies more then a couple yards away.

I'd like DE to watch this video too, cause if they do decide to do bullets underwater i'd like to see the cavitation bubbles look accurate+^_^+

It's possible to shoot guns underwater, but they lose reliability and suffer extra wear and tear because of barrel obstruction. Also, bullets designed to travel through the air lose momentum very quickly in water, you'll see in the video that a 7.62x39 round stops after only 6', instead of staying lethal to 900 feet like in the air.

Short answer, guns under water aren't all that lethal to enemies more then a couple yards away.

I'd like DE to watch this video too, cause if they do decide to do bullets underwater i'd like to see the cavitation bubbles look accurate+^_^+

Chances are, they'll just say "it's spaceguns, they're a bajillion times more powerful than that AK - which conveniently means it will behave identically underwater".

I agree that those water cavitation bubbles would look amaing -- for something slow-firing like Velocitus I'd love to see longer lasting bubbles like the slow-motion sequences seen in that video. Probably way too much to ask for though; the whole Sharkwing thing seems half-baked and lazy to me tbh. 

Yeah, that was my first thought too. They definitely referred to it as a Nightmare Mod in the stream though. Perhaps they simply mis-spoke. We'll have to wait and see.

You're welcome XD

I believe that it has to do with the amount you'll be compensated for Stamina Mods that are already ranked up. DE tries to go to great lengths to ensure nobody gets the bad end of the bargain when they make changes like this.

Suppose hypothetically Acrobat costs 5 Fusion Cores to max out. The devs will ensure that when Acrobat gets traded out for Fusion Cores, that maxed out Acrobat will be traded for something worth considerably more than the 5 Fusion Cores it took to max it. I think the 'exploit' is simply to max out all your Stamina mods before they're traded for Fusion Cores.

Additionally, you can rank up Stamina mods with regular Mods with matching Polarities. So you could max out your Acrobat with all your excess Vitalities. Something that would make them worth much more once converted.

That's just my guess, take it with a grain of salt.

Well either way thanks for your explanation, worth doing even though I dont think i have many left now as i usually use those mods to rank up others :D

Once again very much appreciated.