Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 57 Preemptive Strike: Please Change Blocking For Pvp On U17

.Talia.

This will not work on PvP, DE. Don't make it work like you said on Devstream for PvE. Blocking is already OP as it is on PvP. You are making it infinite, and able to reflect damage when channeling. 

This make me wonder if anyone from DE actually play PvP, they have no clue. Well i guess we are entering a new age of blocking + channeling now. GG guys see you in Conclave with my Furax.

EDIT: Dear PvP team, if you are reading this, don't let Blocking work the same way in PvP as it will be in PvE. Remove the innate damage reflection.

EDIT 2: Ignore this thread, as my worries were unfounded. Steve already confirmed on Twitter that blocking will not reflect on PvP. 

vXdI4Tp.jpg

Edited by RexSol

Considering that Joebuck seems to like to keep PvP and PvE mechanics almost as separate as possible, I'm hoping he's got something in mind to keep it balanced, or use a slightly different system to accommodate, or even keep the old system until he can figure out how to integrate it.  

Also keep in mind that they indicated that blocking is no longer 100% damage reduction, it's different based on the weapons used, and likely not even SnS weapons (who will likely be the highest DR) will have 100% DR on block.

Edited by Gelkor

Im think they are going to keep Stamina for blocking on pvp...
Its the most easy way to solve the issue...

Is not going to be balanced if they keep the same mechanic on blocking...

Just block, no energy cost, stamina for block (maybe?) No reflect...

Edited by Grimlock-

This will not work on PvP, DE. Don't make it work like you said on Devstream for PvE. Blocking is already OP as it is on PvP. You are making it infinite, and able to reflect damage when channeling. 

This make me wonder if anyone from DE actually play PvP, they have no clue. Well i guess we are entering a new age of blocking + channeling now. GG guys see you in Conclave with my Furax.

Seeing as PVP operates on it's own sets of rules, I'm pretty sure it will be adressed if need be.

Question is, does melee block channeling drain energy? Does it drain the whole time while blocking, or when taking damage, or not at all? I can see how if energy is drained constantly while channel + blocking may have a viable PvP function. The other two scenarios seem problematic, especially if blocking will reflect more damage onto the attacker than was taken.

I sincerely hope that block channel will reflect ranged attacks only, so guns and maybe abilities. If it reflects melee damage as well, it's going to be comical.

Two masters stare at each other all day because the one who throws the first move will lose LOLOLOL

This actually happened when Melee 2.0 was introduced. During a period, all we had in Conclave were melee blockers with Parry and Reflection mod. Who here remember these days? Only after many topics demanding a nerf they did something. In my opinion these suggested changes to blocking would be a step back, we need to move forward and fix the new cheeses of PvP 2.0 not go back to the old ones. We already been there, done that, reflection should not exist on PvP.