Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Wilde Machete Appears ~ Okay But Really

Fullmetal_Underpants

So i'm sure a bunch of exclusive hoarders are gonna be butthurt over this one, but frankly... screw them, this is a much desired mastery fodder pool for most who care about that sort of thing... now my problem isn't so much that we finally fill in the gaps here, but more than we well...  i'm still waiting for a usable machete stance, the one we have is useless... i mean all of the combos are slower than cold molasses and the Mash-E combo leaves you open on both sides, from behind and from crawler-height in front, seriously it's... just.. freaking awful.  the weapon family is literally better right now with no stance on it.

so really i see one of 2 solutions with consideration to machetes even having their own family and that nami solo got arbitrarily shoved into this category despite being a Cutlass.

either... combine machetes and one-handed swords into one category and make the 1 useless machete stance a one-handed sword stance because there is absolutely no reason why one could not use ANY of the machetes in the same way you use the 1H swords

-Or-

Give us a new machete stance, one that's at least passably usable, this default one is just trash and if you guys on the dev team ever played your own game in any depth, you'd know it.

They are probably too busy working on U17 right now. My bet is that Goeff wii create a new rare stance for machetes OR change the one we have now.

i really frigging hope so, because now we have 2 of the best ones running rampant and cheapish through the game, a lot of new players are gonna be excited to pick up their first machete with half-decent damage only to find out just how bad they really are.

They should really combine them into one category. It makes no sense to separate them but then there is the kama which is not even a machete type weapon. 

yeah the kamas don't really have a proper sitting in any family or enough diversity to warrant their own stance. on the other hand i would fully welcome us getting a ghurka fighting technique themed stance and a kukri weapon coming out... that could be used to cover all 1 handed axe, machete and kamas.

As someone with event weapons, I honestly don't care, I say good. None of the event stuff with the exception of sigils should have ever been exclusive, and instead been released to participants as early access. Every single mod with the exception of Primed Chamber has worked this way (to my knowledge, though there are a few more mods from rather new events that are still unreleased, oh and that one airborne mod with Zephyr's launch) and I'm fine with the weapons working this way too. Maybe we will get Primed Chamber one day from Baro? ;_;

Also for those of you who weren't around, the first event exclusive mod was Thunderbolt, also awarded to only 100 people if I remember correctly, before being rolled into the normal loot pools.

Honestly I never use machetes, think their move set is horrible. So agree, we need a better one.

As someone with event weapons, I honestly don't care, I say good. None of the event stuff with the exception of sigils should have ever been exclusive, and instead been released to participants as early access. Every single mod with the exception of Primed Chamber has worked this way (to my knowledge, though there are a few more mods from rather new events that are still unreleased, oh and that one airborne mod with Zephyr's launch) and I'm fine with the weapons working this way too. Maybe we will get Primed Chamber one day from Baro? ;_;

Also for those of you who weren't around, the first event exclusive mod was Thunderbolt, also awarded to only 100 people if I remember correctly, before being rolled into the normal loot pools.

Honestly I never use machetes, think their move set is horrible. So agree, we need a better one.

iirc that 20% damage reduction while airborne mod is still obtainable through transmutation. i like that they're re-releasing these weapons, for one i missed the machete wraith, second some people need the mastery to pop 20 soon surprised that thunderbolt would have been an exclusive, but i do have a primed chamber kicking around.