Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop?

Gale47

So level Editor incoming?

A level editor would actually be perfect for parkour 2.0. There could be a little module on the ship or in the dojo that lets you play parkour maps that you downloaded from the workshop. Edited by Blaqsailens

I suspect option C is the one DE's going for, that way they can control what's generated so we don't get a Kawaii Maid Nova-chan Madoka Magicka running around disrupting asthetics, and on top of that both the creator and the publisher get more money.

Still, hope it becomes more than just weapon skins - totally fan-made weapons could help us get all those wacky weapons we've wanted for so long.

Great, now I want a Kawaii Maid Nova Kyoko outfit. Also, don't forget the Neko ears and the tail.

Great, now I want a Kawaii Maid Nova Kyoko outfit. Also, don't forget the Neko ears and the tail.

Did you forgot the /sarcasm command? (I hate hashtags)

Still, hope it becomes more than just weapon skins - totally fan-made weapons could help us get all those wacky weapons we've wanted for so long.

No. No. Nooooooooooooo.

Wanna see an example?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/90447-completely-serious-suggestion-for-cronus/

I would pay you lots of plat to avoid adding this...

Manga & anime are nice and all, but common manga doesn't suit Warframe man.

I'd throw up if I see a Sakura card captor thing here...

I'm sure there's no need to fear that. So far, with seasonal fluff being the only exception, DE have worked hard not to give in and turn Warframe into a mess that some of people here want it turned into. My guess is that Workshop will work similar as to how Tennogen worked, little more. And that's the best option, really.

It was a joke, while I extremely love Madoka Magica, I agree that it would hurt Warframe (also Nova and Nova Prime are cute enough). Because this isn't an MMORPG like TERA or Vindictus

It was a joke, while I extremely love Madoka Magica, I agree that it would hurt Warframe (also Nova and Nova Prime are cute enough). Because this isn't an MMORPG like TERA or Vindictus

While I agree with this in general, did any of you see that (mostly-joking) concept thread by RedSkittlez, I think it was? Surprisingly balanced-sounding, if extremely light-hearted.

EDIT: Hah, found it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381810-warframe-concept-sharona-the-hyperdimensional-frame-update-13012015-fan-art/

Edited by MechaGent

Yes - progress is being made on this front. Not too many details to share other than it is absolutely happening, we just need to work everything out on our end! It'll be formally announced when we're at an appropriate stage of readiness :D!

I hope it's not just priced items or crap like that. There's no fun there.

I'd love to make my own cephalon to replace ordis or the lotus or make a custom HUD.

Since I'm a console pleb, would somebody mind explaining exactly what a 'Steam Workshop' is?

Steam is an amazing online game shop program made by Valve.

Steam workshop is for player made content. It makes uploading

and installing it super easy. Trust me, you're missing out on a lot.

Since I'm a console pleb, would somebody mind explaining exactly what a 'Steam Workshop' is?

Steam workshop allows certain players of certain games to create their own content that can be approved and added to the game be the devs.

Steam is an amazing online game shop program made by Valve.

Steam workshop is for player made content. It makes uploading

and installing it super easy. Trust me, you're missing out on a lot.

You're really not - Steam Workshop is the fisher price version of modding. 

But since it's likely only for skins and cosmetics - I guess it won't be too bad. 

I'm sure there's no need to fear that. So far, with seasonal fluff being the only exception, DE have worked hard not to give in and turn Warframe into a mess that some of people here want it turned into. My guess is that Workshop will work similar as to how Tennogen worked, little more. And that's the best option, really.

Yeah I get it. :p

As long as they stay parallel to the game's atmosphere, I'm here!

Hard to not look like you're dead serious when you write stuff...

Only acceptable addition : Bobobo as a syndicate ally.

People on the Warframe wiki think that often enough. Yesterday someone edited my user page because I wrote that he was still in denial about the loki master race. So I try to explain myself because I don't go to the forums often enough to know how most of the people are like here

Steam Workshop.... not a good idea in my opinion. Now your color scheme or model won't matter, because they downloaded an entirely different model for you WF, weapon, etc. Mod chickens into WF plz.

Edited by S3EK3R

Because just like Tennogen items, fan generated contents were much appreciated. Of course as posts before me already said, DE will be in fully control what to release and what not, and Steam Workshop made it so much easier to manage all of it.

unless its in china

Steam Workshop.... not a good idea in my opinion. Now your color scheme or model won't matter, because they downloaded an entirely different model for you WF, weapon, etc. Mod chickens into WF plz.

What...you think warframe is to good for chickens hehe. There are basically historical games that allow people to make and download awesome and or absurd mods. Either way it's your choice to download them and I don't understand how having access to more options or content could be a bad thing.

Actually ,yes, I would love HD texture packs for Warframe. Except for the character skins thing.

So... Team Fortress 2 style? Not much info on this yet so you might want to hold your beer.

Nope, more like CS:GO, bar custom maps. It is very different from TF2.

So level Editor incoming?

What? No!

That would be nice, but unlikely, unfortunately.  That level of freedom in modding seems incompatible with how Warframe is structured.

Personally, whether or not I care about the implementation of the Workshop will depend entirely on whether or not the mods will be free. 

This isn't about mods.

I've never spent money on mods, and I never will.

Proud to say so, even when it's of no relevance whatsoever.

ffs

can you please understand.

your l4d2 or skyrim type mods have nothing to do with online games like Warframe.

If you'd go back and remember those tennogen contests and then and only then proceed to think about Workshop for Warframe it won't be hard to put two and two together. 

It'll have to be or the entire system will be an absolute failure.

It'll have to be a user-generated content approval platform for DE to use instead of the forum contests they have done before. It can't work any other way.

Yes - progress is being made on this front. Not too many details to share other than it is absolutely happening, we just need to work everything out on our end! It'll be formally announced when we're at an appropriate stage of readiness :D!

so im guessing that this means we are getting free user made content?

does this include what some games would call the forge? to which players can generate their own mission lines and quests for other players to be apart of?

design weapon skins for weapons that are already in the game and or kubro, liset ect?

UI mods?

and anything of that like?